Achievement Guide

There are 33 achievements with a total of 1000 points.

Moonshot! 20

Hit a mammoth 450+ foot home run.

The sliders can be adjusted to help you achieve this, if you would like. Boost your hitters’ power, contact, etc. and play against a bad pitcher in a hitter’s park (such as Coors Field in Colorado). Another easy way to get the slugger achievement and the moonshot is to put Black Sox and m4murder in as cheats.

Super Slugger 30

Hit 3 home runs in one game with the same player on "Pro" or higher difficulty setting.

You can adjust your individual batters’ sliders for this one too, making it fairly easy. Just don’t adjust the overall gameplay sliders or the difficulty will switch to “Custom”. It needs to remain on “Pro” for it to unlock.

Offensive Explosion 40

Score 20 runs in one game on "Pro" or higher difficulty setting.

Again, adjust all of your individual batters’ sliders, while leaving the overall gameplay sliders alone and play in a hitters park.

5 Hit Game 50

Have a player get 5 base hits in one game.

This should unlock while you are hitting the ball around the park going for the 20 runs achievement. Just keep hitting until it happens.

Closing Time 10

Have a pitcher record a "save" by coming into a close ballgame to finish off a win.

Play a game and make sure you go into the last inning up by 3 or fewer runs. When your last chance in the field comes up, bring in a reliever to pitch the last full inning and you will get credit for a save.

Payoff 30

Make 10 successful "Payoff Pitches" in one game.

Everytime you get a batter to a 2-strike count, this will become available. Make sure to the mitt where your catcher calls for it and you will get it eventually.

Strikeout the Side 20

Strike out all 3 batters you face in an inning.

You can adjust the sliders for the opposing teams’ batters all to zero to make this much easier. You can also adjust your pitcher’s sliders. I recommend using Johan Santana (MN Twins) against the Pittsburgh Pirates.

Unhittable 50

Strikeout 15 batters with one pitcher on "Pro" or higher difficulty setting.

This is another one where you can adjust the opposing teams’ individual player sliders, but do not touch the overall gameplay sliders or it will not be on “Pro” anymore. It should be very easy if you take the time to change all of their stats to zero.

Thief 10

Successfully steal 2 bases in a game with one player.

Adjust the opposing catcher’s stats all to zero & boost the speed of all of your runners. You can also make the computer’s throwing speed as slow as possible if you are having trouble.

Double Steal 20

Make a successful double steal (2 players steal a base on the same play)

Same as thief. It will be no problem with the sliders adjusted. You need 2 or more runners on at once, and they both need to make it to the next base safely.

Organized Crime 40

Have your team successfully steal 6 bases in one game.

With the sliders adjusted, this will be easy. Just steal a base everytime someone gets on.

Robbery! 20

Make a wall climb catch (rob a home run.)

Max the opposing teams’ hitting stats and play in a hitters park. Also max your fielder’s speed stats. Before every at-bat, change your outfield positioning to Deep. Serve up fastballs & anytime the “Wall Climb” icon appears use the right stick and hope for the best. I recommend St. Louis’s Park. It is a good hitter’s park and the wall is climbable around the entire outfield, And their 3 Ofs are all quick.

Triple Double 30

Turned 3 double plays in one game. "Triple Double" done baseball style.

To make this easy, hit a batter and then pitch low to the next guy. You should get a groundball allowing you to get a double-play. Do this in 3 different innings and you got it.

Strikeout Leader 30

During a season, franchise, or GM Career, have a pitcher lead his league in strikeouts.

You can do this in a 10-game season. Manage your first game and keep in your top pitcher the whole time. For game 2, use your #2 pitcher and do the same. For game 3, your top pitcher should be back to full health—use him again. Keep using your #1 guy anytime he has 100% and he will get at least 2 more starts than everyone else in the league, giving him the strikeout lead by far.

Home Run Leader 30

During a season, franchise, or GM Career, have a player lead the league in HRs.

Max out all of your hitters’ stats and start a 10-game season. Save & then sim it. If it doesn’t unlock, reload and try again.

Cy Young Winner 30

During a season, franchise, or GM Career, have a player win the Cy Young award.

You will easily get this while doing the season strikeout achievement. You can also boost your pitchers’ stats and even lower all of your division rival batters’ stats if you need to.

World Series Winner 75

Play through a season (offline) and win the World Series.

Choose a good team and start a 10-game season. Sim game 1; if you win save it, if you lose reload. Continue saving after every game until you are in the playoffs. Do the same thing until you win it all.

Trivia Time 5

Successfully answer a trivia question between innings of a ball game.

Every game gives you a trivia shot in the middle. You usually have a 1:3 or 1:2 chance. So even if you don’t know anything, you can guess and be right eventually.

League Participation 20

Play at least one game in an online league or tournament.

Create or join a tournament with friends and set it to 1-inning games. You will get it for finishing a game.

Get Connected 20

Play a full 9 inning game versus an online opponent

Just hop online and find a match. Shouldn’t take too long.

Win 10 Online 10

Win ten 9 inning games online.

See WIN 50 ONLINE, below.

3-Game Streak 20

Go on a 3-game winning streak online.

5-Game Streak 30

Go on a 5-game winning streak online.

Win 20 Online 20

Win twenty 9 inning games online.

Join Up 10

Join an online league or tournament.

Go online and join any random league or tournament and this will unlock.

Secret Achievements

No-Hitter 100

Pitched a complete game no-hitter.

This can be done with your pitcher’s stats maxed out and even the opposing hitters’ stats dropped. It will be very easy in that scenario.

Online Champion 50

Won an online tourney/league. Most impressive.

Finish out a 1-inning tournament with friends. Get 3 other people (or tags) and run 4-tournaments, allowing each person to win one of them.

MVP Winner 30

Won the league MVP award.

This can be unlocked in the same manner as the HR Leader achievement. Max out stats, save, sim & reload if it doesn’t unlock.

Rail Lean Catch 10

Made an acrobatic catch leaning over foul territory railing.

Unlike the Rob a HR achievement, you do NOT push the right stick to get this. If you are at a wall and the ball is reachable, your player will reach over himself and snag it. The easiest spot for this is Fenway Park in Boston, which has a lot of rail space—including a good chunk of right field.

Burglar 30

Stole home plate. You the man.

This can easily be done while doing the other steal achievements with all of the sliders adjusted in your favor. You can also set up a situation with your bases loaded if you can not get a guy on 3rd by yourself.

Ejected! 10

Ejected from a ballgame? Double Check!

Keep hitting batters with your pitcher until the ump ejects him. Your manager will argue and keep tapping ‘A’ until he also gets booted.

Win 50 Online 50

Your dedication and skill are an inspiration to us all.

The best way to do this, and all other win/win streak achievements is with a partner. Start a game, throw one pitch and quit. Once one gets all of the win-streaks and total wins, simply switch and repeat.

The Cycle 50

Hit a single, double, triple, and Home Run in one game with the same player. Astounding.

While going for the 20-runs achievement, this should unlock as well. Triples are the hardest to get, but if you turn down the opposing fielders’ speed & throw based stats it will be much easier—along with your stats maxed of course.

ADDITIONAL CODES:

1 of 5 themick

2 of 5 phmantle

3 of 5 mightymick

4 of 5 m4murder

5 of 5 triplecrown

Edited by Jdm
Spacing

• 2 weeks later...

Some Suggestions

-mammoth homerun-

Turn the Power Bunt Cheat on/ Hit prodigenous Homers while also adjusting the sliders to your liking.

-3 homers with one player-

Same thing as mammoth

Triple Double-

Turn on the Batter down cheat and peg the first guy up to bat. Then throw a pitch down the middle and the next batter will ground it. Simply get a double ply 3 times and this will be unlocked. Also make sure you have at least nine innings.. cause there are only 3 outs in each.

