Last concert you went to?

ReinSTONED

That's a bummer. I live in the south also, but at least my city gets decent shows every now and again.

As for the topic at hand, I haven't been to a show in nearly two years. Way too much stuff going on to be able to afford one at the moment, not mention I don't like a whole lot of bands enough to want to pay and see them. The only bands/artists I will probably go to if they ever come to my area is Dropkick Murphys, Jack Johnson, Mumford & Sons, and Dave Matthews Band.

I was driving through Kentucky the other day and where we were we had five radio stations and three were country. I don't mind country music but I thought we'd never get far enough away from there.

• Replies 279
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I was driving through Kentucky the other day and where we were we had five radio stations and three were country. I don't mind country music but I thought we'd never get far enough away from there.

Yeah, man. It's the same in my area. Every other station plays country. Hell, even the pop stations play it sometimes. I dislike 99% of country music and it's artists, so it sucks being here as it's nearly impossible to get away from it.

The only area in Tennessee I've been to where the radio isn't dominated by the country genre is Memphis, and down there it's all rap stations.

Yeah, man. It's the same in my area. Every other station plays country. Hell, even the pop stations play it sometimes. I dislike 99% of country music and it's artists, so it sucks being here as it's nearly impossible to get away from it.

The only area in Tennessee I've been to where the radio isn't dominated by the country genre is Memphis, and down there it's all rap stations.

Sounds like where I live. I have like 1 or 2 rock stations in my area but only one of them is even worth staying on.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

Last Friday I went to a concert at a local feed store (basically a freeking barn lol) that had closed and some people now play gigs at it. I saw Viridian, Missing Nevaeh, Amoretta, and Erra. All local bands except for Erra who is also signed and touring. It was a pretty fun night to say the least.

Also, here's a song from Erra's first album:

[ame=

]
[/ame]

Terror in Wrexham North Wales.... story to go with this

As its my old home town i decided to go to this tour date as there one of my favourite bands plus i could catch up with some people i haven't seen in a while. Reading reviews of the UK dates they were all nearly sold out and getting rave reviews. I turned down the Nottingham gig where im living now to go back so i took a day off work and travelled 100 miles back to my home town.

Got to the venue which holds about 300 to find it pretty much empty. Then when Brutality Will Prevail came on it filled up mainly with 15 -16 year old scene kids who then fucked off after they played. Terror came on to about 20 people and you could see straight away they couldn't be arsed. Cue half hour set, no mosh pit, stage diving. Was absolutley gutted and left £100 poorer for my efforts

Lesson of the day don't got to metal / hardcore gigs in shitty backwater towns when you live in city you know there will be a good show. :mad: