Demo out on marketplace

Wiggum

Played it for about half an hour today. I never played 2k6, last baseball gamed I loved was MVP 2005, but I really enjoyed this one. Coming from an EA game directly into a 2k game was kinda odd at first, but the presentation, graphics and gameplay are all very impressive. You can only play as the Mets and Cardinals in game 7 of the 06 NLCS. Hit a HR with Beltran, no apple celebration in Shea though :(. Overall a great game, can't wait for tomorrows release.

I never played 2k6 either. By the time I got a 360, I had read too many bad reviews. I like my baseball games, and I didn't want a sour taste in my mouth after my first baseball experience on the 360.

That being said, I'm liking the gameplay in the demo a lot. I've heard some people on other forums complaining that the batting is too hard. But really, that's just some pathetic whining. I'm guessing they played the demo once, couldn't figure the batting out immediately, and started crying. This isn't the SNES, you can't hit every single pitch anymore. I love the batting.

Pitching is good too. I'm kinda disliking the payoff pitch at this early stage. I haven't got my accuracy down yet, and I don't like having the pressure of having to hit a target perfectly or having my pitch rating suffer as a result. But I'm already pitching with perfect accuracy about 50% of the time, and that's after only playing through a few games on the demo. So I'm guessing this won't be too difficult to master (and upon mastery, will in fact be a good thing), and this is only a minor gripe.

Now I heard some atrocious things about the fielding in 2k6, and I'm here to tell you that I haven't seen any of it yet in 2k7. The players aren't sluggish at all. You can stop on a dime and turn and still have a prayer of catching the ball. If anything, the AI so far has been a little too good at positioning itself in the field. I sometimes feel like I don't have complete control over my guys. In fact, I was actually surprised at one point when a pop up went much closer to right field and the highlighted player was the CF. Well, I missed that one, mostly because I don't really know the controls 100% yet (a switch between players would've easily solved the problem and I didn't know how to do it!! Guess I should've payed closer attention to the controller layout). Again, these complaints are so small they're almost non-existent.

That being said, only playing a few innings at a time doesn't really give you a complete sense of what might be wrong with the game. Though based on my playing of the demo, I'm very optimistic. Oh, and the demo is really easy. I've won every time so far, even the first time I played. If the actual game is as easy, I might have to play with the worst team in the league.

Well i played 2k6 and it was as horrible as it was made out to be. This demo I'm liking so far, sure the batting is hard but you will get used to it. I always did with mvp. I do like the suggested pitches and the payoff pitch. Another thing I found interesting is in a pressure situation. The aim jumps all over the place making it difficult but very realistic. Especially the realistic umpires, screwing me on a couple strike calls.

i like it and I believe I will be purchasing it tomorrow

why does everyone like mvp so much?

It's the best baseball game very made!

Also, I heard from someone yesterday that he hit a ball back to the pitcher and went to tag first when he collided with the runner, if so that's sweet first baseball game with collisions on the bases besides home plate.