PlaystationTrophies Got a news tip? tips@x360a.org
Username
Password

Go Back   XboxAchievements.com > Xbox 360 Retail Games > Action > Splinter Cell: Blacklist
Subscribe    Donate

Old 07-26-2013, 03:07 AM   #31
AceBD

Whiskey0TR's Gamercard
I think at first, Sam sounds a little odd. But, it's absolutely not a deal breaker. I'm super exited for this game, as I loved Conviction's gameplay.
Old 08-14-2013, 01:23 PM   #32
uk terminator 100

UK TERMINATOR's Gamercard
Not a deal breaker for me, don't really care about the voice it's about the story
uk terminator 100 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-14-2013, 04:22 PM   #33
DarkReign2021
Banned User

DarkReign2021's Gamercard

Awards Showcase 1,000 Posts
Total Awards: 1 (more» ...)
Well, we're now less than a week away from launch and I've had myself blacklisted (lol. get it?) from Splinter Cell content outside of the reveal trailer, one gameplay trailer, and one SvM trailer. I was aware of the new VO from the beginning and although it's still not a deal breaker, I just now watched the premiere Trailer on the Xbox dashboard and his voiceover that spans the entire video just makes it apparent how much I HATE the new voice... They seriously should've just given us a new character. Ironside could reprise his role of Fisher in a Director/Mentor kind of way and your character could've been the future of the Splinter Cell program. Such a missed opportunity...

Other than that, though, still looking forward to the game. As I said, it's no deal breaker. It's just going to bug the crap out of me. I'm just going to pretend we're playing as Sam Fisher's long-lost son, Sam Fisher Jr., who's simply grizzled, greyed, and didn't age gracefully.

Also, anybody else think Sam's head is too round on his new model? He always had a very squarish head and hairstyle. This Fisher looks more like the Default Shepard from Mass Effect.

Last edited by DarkReign2021; 08-14-2013 at 04:26 PM.
DarkReign2021 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-14-2013, 09:29 PM   #34
BiggD
On Hiatus

BiggDope's Gamercard

Awards Showcase Community Gaming - Bronze   Achievement Guide - Gold   Road Map - Gold   10,000 posts   Submit - Diamond   Micro Guide - Diamond   A+ Thread Award   CABS Beta Tester   Staff vs Subscribers 2014 Winner   Donator - Level 2   VGO Bronze Medal   VGO Silver Medal
Total Awards: 16 (more» ...)
Quote:
Originally Posted by DarkReign2021 View Post
Also, anybody else think Sam's head is too round on his new model? He always had a very squarish head and hairstyle. This Fisher looks more like the Default Shepard from Mass Effect.
His head is rather round. I don't like it.

Thanks to Xerofox for the stunningly sauve signature!
BiggD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-15-2013, 05:28 PM   #35
WipeoutBoy1

xenomorphs's Gamercard
It shouldn't but it has.
Old 08-17-2013, 09:41 PM   #36
Final Breed

Final Breed's Gamercard
Yes!

But I like most fans, aren't gonna let some VO change make me bypass this franchise i've been playing since the very start. Im sure Michael Ironside will be back eventually.

Im just gonna have to listen to MI's voice in the background while playing Blacklist, lol!
Old 08-18-2013, 09:54 PM   #37
xXmyxxmastaXx

xXmyxxmastaXx's Gamercard

its weird because Sam is 54 but sounds like a 23 year old, like he tripped into a Vat full of youth serum. this isnt Sam fisher, its sam fishburne
Old 08-18-2013, 11:31 PM   #38
Flesh-Dryer

mr godlike's Gamercard
It really sucks that it isn't the real Sam Fisher but so far the SP has been more than awesome (IMO) for someone who loves pure stealth and went straight into perfectionist mode and going for the least possible knockouts this playthrough. Also trying to do as many secondary objectives w/o getting caught either just to add more of a challenge for me personally.

True vets will like playing the SP. I've had a blast so far knowing i've gone through some really intense sections without even touching an enemy. Make sure to turn the ingame brightness down to it's proper levels for the best experience. Depending on the time of day I keep mine as low as 0 or as high as 2. Anything else makes it too easy.
Old 08-18-2013, 11:39 PM   #39
Shiftie

Awards Showcase 2,500 Posts   Road Map - Diamond   Green Thumb - Bronze   Micro Guide - Platinum   Submit - Silver   Achievement Guide - Emerald   Staff Club - Shiftie   Donator - Level 1
Total Awards: 8 (more» ...)
Here I was thinking this was supposed to be a younger Sam Fisher set in a more modern time.. but having the SAME Sam Fisher just sound younger is kind of stupid. I won't be buying the game out of the gate, but I will somewhere down the line. I don't want to make the same mistake I did by avoiding the DMC reboot, cause that game was amazing, and I already love the Splinter Cell series.

