100% Achievement Didn't Unlock!

• 3 weeks later...
  • Replies 59
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• 3 months later...

Are there any updates on this glitch? I have played through the campaign twice and the horde mode twice and done the multiplayer achievements again and still no 100% achievement. I would love to send the game back to gamefly asap but I dont want to just give up on the last achievement if there is an update on fixing this.

• 4 weeks later...

I just played all the way back through the game b/c the achievement didn't unlock, and when I got to level 10 there were ZERO collectibles anywhere to be had. It's like they glitched and completely disappeared from the game. I'm wondering if this might be what causes the glitch at least sometimes because they game can no longer even track if I've gotten them or not, since they no longer exist.

Fuck I don't want to do this POS a 3rd time for 100%.

Yeah, I have played through everything twice as well and made sure I did everything possible. I am to the point where I don't care anymore and I want to get rid of the game otherwise I will see it in my collection and it will stress me out.

I hate being a completionist sometimes... Especially with games like this where it is beyond your control whether or not you can actually complete when you have done everything required for the achievement. If only I could shut that part of my brain off that cared about completion percentage. Ah oh well.

I got it to pop, finally. From Activision Support:

Sorry to hear your having a issue with the There is no Cake achievement. Also thank you for troubleshooting the issue before contacting us. When you were playing in Story Mode and collecting all the secondary objectives, did you finish the level before quitting out? Can you also please try deleting and re-downloading your Xbox Live Profile and check again? Note: When deleting the profile, select Delete Profile Only. Also, can you try competing and winning in another Infiltration map and another Capture the "Greased-Up Deaf Guy" match to see if the issue continues. Thank you.

I only had to win one Infiltration match for the achievement to pop (after deleting and re-downloading my profile).

• 7 months later...

Just came back to this after 3 months of doing other games, and finished the last challenges and bought the last item from the shop to have it glitch. Gonna try and get this done later, and see if any of these workarounds work for me. Don't wanna be stuck with a broke achievement. Already had Bioshock glitch an achievement twice and Dead Island Riptide glitch one this year. Luckily I fixed them and hope I can do the same again. Did get a patch when I loaded it up but that did nothing.

• 2 months later...

For me it finally unlocked when I stayed in a room with Quagmire for 30 seconds again. I tried pretty much everything before that, but I remembered that I played that level in co-op, and when I did my actual playthrough I didn't go for that achievement again, because I already had it. Gladly I unlocked it then.

• 4 months later...

I too had this achievement glitch on me so I went through and did all multiplayer achievements again including multiplayer madness and the challenges to no avail, then as I was about to start over I came to the realization that my last achivement for getting 500 kills with Brian I did on my co op partners save, not mine. So I loaded up santa's workshop and went to the conveyor belt and 10 minutes later I had the achievement. IF YOU DID ANY OF THE ACHIEVEMENTS ON A FRIENDS SAVE THEN YOU NEED TO REDO THEM ON YOUR SAVE!!! This might help some poor bastards save some time figuring out what they still need.

• 1 month later...

I recently had issues with this achievement as well. I tried everything and was about to give up when it randomly popped for me. Here is what I did:

I Went into a free for all death match (not good/evil teams) as Quagmire with a second controller plugged in and playing as Meg. I walked over to Meg and started to do the 3 melee kills, and it popped just as I was getting my second kill.

That got me thinking that the "There is no cake" title may be a joke. Maybe when you get 100%, the game does not give you the achievement (you do not get your cake) right away. It may be a delayed achievement that you get after playing the game a certain amount of time after completing it. This would make sense after hearing so many players having it randomly pop in the middle of multiplayer. Just a thought.