New: Flight School Update!

Ashleyc

I figure the flight school works on a bonus system - the first time you gain a medal in a lesson you get a money reward, one for gold, silver and bronze. That'd be why the payout for a first-try gold is so high - you're getting all three bonuses in one. Then, if you replay, you already have the medal so no bonus - you just get the baseline amount.

About that right man. First on most lessons gives me +$18.000 and after that only +$11.000. Best so far was:

San Andreas Flight School - Shooting Range (Buzzard), straight GOLD on first attempt got me a fine $37.500 with a score of 32. Now that is something!

• Replies 136
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

About that right man. First on most lessons gives me +$18.000 and after that only +$11.000. Best so far was:

San Andreas Flight School - Shooting Range (Buzzard), straight GOLD on first attempt got me a fine $37.500 with a score of 32. Now that is something!

Wow that's pretty good. I only had 17. I sucked at it haha

Wow that's pretty good. I only had 17. I sucked at it haha

Well I sucked at all the jet flights though, the one I really had trouble with was GROUND LEVEL, managed to get GOLD with 0.87m average height...after a thousand attempts. :o

Edit: Got another 1st time GOLD worth $37.500 on the final flight school FOLLOW LEADER with 02:22:031. Seems like that's the highest payout you can get.

Edit #2: I just unlocked a ELITAS T-SHIRT, probably for finishing all of them.

Edited by JuSt BLaZe

suppose I best do the flight school since everyone else is ;)...eventhough im a terrible pilot (still maxed my flying out though lol)

also anyone tried it with their 2nd character? like get a gold and get the 37k payout or is it still the base payment?

was just thinking if each character could get gold and the full payouts thats alot more easy-ish cash :p

suppose I best do the flight school since everyone else is ;)...eventhough im a terrible pilot (still maxed my flying out though lol)

also anyone tried it with their 2nd character? like get a gold and get the 37k payout or is it still the base payment?

was just thinking if each character could get gold and the full payouts thats alot more easy-ish cash :p

I switched to my 2nd character to see if the stats goes cross all of them (you can check your progress under UNLOCKS) but they ain't so I'm pretty sure you can get another $37.500.

You can get the full payout with both characters.

Just a quick heads up.... all the cars in my second property ended up losing their personal plates with the update. So you guys may want to check your cars.

I already sent it to R* (some say they're aware of that):

https://support.rockstargames.com/hc/communities/public/questions/201695383-PRIVATE-CUSTOM-PLATE-resets-to-normal-after-every-reboot-

(some other dude):

https://support.rockstargames.com/hc/communities/public/questions/202945896-Please-Suggest-2nd-garage-lost-plate-and-Wearing-crew-badges-want-join-lobbys

Just a quick heads up.... all the cars in my second property ended up losing their personal plates with the update. So you guys may want to check your cars.

while your at it incase you didn't know, don't bother rebuying the plates for them cars as they just vanish whenever you swap lobbies or go offline and come back

I got the crew tattoo on my 2nd characters right arm. Every time I enterd a new lobby I lose the tattoo. The repurchase price of the tattoo is $100 and it says in the description that to unlock crew tattoos I need to play the intro and join a crew, something that I have done with both my characters already.

I am the crew leader of my crew and in an attempt to try to solve this I left my crew thinking that I could easily re-join. Well I was able to re-join but found out I am no longer the crew leader :eek:

Yeah man I did it twice. :rant:

I think i sorted mine out like 4 times before it clicked in my brain that it keeps resetting lol

I got the crew tattoo on my 2nd characters right arm. Every time I enterd a new lobby I lose the tattoo. The repurchase price of the tattoo is $100 and it says in the description that to unlock crew tattoos I need to play the intro and join a crew, something that I have done with both my characters already.

I am the crew leader of my crew and in an attempt to try to solve this I left my crew thinking that I could easily re-join. Well I was able to re-join but found out I am no longer the crew leader :eek:

hm thats odd, im crew leader of my own crew but my crew tat has never vanished, although i have the on my chest not on my arm so that may be why..

as for not being leader...well what did you expect to happen? :/ (dont mean to sound rude :p ), maybe get whoever the new leader(if there is one) to make you a commisioner, basicly crew leader powers but not leader, or even ask R* tech support for help...you never know they might help

Yay I finally managed to finish and complete the FLIGHT SCHOOL EVENT PLAYLIST with a score of 82 (1st place). Before that it always got stuck at the loading-screen or in the continues lobby.

High Flyer parachute unlocked!

