Master of the Nightmare Achievement

acmassonsr

This is my last Achievement to get. Can anyone tell me if you die can you just replay the ACT that you died in and still get the Achievement "Master of the Nightmare" at the end of the Game, or can you load a previous saved game from a backup and coutinue on from there. Also what about using a controller that is not wireless and just before you see "Your Are Dead" on the screen exit the game and go back in and coutinue. Would that work instead of Powering off your Xbox. Thanks

This is my last Achievement to get. Can anyone tell me if you die can you just replay the ACT that you died in and still get the Achievement "Master of the Nightmare" at the end of the Game, or can you load a previous saved game from a backup and coutinue on from there.

As far as I know, no one has tested this. Feel free to try it and report back, because it would be great to know if you can simply replay an act if you've died.

Also what about using a controller that is not wireless and just before you see "Your Are Dead" on the screen exit the game and go back in and coutinue. Would that work instead of Powering off your Xbox. Thanks

Most people use wireless controllers now, so its quicker for them to just power down, but quitting to the dashboard with a wired controller will also work. Just make sure you're fast enough and do it before "YOU ARE DEAD" appears on screen.

• 4 weeks later...

I also haven't got this achievement yet but as I understand it based on the description of the achievement it has to be a continual play so I don't think that replaying acts which you died in would count. The only way that definitely works is turning off the xbox before it tells you you are dead although exiting to dashboard might also work. We really need the people who have already got this achievement to clear this up for us.

• 3 months later...

Dashboarding works just fine. I just held a controller in my left hand. The game automatically pauses once you hit the xbox button on the controller.. so as long as you hit the button before the "you are dead" screen; you'll be fine. Only died 5 times on nightmare anyway.. so it wasn't that bad.

• 1 year later...

Can anyone clarify the dashboard before "you are dead" screen? As as long as you dashboard before you see the actual words YOU ARE DEAD are you in the clear? Or do you have to dashboard before the screen switches, basically when you're still on the ground dead, bleeding?

Thanks.

Can anyone clarify the dashboard before "you are dead" screen? As as long as you dashboard before you see the actual words YOU ARE DEAD are you in the clear? Or do you have to dashboard before the screen switches, basically when you're still on the ground dead, bleeding?

Thanks.

Dashboarding works just fine. I just held a controller in my left hand. The game automatically pauses once you hit the xbox button on the controller.. so as long as you hit the button before the "you are dead" screen; you'll be fine. Only died 5 times on nightmare anyway.. so it wasn't that bad.

Someone did, just a few posts up lol.

Someone did, just a few posts up lol.

I understand what he wrote but I'm wondering if once the screen goes black (as in away from the actual game-play screen), would it be too late.

Not a big deal. I'll beat Torture tonight and report back with what happens achievement wise.