Event List for Sybarite

I just sent a tweet to Rod Ferguson, Black Tusk Studios, Gears of War and Jack Felling who works at Black Tusk Studios regarding the issue and they still haven't yet responded on any corrective actions to ensure people get credit for the events.

I am going to tweet them every few days until the issue is fixed since the number is growing by the day.

If you have a Twitter account, here are the handles that the tweet should go to regarding the issue:

Rod Ferguson: @GearsViking

Gears of War: @GearsofWar

Black Tusk Studios: @BlackTuskStudio

Jack Felling: @btJackFelling

Anyone I have missed that is involved in Gears of War, let me know. So far, these are the people responsible for Gears of War Judgement and having the special event ribbons fixed.

If they update it, I hope I get up to 8/30, but I highly doubt it. If they fix it, I would be up to 7/30 events.

They are too busy supporting Gears 3. They gave that game a full Xmas event but won't even update the ribbon in GOW:J.

In all honesty, I don't think they give two hoots about Judgment. And If this is indeed the case they should just unlock all ribbons for everyone (like Epic did with GOW3 in the end.)

• Replies 990
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Hadn't played this game in months, a friend reminded me about the achievement so I hopped on only to play a full match with all bots and not get a ribbon at the end. :( SO they've completely stopped with the events then? Why don't they make the achievement auto pop like they did with Gears 3. :/

If you read the last few posts, people have been reporting that they were not getting credit for their special events for the last two events. Possibly even longer depending on the case which I know one friend who hasn't been able to unlock special event ribbons for two months.

At no point did they mention they would stop special events considering it was changed twice last month. It is simply not providing credit for the special event towards the Syrabite achievement.

They did say they are looking into the issue and be fixing it this month. Remember that it is still holidays for some workplaces, so I would assume they will work on the issue next week.

What a load of shit...I have only got 13 ribbons in 14 months. The events have all but stopped and when u message them they don't reply....now and again they release a statement saying they are working on it. What a load of bull shit, it's obvious they couldn't give a flying fuck about the events, ribbons or there customers

I played it today as well and nothing. I agree that they should just give everyone 29 ribbons and unlock it playing 1 match just like they did with Gears 3. Stupid that they will support an older game with Gearsmas or whatever it was called but no support for the latest iteration.

Special event (and ribbon!) has been updated as of today (22/1/15)

Event is boom snipes and I can confirm a new ribbon popped for me at the end of the game!

Many thanks to Falloutt at BTS for getting this sorted!

Edited by xSonoshee

Any information on how often it will be updated? Once a week or everyday we can get a new ribbon?

I imagine they are still aiming for one ribbon per month.

I have been asking them whether they'd consider just unlocking the ribbons/achievement for everyone (like Epic did with Gears 3), but I've never received a response regarding it :(

Not to be picky here but the original deal was one per week.

You're preaching to the choir :)

This is why I'm pestering BT to unlock 29/30 ribbons in one go (like Gears 3 - and as I stated above), because I doubt we'll see it revert back to once weekly anymore.

I have played a tleast one match a day and still only have the initial ribbon that I received on Thursday.

When you play the special event and complete the match, you only get credit for it JUST ONCE. You can't just complete a match, unlock the special event ribbon, then come back and complete a match tomorrow and expect another special event ribbon again for the same event.

You have to wait until the next event change which won't be until around the end of February. Could be earlier. It is hard to predict.

You have to wait until the next event change which won't be until around the end of February. Could be earlier. It is hard to predict.

BINGO! I would not have a problem IF that is how it worked.

We have a bunch of players who constantly ask for a new event and rightly so. Who wants to play the same old thing time after time. By this I mean, a different game type. KOTH, FFL Execution type games have been offered. All with a mix of weapons like Boomshots, One Shots, Sniper Rifles, slingshots, sharpened sticks or what not.

BT Has changed the EVENT. Several times in fact.

The problem is, when you play this NEW EVENT you don't get a NEW RIBBON.

I don't care what I play, I just need 30 of these ribbons to finish the game. After that, you wont see me playing online with my second account till the next gears game comes out for X-Box 1.

Edited by Bushee Brow

Well said mate, this cheevo is a fuckin joke......they must b aware that a large number of people want a regular ribbon to get this achievement. I have sent no end of emails and tweets over the last 6 months and have never had a reply.....

Total horse shit the lot of it fella

I've just got my first Special Event ribbon for playing Boom Snipes! Seems like they've fixed it or at least I hope! Hopefully I'll get the rest as well!

If it is your first one, likely you will not get another one for some time. Getting one ribbon, the first, is not a problem. Stringing a series of ribbons to reach 30 total is looking to be almost impossible.