Gears of War Movie is Looking "Incredibly Good"

Weapon 117

http://gamervision.com/contributed/1241553469GQCOeRy8RQ.jpg

Most of the time, for better or worse, movies based on games disappear. Recently, Peter Jackson's Halo film comes to mind, and it appears that producers get really excited to make a film based on a game when the title is hot, and forget about it the following month. Gears of War film's screenwriter, Chris Morgan, recently revealed that this isn't the case for that movie, and it's actually approaching production.

“A draft went in and we’re talking about it now and we’re budgeting it out. It’s looking incredibly good,” Morgan said in an interview with MTV. Not only is the script done, apparently, but it's getting close. This doesn't mean that the film is a go, and budgeting is still an early step in the overall production, but it's a good sign. Hopefully this will all go well, and casting will commence in the (somewhat) near future.

“One of the things they’re really talking about now is the budget of the film and how big of a spectacle this is going to be. My argument is, look at the underlying material. Look at the game and the scenario — the fact that the world is being taken over by the Locust, it has to be huge.”

Source: http://www.gamervision.com/gamer/coop/news/article/gears_movie_progressing_smoothly

As long as the chainsaw has a vacuum on the end of it the movie will be accurate. =)

I love this game, but I don't have big expectations for the movie. Game movies generally suck. It's tough to get all the things right and not piss off any fans of the game.

well, if it's not going to CGI with the voice actors from the game, and if Epic games is not involved at all...THIS MOVIE WILL SURELY SUCK BALLS.

Because there no good movies based of video games, nor is there any games that are based of movies. Expect for Chronicles of Riddick: Escape From Butcher Bay(No, not the remake), which is actually better than the movie.

I agree with CGI that way it feels connected to the game, and you have the same voice actors, sometimes when you pick an actor to play a character they are the wrong fit and jack up the whole movie

That's like buying a game and calling your neighbor over to watch them play.

Boring as hell.

if its not in CGI, its gonna be STUPID. if you don't have the voices, its gonna be a let down. If you don't have the looks, its gonna be a letdown.

Plus, you can add in all the fresh shit from the game, like heads exploding (and making that tasty pop sound), cutting em up with the saw, and the locust would be much easier to do, along with all the huge monsters and huge vehicles the COG's transport troops with. blah blagh bahg

Seconded... I still want a CGI movie. I don't think actors will ever be as cool as the real characters. But I am glad that the movie is actually making "progress." Let's just hope they pull this off.

agreed, i think the fans would be less upset IF it turns out bad. so they cant blame it on the actors for being bad. (normally the case) CG gow movie would have ZERO chance of being bad, i mean its not like Marcus will complain about lag during the movie so i dont think they could go wrong.