*removes pic*

that things kinda ugly lol....ill stick to my England flag bag :p

hm thats odd, im crew leader of my own crew but my crew tat has never vanished, although i have the on my chest not on my arm so that may be why..

as for not being leader...well what did you expect to happen? :/ (dont mean to sound rude :p ), maybe get whoever the new leader(if there is one) to make you a commisioner, basicly crew leader powers but not leader, or even ask R* tech support for help...you never know they might help

It's not rude, it was a f**k up on my part, I think it even mentioned that I would lose my crew leadership if I left. For some stupid reason at the time I thought that because I created the crew I would be reinstated as leader on my return.

When I created that crew I called it Viperspikes which is my username with an s on the end. I always wanted to change it but there was no option to rename it. So now I am contemplating whether to try and become the leader of my original crew that is ranked around 78,000 which I think is pretty good considering it has only 10 members or start a new crew with a crew name that fits in with GTA 5 more. Decisions decisions.

On another not while I was online yesterday I saw a few people in the lobby that had a pilots hat with the pilots wings badge on the front. I thought it was unlocked through getting gold in all flight school tests, so I set out to get all gold. I did that with both my 1st and 2nd characters and nothing happened, and then thought it might be from the weekend event, but from this forum is see you get a parachute bag.

So my question is does anyone know how to get it. Also I am not talking about the flight cap that wraps around the ears that you can buy from the store.

It's not rude, it was a f**k up on my part, I think it even mentioned that I would lose my crew leadership if I left. For some stupid reason at the time I thought that because I created the crew I would be reinstated as leader on my return.

When I created that crew I called it Viperspikes which is my username with an s on the end. I always wanted to change it but there was no option to rename it. So now I am contemplating whether to try and become the leader of my original crew that is ranked around 78,000 which I think is pretty good considering it has only 10 members or start a new crew with a crew name that fits in with GTA 5 more. Decisions decisions.

try and maybe get tech support to reinstate you as leader? since the crew is basicly named after you it should be obvious you should be the leader, if that fails make the new crew and get the other 9 to rejoin, might get you to rank 78k again :p

On another not while I was online yesterday I saw a few people in the lobby that had a pilots hat with the pilots wings badge on the front. I thought it was unlocked through getting gold in all flight school tests, so I set out to get all gold. I did that with both my 1st and 2nd characters and nothing happened, and then thought it might be from the weekend event, but from this forum is see you get a parachute bag.

So my question is does anyone know how to get it. Also I am not talking about the flight cap that wraps around the ears that you can buy from the store.

ive not seen that cap, it might very well be a special crate drop item like the beer hats no? since finishing the flight school is a t shirt and the event thing is the parachute bag....unless special crates arent dropping then in that case I have no idea as like I said ive not seen anyone wearing it lol

quick question but is the Chemical Extraction mission broken for anyone else?

I only ask because Ive joined this mission about 5 times now since it came back and the game always freezes just as I finish hacking the terminal, and I assume it does so for others as last time I was in a lobby of 6 and 4 of them left after each taking a turn to hack it

I only ask because Ive joined this mission about 5 times now since it came back and the game always freezes just as I finish hacking the terminal, and I assume it does so for others as last time I was in a lobby of 6 and 4 of them left after each taking a turn to hack it

Did it about 2 hours ago with a friend. He hacked and I was in a buzzard and we finished it without any problems

Nope did it plenty times yesterday/today. All fine! :)

ive not seen that cap, it might very well be a special crate drop item like the beer hats no? since finishing the flight school is a t shirt and the event thing is the parachute bag....unless special crates arent dropping then in that case I have no idea as like I said ive not seen anyone wearing it lol

I have not been able to see that hat online since last Thursday and I have seen no mention online at all. So either I was in a lobby with hackers who managed to create it or I mistook the military cap for it, although I have seen no military caps with flight wings on the front. Maybe my eyes need to be checked out.

I've been looking around and as far as I can see the only hat that has been added is the Flight Cap, which is the Biggles-style cap with goggles. Don't know what it was you saw!

By the by, did anyone see an event crate over the weekend? I didn't see a single one, but got quite a few of the normal ones. Unfortunately, they all had a heavy weapon inside which is no good to me as I already have them all. Didn't even need the ammo either, I accidentally clicked the "buy all ammo" option once a few months back so now always keep maximum ammo for every weapon in the game.

found some new amusing glitchs in my garage:

http://prod.cloud.rockstargames.com/ugc/gta5photo/5108/XYNgo6z7r0iVgJsgTrHs_w/0_0.jpg

http://prod.cloud.rockstargames.com/ugc/gta5photo/3254/43mLIRQdikmbzb5BWyBGAA/0_0.jpg

http://prod.cloud.rockstargames.com/ugc/gta5photo/5229/NJVlqOKfgUC3HypBTO6w7Q/0_0.jpg

(the car is floating here incase its not entirely clear lol)

didn't see anyone else mention this so yeah :p