That being said, I do agree that going the route of introducing or focusing on a new operative would have been ideal. Just let Sam retire on a nice island in the Caribbean or something.

(^Literally the coolest part of SWTOR)
Shiftie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-21-2013, 06:53 AM   #40
shooterking69

mastershoter's Gamercard
I am disappointed the voice actor is different _ but I am still buying the game for sure.

Its sad but its that big of a deal.

"Golly, I Better Make Batman A Sandwich Before He Slaps Me Like The Bitch I Am." -Superman
shooterking69 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-21-2013, 04:19 PM   #41
Lonegunman718

Lonegunman718's Gamercard

Awards Showcase NBA Live 07 - 1000 People Online...Again
he looks a bit different and when he speaks it just sounds weird, i'd pay 1600MS points for a ironside voice pack.

another thing with ubisoft like wtf why do you need to change the character models so much, its like they change it just so they can say its new. they do this with assassins creed and it drives me nuts. so far i do love the game with those little complaints and hope we can get some single player or at least co op mission dlc in the future.
Old 08-21-2013, 05:57 PM   #42
DarkReign2021
Banned User

I'm enjoying the game so far (although this "no alarms" think on some of the 4E missions is ridiculous...) but I have to admit I'm pretty confused sometimes. There will be scenes where Sam is talking off-screen and I don't even realize it's him.

On top of that, the character models are definitely still bugging me. Briggs and Charlie are fine, but the recurring characters (Sam, Grim, and Vic) don't even look anything like they did in the last game. Kobin is the only one that seems to have stayed roughly the same. On a whole, though, I would say the quality and level of detail in the character models is a lot worse than Conviction. At least it's fun to play, even if it still doesn't give me that classic Splinter Cell feel of the original trilogy.

Old 08-21-2013, 07:05 PM   #43
BiggD
On Hiatus

BiggDope's Gamercard

Awards Showcase Community Gaming - Bronze   Achievement Guide - Gold   Road Map - Gold   10,000 posts   Submit - Diamond   Micro Guide - Diamond   A+ Thread Award   CABS Beta Tester   Staff vs Subscribers 2014 Winner   Donator - Level 2   VGO Bronze Medal   VGO Silver Medal
Quote:
I'm enjoying the game so far (although this "no alarms" think on some of the 4E missions is ridiculous...) but I have to admit I'm pretty confused sometimes. There will be scenes where Sam is talking off-screen and I don't even realize it's him.

On top of that, the character models are definitely still bugging me. Briggs and Charlie are fine, but the recurring characters (Sam, Grim, and Vic) don't even look anything like they did in the last game. Kobin is the only one that seems to have stayed roughly the same. On a whole, though, I would say the quality and level of detail in the character models is a lot worse than Conviction. At least it's fun to play, even if it still doesn't give me that classic Splinter Cell feel of the original trilogy.

Am I blind? Sam and Grimm look identical from Conviction to Blacklist. Victor is the one who's changed a lot though.

Old 08-22-2013, 03:33 AM   #44
DarkReign2021
Banned User

Sam's head is a lot more rounded, particularly in the structuring of his jaw. The browline is also more pronounced in Conviction Fisher. The bridge of the nose stayed the same, but Blacklist Fisher's nose is longer and slightly more narrow.

As for Grimmsdotir, she just looks way older. Her eyes are more gaunt, her mouth is wider, her neck is longer and thicker.

Vic I'm not even going to get started on. I didn't even realize it was the same person until I heard his name. He lost the "Cuban Uncle" look that I loved so much about him in conviction.
Old 08-22-2013, 06:53 AM   #45
DEG23
Wanderlusting

DEG23 x360a's Gamercard

Awards Showcase Staff Club - DEG23   Donator - Level 5   CABS Beta Tester   Staff - Moderator   Defeat in the Cross-Site (GSL 12 vs THL 5)   Staff Club - Rajeanero   GRID 2 Award   Staff Club - Grifter Reborn   Staff Club - TemporalWizard   Staff Club - Minty   Staff Club - Nozza x360a   Staff Club - Shinobi273
Total Awards: 23 (more» ...)
Not a fan of the new voice. Not saying the new actor is bad, in fact he's quite good but the problem is that the dialogue is very Sam'ish but the voice just doesn't match. It honestly feels like I'm playing a new, generic Splinter Cell agent who learned Splinter Cell slang from the original Fisher.

