Has COD really fallen that much?

a lot of my mate's ain't getting cod this year & now that iv played the beta, has got me thinking has call of duty fallen that much?

I mean i'm only getting this cod for zombies & tbh in my opinion the multiplayer suck's.

anyway the question is HAS COD FALLING IN POPLARITY?

• Replies 51
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Yep! COD has been fallen every year & this year will be the biggest drop yet, no new ideas & steeling all ideas from other shooters ie. titanfall. Also with Star Wars Battlefront out this year around the same time people will be getting this instead.

I stopped taken an interest after Black Ops 1, & have not touched Multiplayer since this, same with Zombies

anyway the question is HAS COD FALLING IN POPLARITY?

You're late to the news... Advanced Warfare sold less than the previous one, Ghosts, and Ghosts sold less than the previous one, Black Ops II:

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Call_of_Duty:_Advanced_Warfare#Sales

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Call_of_Duty:_Ghosts#Sales

Blops has always been my fav. And when I get the beta to work without changing it to Brazil ill let you know.

Why not just change it to Brazil ? You do know once it starts downloading you can change it back to America or UK everything's still in English so why wait ?

Blops has always been my fav. And when I get the beta to work without changing it to Brazil ill let you know.

Black Ops 1 was fantastic. It wasn't ridiculous and in the future but it still had a good campaign and an innovative multiplayer to the franchise (with buying stuff).

Ghosts wouldn't have been awful if it wasn't for that horrendous and the most illogical ending ever.

I'm gonna spoil it because none of you will care anyways:

You shoot the main villain in the stomach, and the water floods the submarine, seemingly drowning him. But then, in the most sequel bait ending ever, he comes back and drags your character away and starts talking about how they'll kill the rest of the Ghosts team together. It's fucking stupid.

I mean i'm only getting this cod for zombies & tbh in my opinion the multiplayer suck's.

I'm getting BO3 only for zombies and the 4 player coop campaign. I would love to see more games incorporate 4 player coop campaign.

I think CoD has run its course.T he only way sales will rise again is if they release a remastered next gen version of CoD4.

Black Ops 1 was fantastic. It wasn't ridiculous and in the future but it still had a good campaign and an innovative multiplayer to the franchise (with buying stuff).

Ghosts wouldn't have been awful if it wasn't for that horrendous and the most illogical ending ever.

I'm gonna spoil it because none of you will care anyways:

You shoot the main villain in the stomach, and the water floods the submarine, seemingly drowning him. But then, in the most sequel bait ending ever, he comes back and drags your character away and starts talking about how they'll kill the rest of the Ghosts team together. It's fucking stupid.

BO 1 had a good story, multiplayer had good ideas but I never was a fan of Treyarch's version of the engine nor their maps.

Ghosts was trash not only because the campaign was trash, but the MP was just as trash as the campaign. Even its Survival only got good after the overpriced DLC came out.

I think CoD has run its course.T he only way sales will rise again is if they release a remastered next gen version of CoD4.

This guy knows what's up.

What do you believe is rising in CODs place?

Just other shooters? Different ideas? Better story needed? MP is old?

Just looking to see opinions. Give examples and so on if willing.

Edit: Last COD I played was MW3 I think. It's been awhile. Getting ready to play Ghost.

CoD was never really about the campaign and their stories have all been pretty much similar in quality, imo. I personally think the MP is getting old. All these new gimmicks they are adding just cheapen the whole franchise. As I said elsewhere, if they issued a remastered CoD4, people would eat that up.

Plus I think people are diversifying what they play now. Minecraft was not around back in the day. I see tons of people playing it from time to time. Plus the growth of casual/indie/mobile games (Clash of Clans, etc.).

I think they need to go back to their roots. Pure gunplay. No ridiculous or OP killstreaks. No gimmicks.

I agree with no gimmicks.

Do you think a WWI or WWII would do well again?

The MP was always boring for me, but prolly cause I suck at it.

What do people want in their shooters now? I really enjoyed Wolfenstien.

Especially the space level. Can COD do space? Lol

Can the franchise be saved or just needs to reinvent or as you said go back to roots. It would be nice if it focused on basic gunplay.

I agree with no gimmicks.

Do you think a WWI or WWII would do well again?

The MP was always boring for me, but prolly cause I suck at it.

What do people want in their shooters now? I really enjoyed Wolfenstien.

Especially the space level. Can COD do space? Lol

Can the franchise be saved or just needs to reinvent or as you said go back to roots. It would be nice if it focused on basic gunplay.

I think WWII would work well for some people. Probably more so for the people that were around in the early days of COD MP. I'm sure a lot of the younger crowd would have a hard time getting used to or even enjoying a WWII-style MP since they technically grew up in the current era.

The issue I think is that there are SO MANY first-person shooters these days. And almost all of them are doing a better job creating experiences worth the $60 price tag. I feel like COD games at this point feel like expansions on the last, that should release at $30 price-tag. They do not innovate or take any leaps, I feel.

These last few seem to have looked at what was the new thing (Titanfall) and started copy/pasting from their model. It's actually pathetic...

Are there that many other shooters out there that are decent? I haven't played any I guess. Most shooters are all the same and I'm more a story person, I like shooters but a dime a dozen.

To me a lot of these games should be divided into 2 games Single player/story. Then an MP part. Two different sets of achievements. But SP might not sell alone. But id play more if it had less MP. I like shooters, hate MP, cause I suck at it.

Are there that many other shooters out there that are decent? I haven't played any I guess. Most shooters are all the same and I'm more a story person, I like shooters but a dime a dozen.

To me a lot of these games should be divided into 2 games Single player/story. Then an MP part. Two different sets of achievements. But SP might not sell alone. But id play more if it had less MP. I like shooters, hate MP, cause I suck at it.

Battlefield series, Deus Ex series, Wolfenstein, Metro series, Far Cry series, Sniper Ghost Warrior series, Borderlands series, Titanfall, Halo series, Crysis series, and Payday series are the first that come to mind. There are several others that haven't had newer releases like Operation Flashpoint, Left 4 Dead, Homefront (yet), Rage, Medal of Honor, Call of Juarez, Bullestorm, and many more.

I mean, some of those are older obviously, but my point is there are a lot of FPS series that are pushing to the limits and putting new spins on the trope where each year COD turns out another DLC expansion for $60. They don't take it to new heights, they just toss in tricks stolen from other series and do them worse than the original games.

I've gotten to the point where a 6-hour story that is decent but forgettable isn't worth the $60 they are asking when I can grab a game like Syndicate that I missed out on for $10 or less and have a better experience. COD needs to have their crown taken from them for a year or two so they worry and stir things up a bit. They are too comfortable.

• 3 weeks later...