Adventure King problems

Chaosflare

So yeah -- if I remember correctly, the Adventure King (or King of Adventure) is a caravan that eventually stays stationary North of Halure. After a while, the male of the "traveling" caravan is supposed to give you items once you've defeated the gigantic monsters.

Anyway, I've just wanted to know what the deal is. In my case, I've defeated 6 of the 9, and throughout, he has yet to say anything other than:

"...err...how are you...?

I guess....I'm alright..."

What the hell am I doing wrong? T_T

What is he supposed to say? I´ve started the quest, thats for sure...killed 3 of the monsters so far but I haven´t met the guy again yet.

Is there something special to do like killing them in order? Or just kill them all and meet the king of adventurers again?

The key to this quest is to stay the night with him frequently during the game. Do not kill ANY Giganto Monsters until the quest has started or the quest will be partially messed up. You can officially start this quest after the Fiertia is your property. This link is super useful for all the really oddly timed quests in the game: http://ameblo.jp/koulinovesperia/entry-10143410717.html

I had no problem starting this quest. I believe it can be initiated once you become Brave Vesperia. All you need to do is ensure that throughout the game, you've visited the camp in every location until it finally settles near Aspio.

Once there, go and stay the night and an event should start where Karol and Yuri will talk to Rich about why he's travelling and the Giganto Monsters. This was done right after Judith left the party after she destroyed the blastia on the Fierto.

Hope this helps. XD

• 3 weeks later...
The key to this quest is to stay the night with him frequently during the game. Do not kill ANY Giganto Monsters until the quest has started or the quest will be partially messed up. You can officially start this quest after the Fiertia is your property. This link is super useful for all the really oddly timed quests in the game: http://ameblo.jp/koulinovesperia/entry-10143410717.html

yeah, as he says, Even though the monsters CAN respawn, the quest is glitched in such a way that, if you've already killed one (weasand of cados probably, that was my first kill) then you are unable to start the quest, and miss out on all that follows.

Suffice it to say, i found this immensely frustrating as well.

• 9 months later...
Actually, the solution to this problem is pretty simple. (Sorry for digging up and old post.)

After you get the party back together the quest continues normally. (Im guessing since Karol is in the scenes when Rich hands over the spoils.)

No - if you have killed ANY Giganto monsters, it doesn't matter if you have your full party - you can't start the quest. I killed one in the Caves near Nordopolica without knowing what it was, so I had to do this on my second playthrough.