Achievement Guide

Yeah man that's what always happens when an achievement is about to unlock it freezes up for a quick second, that's really weird. I don't know what else there is for you to try...maybe if you have a friend who lives close by who you can recover your gamertag on his harddrive and try and do it again on a different harddrive. It could have something to do with your harddrive internally, no clue though, just thought of that.

• 3 weeks later...

My achievements keep glitching just as described above--should I delete the files off my 120Gb HD, too? I was thinking that those were maybe (?) more solidly constructed. Damn 2K glitches...

The cheats don't nullify the achievements, either, which is odd, seeing how the game wants you to play on 'Pro' and that nonsense. If you apply the cheat for plentiful HR's or whatever then you can just bunt (Y button) your way to Slugger and Offense probably within 3 innings.

Sorry, I posted some cheat codes here, which I've read is taboo. They are easy to get from Gamespot, though.

• 1 month later...
  • 2 months later...
  • 2 months later...
  • 2 months later...

i know not many people will see this and want to respond, but thanks in advance for any who do

i have 2 questions:

does the no-hitter have to be done in a nine inning game to be achieved?

and for the multiplayer ones (for example: "win 20 9-inning games"), can you use the quitting method, or do you have to play the nine innings?

• 2 months later...
  • 5 years later...

I created a 20 game season and just adjusted my starting pitchers stamina so he could recovery faster. Then had him play two games in a row then rested on the third game and pitched my 2nd pitcher. Tried to keep both their era low, but since I only used those two, their innings, strike outs, and games played were higher. My 2nd pitcher had lower era of 0 and won the cy, but my first pitcher was in second even with his era at 1 +. It makes it easier for cy race if you have two pitchers from one team i guess. Also, I had to wait till the season was completely over and you CAN sim playoffs. Hope this helps.

what do you suggest for cy young award??? i was chieng ming wang and had a 4-1 record with a 2 era and lost to a guy who was 1-0 with a .5 era...its such BS
Edited by BuckeyeAlumni13