Games With Good Soundtracks/Background Music

Lonz93

• Replies 124
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

eternal sonata eternal sonata eternal sonata eternal sonata eternal sonata eternal sonata eternal sonata eternal sonata eternal sonata eternal sonata eternal sonata eternal sonata eternal sonata eternal sonata eternal sonata eternal sonata eternal sonata eternal sonata eternal sonata eternal sonata eternal sonata eternal sonata eternal sonata eternal sonata eternal sonata eternal sonata eternal sonata eternal sonata eternal sonata eternal sonata eternal sonata eternal sonata eternal sonata eternal sonata eternal sonata eternal sonata eternal sonata eternal sonata eternal sonata eternal sonata eternal sonata eternal sonata eternal sonata eternal sonata eternal sonata

Halo has always had really well-composed soundtracks, other exceptional games have been Mass Effect, Fallout for the period-perfect music and BioShock to a lesser extent. They, like Fallout, went for period-specific music, but wasn't quite as immersive as either Fallout game.

Sooooo many great video game soundtracks, but here's a few that I love:

• Final Fantasy VIII
  • Sonic the Hedgehog *Majority of games in the series*
  • Lost Odyssey
  • Metroid Prime
  • Super Metroid
  • The Legend of Zelda: Ocarina of Time
  • Resident Evil: Director's Cut *NOT Dual Shock edition!!!*
  • Silent Hill 2
  • Assassin's Creed II+Brotherhood
  • Shadow of the Colossus

Just a few...

The only game I have EVER played where I wanted to download the music/background is Assassins Creed. I thought the music/backgroung in AC, ACII and AC Brotherhood was magnificent and to be honest I could just leave it on and have it as my "music" in the house lol.

I haven't played Revelations yet but I'm sure I'll love it too.

*edit* Finally got Revelations in the mail last night, only played about an hour but so far the music is great.

Edited by JAW LV

Splatterhouse has an amazing soundtrack which really compliments the action in the game.

The songs in Brütal Legend which are tied to certain parts of the story (i.e. not just randomly played on the Deuce's stereo) are also really good at emphasising the mood; 'Mr. Crowley' and 'Through The Fire And The Flames' particularly.