How Awards Work for Guides & Roadmaps

Howdy ladies and gents of XBA,

As you all may be seeing, XBA is currently embarked upon a huge journey encompassing many big changes to the site. There is much in the works making this a truly revolutionary year for XBA and we are glad to have such a strong community. We've got a little update announcement here that should hopefully clear up some confusion/mis-communication between some of the recent updates on awards and the products we here in the guide team are receiving and sorting through.

With the new plethora of awards coming out it's an exciting time for those of us who love to write guides and roadmaps and an even more exciting time for the award collector in all of us. We've been sitting down and discussing how to handle the new awards (i.e. micro awards) and how they in respect will effect our pre-existing awards. This announcement will hit three main points, hopefully alleviating some confusion that has arisen from all of these amazing changes.

How the awards work now:

In terms of Updates/Added info/Compiled info - We've agreed to

• Each Guide & Roadmap [G&R] submitted after January 7th 2013 (the date the new awards were announced to the community--link to announcement--) will be subject to a proactive system of guide publishing. What does this mean? It means we will not be going back and redoing how awards were dealt out prior to the 7th, but every G&R produced afterwards will be compared to the new standards for awards.
  • Credit all who make any changes (no matter how big/small) that are published as the official [G] or [R].
  • Authors will not be given an award unless it was a significant change (50% of the final publishing is theirs)
  • The updated Roadmaps will not be stickied nor receive messages.

Micro Guides:

Micro Guides

• Micro Awards stand for all DLC. 50 games included.
  • A [G&R] written for DLC is awarded 1 Micro Award (both are required to be eligible for the award). A second Micro Award can be earned for the same game if more DLC [G&R] is written.
  • [G & R] submit awards earned prior to [M] implementation will not be taken away. Only the [Guide] & [Roadmap] tracking counts will be affected.

Updating Guides and Roadmaps/Co-Written/Joint Credit

• Updating G&Rs is absolutely necessary for the longevity of our community. That being said, in order to get credit for an award you will need to update over 50% of the guide or map. This will be determined by a guide team member.
  • Co-written or Joint Credit will be noted if during the publishing process another member's [G&RM] descriptions were included. (co-wrote) denotes this and is for awards purposes.
  • DLC is counted as a separate guide from the retail and therefore it will not be taken into account.
  • DLC will have only have (co-written) if there was another DLC guide that was used in the publishing process.

GreenBook:

GreenThumb

These awards are exclusively for Guides or Roadmaps that have been worked on through the GreenBook. They may be combined with the above awards on a case by case basis at the discretion and judgement of the Guide Team.

Tracking Forums - Published Guides Only

The tracking forums are for Awards purposes and only Published [G&RM] are taken into account.

---------------------

I want to thank everyone on behalf of the guide team for their strong work in producing some of the best quality guides on the internet and challenge everyone to make this year's achievement guides and RoadMaps even better than before.

Any questions, comments, or concerns feel free to voice them. Until then...

~Live Long and Prosper~

Edited by THE DEADLY DOG

Good post. This clarifies quite a bit. However, I'm not sure I understand the logic beyond not counting Micro guides and DLC Roadmaps as separate entities. It's a roadmap in the end. Those, especially for larger DLCs, are going to be the exact same as retail.

BTW. Last bold line. "Tracking Fourms"

Good post. This clarifies quite a bit. However, I'm not sure I understand the logic beyond not counting Micro guides and DLC Roadmaps as separate entities. It's a roadmap in the end. Those, especially for larger DLCs, are going to be the exact same as retail.

BTW. Last bold line. "Tracking Fourms"

The micro award by definition includes both G&R. In essence it is a mini-me version of combining a guide and roadmap. We've had some staunch discussion on it, and as of now, this is the path we are most confident in proceeding down.

*Blushes at editing error.* Thanks Stayon.

Solid post Deadly you've cleared some key points up. I was actually asking about the Micro guides in the other thread so that's necessary info.

Yup. Announcement has been in the works for a while, and quite a bit of discussion has been shed in the name of getting it correct. We are happy with what the Guide Team has become, and happy with the path we are going down. Hopefully this helps us go down the path together in full understanding of how everything works.

The micro award by definition includes both G&R. In essence it is a mini-me version of combining a guide and roadmap. We've had some staunch discussion on it, and as of now, this is the path we are most confident in proceeding down.

I guess so. But you are treating the 2 parts of a DLC guide as one entity and a retail game as 2. That's just what confuses me with the decision. It's smaller but still two parts. Not arguing with you, just discussing.

And before it's mentioned, no I'm not suggested a micro-roadmap award.

I guess so. But you are treating the 2 parts of a DLC guide as one entity and a retail game as 2. That's just what confuses me with the decision. It's smaller but still two parts. Not arguing with you, just discussing.

And before it's mentioned, no I'm not suggested a micro-roadmap award.

This is correct.

Also to add, if an Author has written a DLC [R] and earned +1 [M] for that Title - they will not earn a second +1 [M] if he/she later go back and write the DLC [G].

They will however, earn a second +1 [M] if they write the DLC [G] for a second DLC pack for that same Title.

To summarize - if you wrote the [G&R] for Halo, and wrote the Map Pack 1 DLC [G], and the Map Pack 2 [R]

You will earn

+1 [G]

+1 [R]

+2 [M]

The awards will remain unchanged if you went back and wrote the [G/R] counterparts for both DLC.

G Dog - You want me to move this entire thread or just make a duplicate post within the Announcements?

This is correct.

Also to add, if an Author has written a DLC [R] and earned +1 [M] for that Title - they will not earn a second +1 [M] if he/she later go back and write the DLC [G].

They will however, earn a second +1 [M] if they write the DLC [G] for a second DLC pack for that same Title.

To summarize - if you wrote the [G&R] for Halo, and wrote the Map Pack 1 DLC [G], and the Map Pack 2 [R]

You will earn

+1 [G]

+1 [R]

+2 [M]

The awards will remain unchanged if you went back and wrote the [G/R] counterparts for both DLC.

G Dog - You want me to move this entire thread or just make a duplicate post within the Announcements?

Moving it would be stellar. Although I would like a copy here so if someone just goes to the guide section they can't quickly find it.