Is it worth even bothering to get this game?

Pyrofreezer

Only about 5 missions in but really enjoying it...

all the stuff online has been about the look of Dante, and honestly I was with the people opposed to the change in character. However Im loving the game and the character grows on you... seems a little deeper than the old dante... I would hve likes some nods back to him... maybe redesign but keep the hair? *shrugs*

But, its a really good fun title. Combos and action flow together really nice. Challenge is really good... gotta say the moves list isnt making me go as "WOW" as i would like, but they are fun and look pretty cool.

All in all, a great action game and a good reboot of the old franchise. If you liked old DMC you will like this.

I'd say Yeah, I never played the old Devil May Cry's but I thought this one was amazing =) The only major problem that got my attention would have to be the Camera Angles, That was the only annoying part for me really.

Other than that I thought that it was a great game which you should 100% try out ;)

Going for the 1000G =D 420/1000

DMC is a fantastic game, I am sick to death of people complaing that Dante doesn't have floppy white hair anymore! Seriously people, judge a game on it's gameplay and story and not how the main character looks. I played all the previous Devil May Cry games and loved them. Ninja Theory have created a title that allows a wider audience to enjoy the DMC universe, what in the hell is wrong with that!?

The combat is fluid, fun and fast paced. The story is engaging and interesting, by no means is DMC the best game in the world, but it is damn fun. So to those people who won't even give it a chance because "he looks different" or "it's not by the same developers", stop complaining about nothing, and give it a try!!

/rant

• 5 months later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 7 months later...
  • 2 months later...
  • 4 months later...
  • 5 months later...

Honestly? I put off buying it for a long time, considering I'm an avid fan of the originals. (Except 2. 2 was a nightmare we all mass hallucinated.) I didn't particularly care for the direction Ninja Theory took it and still don't. More for particular reasons as much as the way the director handled criticism. Even when there was a lot of level headed and well put criticism. It's like someone decided to write the worst possible AU fanfic.

THAT BEING SAID: I'd say it's actually a decent buy. The story is lame in a lot of points, but I actually ended up liking Dante quite a bit by the time you meet up with Kat. He's actually not that bad of a character. Unfortunately you have to either take a look at videos or play it yourself to really see it. The combat takes some getting used to. Once you do, it's slick. Slick, intuitive to the playing style you want to go with. Key words being "once you get used to it". The combat was a learning curve for me, personally. Other characters you come across can be kind of give or take through it all as well. The environments are also extremely dynamic— extremely gorgeous to look at. The first level you play in Limbo is my favorite for how smooth it all went.

Could have really done without the constant F Bombs, gross factors, and some other general unpleasantness, though. YMMV on that.

So, over all DmC is an ugly but beautiful game. One you're either going to love or hate. So I'd say take the advice of other people in this thread: play the demo, maybe look up so videos and decide for yourself.