Heres the easy easy easy way to get the 1000miles

dandoc2

Ok so i got stuck yday trying to do the achievement

But i found a way to get 1miles a minute meaning 60miles an hour and this is no donut rubbish

Ok right go on the pine peaks unlimited the 8.04mile course the one where you can choose like 8 cars

Drive about 4 sections up and get to a bit where your in a n open area and heres the secret

Get to here

http://img227.imageshack.us/img227/3111/dirtcv3.png

Ram the gate down (so you have room) and continue to drive fof the cliff

Just keep driving off the cliff if you get the right amount of run up it should reset you quite far away from the edge

Stick some tape on the gas and sit back and relax

And the best thing about the achievement is that you dont have to complete the course to get it just leave the track open and keep driving off the cliff -- i was racking up miles quick

Let me know how it goes as im now a member of the 1k club sweet :Bounce:

• Replies 98
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I for one don't like when you don't get an achievement. But, when a piece of tape gets it for you, what kind of accomplishment is that?

It is a good find though.

I had already done like 1050 miles an still hadnt got it so i resorted to sorta cheating but t saves ppl time - took me over 20hours to complete the game :uzi:

Ok so i got stuck yday trying to do the achievement

But i found a way to get 1miles a minute meaning 60miles an hour and this is no donut rubbish

Ok right go on the pine peaks unlimited the 8.04mile course the one where you can choose like 8 cars

Drive about 4 sections up and get to a bit where your in a n open area and heres the secret

Get to here

http://img227.imageshack.us/img227/3111/dirtcv3.png

Ram the gate down (so you have room) and continue to drive fof the cliff

Just keep driving off the cliff if you get the right amount of run up it should reset you quite far away from the edge

Stick some tape on the gas and sit back and relax

And the best thing about the achievement is that you dont have to complete the course to get it just leave the track open and keep driving off the cliff -- i was racking up miles quick

Let me know how it goes as im now a member of the 1k club sweet :Bounce:

Is it possible to see a video...about that...because i really don't understand how to do this,....sorry :confused:

You just keep going off the cliff, and when you hit a certain point over it, you "respawn". Then it starts you straight like that again...rinse and repeat.

I tried justnow, I destroy the gate on the left and after go down in another point as show in the picture.

But the car imediately disappear ant the game write to me DEFINITIVE DAMAGE, and restart from the start of the race :(

How is it possible to do...in the right way :confused:

Does driving off a cliff effect your resets count?

Yeh but who cares about those

Its simple people

Smash the gate down then back up a bit - drive straight ahead where the gate was and then the car resets on the track after driving off the cliff - put some sellotape on the right trigger and go and watch lord of the rings or something

1 miles a minute i got give or take

I dont know how else to explain - fi you need anyhelp add me on xbox live i will help you do it and talk you through it

Because ive done this -- bash down the gate (on rookie) and drive ahead between where the gate was and the barrier on the right and then it will respawn you back on track - stick sum tape on the trigger and voila -- it works how else do you think i got the 1000miles achivement -----Just try what i said - it wont respawn you do the beginning unless you do it on higher than rookie

Make sure you line yourself up and DONT touch the steering

• 2 weeks later...
I had already done like 1050 miles an still hadnt got it so i resorted to sorta cheating but t saves ppl time - took me over 20hours to complete the game :uzi:

Remember that the 1000miles achievement is computed on miles covered while in Career mode. Online and championship mode does not count towards 1000miles goal unfortunatelly.

Simple method is:

race the first Hill climb Windy Point with the Subaru Impreza...is a 1.45 minute race with wery few turns with 5 km lenght.

At the end just do restart (without go in the menu andrestart)...

in this way in just an hour you will do 150 km :woop:

But mine works while you sleep

Damaging your car so that it pulls to the left a bit would probably really help.... This method does work but the place your looking for is on the third section not the fourth... Also it took a good 20-30 tries to get it to work by that time i had wrecked my care enough it would pull to the left otherwise your car will just go straight into the guardrail...

However, 60 mph? Yeah right you get about 30-35 with this method still it is better than 20-25 from doing donuts

Damaging your car so that it pulls to the left a bit would probably really help.... This method does work but the place your looking for is on the third section not the fourth... Also it took a good 20-30 tries to get it to work by that time i had wrecked my care enough it would pull to the left otherwise your car will just go straight into the guardrail...

However, 60 mph? Yeah right you get about 30-35 with this method still it is better than 20-25 from doing donuts

I was getting about 0.9 of a mile per minute

It is quite hard to do and explain

You may have done if diff to me -if you didnt have a god run up maybe thats why you didnt get as many miles

It does work i just wish id made a vid and put it on youtube but i cant as i dont have the game anymore

• 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...

This is legit, and the per hour mileage reported is accurate. Thanks for posting it.

It took a few minutes to set up, just some trial and error to get the car to spawn by the bashed gate and not right by the rail. Also, I'd say the bashing of left wheel is sort of mandatory so the car veers off the road. There is a low sharp rock on the other side of the road across from the bashed gate for this. I used the Tacoma since I think it has the best straightline accelaration, rammed it twice and the trajectory was right on. About 65 miles/60 minutes. Achievement Unlocked. :)

• 2 weeks later...

If you have done the career 100% and the rally world championships as well, how many miles total do you have to have driven before you get the 1000 miles achievement ?

I am just about to get to 1100 miles and I think I have had like 3 races online, so hopefully it wont be too long before I get the 1000 miles and the 1000 gamerpoints ! (This is the last achievement for DiRT now).

• 3 weeks later...
This doesn't work as well as I expected. Ive found that when I leave the controller with the trigger taped down, it turns itself off after about 20 minutes. So it cant really be done while sleeping.

You'll need to plug in your play 'n' charge kit then leave it on overnight then the controller will not turn itself off.

I'll need to do this asap, It's the only achievement I need for the 1000G.