I like the new Grim. Grim in Conviction just didn't feel right, not sure why.
DEG23 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-22-2013, 08:47 AM   #46
Phoenix E3

BLACK PHOENIX3's Gamercard
Quote:
Originally Posted by JPEC83 View Post
For me, I have to pretty much say: YES!

He has such a distinctive voice and an older Sam Fisher just doesn't seem right with the new VO. It is just completely wrong and I would be more interested if they just started a new character.

It makes sense for Sam to retire, especially after the last two games.

I'll keep following it and I'll certainly give any demo that comes along a try, but so far I am really disappointed with the decision to change the VO.
dunno why they did it...dont even know if its cuz michael ironside didnt feel up to it again

i was saying they should've done like a special edition...or have a DLC add-on with michael ironside's voice
Phoenix E3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-22-2013, 12:44 PM   #47
DarkReign2021
Banned User

Quote:
Originally Posted by DEG23 View Post
Not a fan of the new voice. Not saying the new actor is bad, in fact he's quite good but the problem is that the dialogue is very Sam'ish but the voice just doesn't match. It honestly feels like I'm playing a new, generic Splinter Cell agent who learned Splinter Cell slang from the original Fisher.

It may just be my disliking of older-looking women and my extreme love of redheads, but I always had a thing for Conviction Grim. Understandably a lot of people didn't care for her. All things considered, she made a huge change from the previous games.

*Sigh* Anybody else still miss Lambert? I thought he was an amazing character and the perfect balance for Fisher's personality. Still can't believe they forced us to shoot him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Phoenix E3 View Post
dunno why they did it...dont even know if its cuz michael ironside didnt feel up to it again

i was saying they should've done like a special edition...or have a DLC add-on with michael ironside's voice
Ubisoft uses a hi-tech mocap system to do a lot of their animation and dialog. Making games these days as honestly more akin to making a movie these days actually. Since Ironside is so old and and not as physically capable as Fisher demands, he wouldn't have been able to perform the stunts they used in the game.

Honestly, though,I agree with you. I don't see why they HAVE to do the voicing and Mocap simultaneously. I still believe Ironside is and always will be the one true Fisher.
Old 08-22-2013, 04:12 PM   #48
BiggD
On Hiatus

BiggDope's Gamercard

Quote:
Originally Posted by DEG23 View Post
I didn't care for her in the past game either. She doesn't look too old in Blacklist, she actually looks really good.

Quote:
Honestly, though,I agree with you. I don't see why they HAVE to do the voicing and Mocap simultaneously. I still believe Ironside is and always will be the one true Fisher.
I agree. They were able to do with Cortana and Chief in Halo 4, and Elizabeth in BioShock Infinite....so it makes no sense why Ubisoft or Ironside didn't choose this route.

Old 08-22-2013, 07:15 PM   #49
Lonegunman718

Lonegunman718's Gamercard

Awards Showcase NBA Live 07 - 1000 People Online...Again
Quote:
Originally Posted by BiggD View Post
Am I blind? Sam and Grimm look identical from Conviction to Blacklist. Victor is the one who's changed a lot though.
you are blind lol jaw lines,mouth, spacing between eyes. the list goes on and on. im not saying the look bad or even the voice actor is bad. but when you have a fanbase and a character thats established you can change stuff like this 5 games deep lol.

still digging the game and hoping we get more and more co op content.
Old 08-22-2013, 07:32 PM   #50
BiggD
On Hiatus

BiggDope's Gamercard

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lonegunman718 View Post
you are blind lol jaw lines,mouth, spacing between eyes. the list goes on and on. im not saying the look bad or even the voice actor is bad. but when you have a fanbase and a character thats established you can change stuff like this 5 games deep lol.

still digging the game and hoping we get more and more co op content.
Yupp, I'm blind I like the way Grimm looks in Blacklist more than any other game though.

Same here! COOP DLC would be awesome in the future.

Old 08-22-2013, 08:42 PM   #51
DarkReign2021
Banned User

Fingers crossed we get more single play COOP stuff. I don't have anybody to co-op with, so it's easier if I can just tackle the levels on my own. A single-player story expansion would be really nice too. I'm still waiting for a game on Megiddo, (or The Illuminati or Free Masons or Patriots. Whatever omnipotent power that governs the world from behind the scenes you want to call them.)