Homerun leader-

Turn on the cheat for prodigenous homers and power bunts. Play the first game of a 10 game season and play as many innings as you think fit. At the end of the regular season this should unlock.

Trivia-

In Inning 3 you will be asked a basic question concerning baseball. One that appears quite often is " Who has played their full 16 yrs. career with the Yankees." - the answer is Bernie Williams

No hitter-

Turn on all of the fielder cheats by unlocking them in the skybox, and also the Batter Down cheat ( which forces the other team to always hit grounders.) With only grounders to worry about, that is of course if they hit the ball, you are sure to get this achievement.

Burglar-

Max out all of the players speed stats and when he is on third base, press the B button. As you notice, you should now be the runner. Lead off as much as you think is necessary, then right after the pitcher finishes his wind-up press RT and steal home. Your guy will most likely barrel into the catches, who will in turn drop the ball. Easy steal

The Cycle-

You can adjust the sliders in the menu for this achievement. Also I suggest you turn on the bouncy ball and no field friction cheat. These two cheats will make it easy for your runner to get to your desired base because the fielders will be running all over. The homerun will be easy, just turn on the prodigenous homerun cheat and the power bunt.

To unlock extra cheats, visit the skybox and then click on the unlockables. In the first shelf, there are various cheats, ranging from 0 to 1000 tokens. Tokens can be easily aqcuired by playing a single game.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
does the game difficulty have to be one a specific setting or can we change the sliders?

if the achievement says "on Pro or higher difficulty" then you can't change the gameplay sliders (you can change the individual player settings though) or it will become "Custom". for all others, you can use the gameplay sliders.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
I've been trying to get the "Organized Crime" Achievement. I adjust the sliders, steal 6 bases with my team, and I don't get the Achievement yet? Yes, I play the full 9 innings, I don't sim it or anything. Could anyone tell me if I'm doing something wrong?

i did it with ichiro on my team and did it very easily

• 2 weeks later...
Are you trying to do this in Quick Play or Play Now, whatever it's called? Because on MLB 2K6 I had to do in Franchise or Season to get this "Steal 5 Bases" achievement.
thanks so much I've been trying to find out why it wouldn't let me get the organized crime achievement. I guess I have to do it in season.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

For the Rail lean catch achievement, does it unlock as soon as you catch it? I did the fenway trick, bumped up the stats so they could hit HRs and i wouldn't drop balls, then leaned over the shortest part and snagged one but no achievement....I finished the game and nothing as well....what gives? everyone says sliders can be on??

Hey man sliders can be on...and it does unlock right after you catch it. Um, the only thing I can think is that it possibly wasn't the right rail? I don't remember the stadium set-up exactly as I haven't played since back in March, but I do remember it was slightly rightfield, and it was a rail looking thing that was green!

Ok so there's the bigger rail where there is the bullpen is, then there is a slight angle and the wall shortens to where the right field comes to another angle, then the foul pole. I caught it right in there. Ran in, he leaned, grabbed the ball and an out was recorded. And nothing. Any other ideas? I've done it 3 times now with no achievement all on the shortest wall. And i'm not pressing RS either, i'm just running up and he is leaning on his own...

Ok so there's the bigger rail where there is the bullpen is, then there is a slight angle and the wall shortens to where the right field comes to another angle, then the foul pole. I caught it right in there. Ran in, he leaned, grabbed the ball and an out was recorded. And nothing. Any other ideas? I've done it 3 times now with no achievement all on the shortest wall. And i'm not pressing RS either, i'm just running up and he is leaning on his own...

that is weird. it sounds like you did it perfectly... get all done with the game, erase your profile and all data for the game and try it again. the 2ksports games glitch a lot like that, and that usually fixes it.

You mean like delete my profiles on my xbox for this game? or just play through the game and if I don't get it reload a game, not select the restart option.

go onto your hard drive and delete any and every mlb2k7 file off of your memory. and then reload the game and it will treat you like its your first time playing. this helps a lot when 2ksports games are not unlocking achievements...