Release Date and Arcade NEXT?

Any news on a release date and if this is gonna be a true Arcade NEXT title with 400GS or an early release with 200?

It's up to the developer if they want to put in 200GS or 400GS. Maybe Sega feel that not all of their classic games qualify as Arcade Next titles. This one does though.

You didn't have to ask this question multiple times by the way.:)

Edited by Bulletman

• 2 weeks later...

Only way they're getting my money for this release is if Streets of Rage is the arcade version (Possible given that they've emulated the hardware already with the XBLA releases of the arcade versions of Golden Axe and Shinobi which ran on the same hardware).

Already have the Genesis trilogy on Sonic's Ultimate Genesis Collection on the 360 and I still haven't gotten all the achievements with the standalone XBLA release of Streets of Rage 2.

In otherwords, already got ways to play these Genesis games on this system. So there better be something new here since I'm not buying just to collect achievements and possibly get online multiplayer in SOR1 and 3.

Edit - I think the KLOV entry might be misleading for the game. Upon checking elsewhere, it appears the game is similar to what the arcade release of Streets of Rage 2 was... just the original Streets of Rage Genesis game running on Genesis hardware in arcades with a built in credits/timer system to convert it into a quarter muncher.

Saves me $10 at least unless I get the itch to collect these achievements someday (Or if there is a way to unlock the international versions of these games... Streets of Rage 3 especially is famous for being heavily altered for a North American release and supposedly is significantly better overseas).

Edited by Atariboy

Streets of Rage arcade? Awesome!!!

Reread my reply.

I hoped it would be the arcade version but discovered later on that there essentially was no arcade version after a misleading entry at the KLOV arcade database had misled me into thinking there was. Streets of Rage and Streets of Rage 2 in the arcade were the console games with a credits based system created that gave you a certain amount of time before requiring that you insert another quarter (Similar to the once common Nintendo PlayChoice cabinets with NES games).

Besides the original MegaDrive/Genesis versions of these games, the only other releases in this franchise has been an improved release of Streets of Rage on the Sega CD with Redbook audio tracks and and surprisingly decent versions of Streets of Rage and the sequel on the Master System and Game Gear platforms. And the Dreamcast was slated to get a 3D Streets of Rage 4, but mercifully that game was cancelled before it was ever released.

No arcade versions to release here.

Edited by Atariboy