worst sonic

verybadloser

The problem is that this game was never really meant to stand on its own. Sonic 3 and Sonic and Knuckles were originally intended to be one longer game. If you play Sonic 3 and Knuckles, then you are playing the game as it was meant to be played. I agree that on its own this game isn't that great and pretty short but as the second half of Sonic 3 this game adds some great levels to the Sonic universe. As for glitches, I'm not sure which ones you're referring to, there are several glitches in the old Sonic games but hardly any that I'd call game-breaking.

On the final boss, after i knocked his fingers off, if i rolled to the end of the screen i would fall through solid ground (everytime), also after i hit him twice, he'd shoot his laser and if i jumped too far i would get stuck at the side (no floor but i wouldn't die and couldn't move). these happened everytime i fought the boss

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...

Am I the only one that enjoyed this to the fullest?

I've beaten the game with both characters many times on the original Sega Genesis version and I just zoomed through this.

I dunno, maybe it's because it was a childhood game, and those tend to make you look at them positively usually. But I honestly enjoyed working towards every achievement, but it's a million times more fun when played as Knuckles.

I'll agree with what creator said, being that it's really suppose to be a continuation of Sonic 3, not it's own standalone title (which leads to criticism on it length), so if you look at it from that perspective---

It makes, imo, Sonic 3 & Knuckles the best sonic game fron the classic series (arguable, I know).

Also, isn't the lock-on feature avaliable on for Xbox Live? Play it that way instead (if you own both games)

Besides the astrocious (possibly, worst in the series?) stage that is Sandopolis Act 2 (I feel sorry for anyone that plays that for the first time) the levels are pretty good and feature awesome tracks.

How can you not love Lava Reef's theme? :)

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wo_4R17gYSY]YouTube - Sonic & Knuckles Music: Lava Reef Zone Act 1[/ame]

• 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 11 months later...

i had this game in the good ol years together with sonic 3 so I've always seen it at once. Together it might be my favorite sonic game of all time, but like many people already said, it wasn't ment to be 2 games but they had to rush it a bit :3 Rushing is never good, just look to sonic 06 ;D