Xbox One and and renting games

DanHTFC

So I'm in two minds at the moment when I get paid soon whether to get an X1 or not. I'm currently not in a great position to just go out and buy loads of games, but I was curious as to if anyone currently rents their games for their X1 and if it's worth it for the time being?

Cheers.

So I'm in two minds at the moment when I get paid soon whether to get an X1 or not. I'm currently not in a great position to just go out and buy loads of games, but I was curious as to if anyone currently rents their games for their X1 and if it's worth it for the time being?

Cheers.

I don't rent often, but I have in the past (both Battlefield 4 and NFS: Rivals were rented from Gamefly).

It's no different than older systems, even better than some on the 360 because so many games used online passes before EA killed that idea.

Should be fine if you want to go that route.

Cheers.

I don't know where you live, but if you have a Hastings in your area, they are one of the few places you can still rent video games from a local shop. Especially since you can't get XBO games from RedBox yet.

I get mine from the boomerang website. The only problem is if your only renting one games you get to the point where you've had them all pretty quick. I still get 360 games aswell so its not to bad for me

That's actually a pretty good point. There's not much out at the moment and you'll run out of games quick unless you're literally renting every single game available and playing the hell out of all of them.

Can't wait for later this year, some really good stuff coming out, and a lot of it (Transformers, the Lord of the Rings game, Sniper Elite, GTA 5, etc) I don't feel like dropping 60 bucks on. I'll personally be renting quite a bit starting later this year.

I rent most of my games, did for the 360 too. I tend to only purchase games that have a solid multiplayer that I will get a lot of time in with.

I wouldn't say you'd run out of rentals quickly either, although I suppose that depends entirely on how deep into each game you are willing to go. I've been renting ever since launch and there are still 5/6 games that I'm yet to touch.

I get mine from the boomerang website. The only problem is if your only renting one games you get to the point where you've had them all pretty quick. I still get 360 games aswell so its not to bad for me

Also get my games from Boomerang in the UK. Just waiting for some more stock of the new EA UFC Game. Sending back Spiderman tomorrow lol.