Official Bitching Thread

BLOMBOMB

This game was such an unpolished but worthy catastrophe. My wife and I did the entire game co op from two consoles. We bagged every achievement and experienced more glitches during our 50+ hour experience than the last 5 games we played combined. I loved/hated every minute of it. There were so many boring and cliche genre tropes I couldn't help but roll my eyes. But it was entertaining. Somehow despite all of its flaws it was fun. The weapons that would magically disappear, the random grabs from zombies every five feet, the horrible graphical flaws and texture pop in, the imbalance of money earned vs. money lost, the poorly implemented combat, irritating repair system, tired fetch quests. So many annoyances the pressure behind my eyes is giving me a migraine. The flaws were apparent from the start. The opening cinematic has some of the worst screen tearing on the Xbox. What a great opening presentation. And I feel with just a little more effort it could have been stellar.

• 2 weeks later...
  • Replies 198
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

My only actual bitch, is the "auto-save" feature. It's 2012! Give me the option to manually save, even if just at fast travel points. I wandered around for 20min, waiting for it to save for me.

It's got it's issues for sure. Far from perfect. But honestly, I'm having a frustrating (in a good way) blast playing this. Didn't think I would. Granted, I paid $30 for it, and am playing it post patch/update. The joy of kicking a walker into the pool, and watching it drown... priceless. Makes me feel like a negligent mother.

• 1 month later...
  • 5 months later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 3 weeks later...

Ok b2t:

I've played this game way more than you (almost at 200h) and sure i got killed by some "funny" kids but only around 5 times, but they all offed their help if i needed stuff or anything.

They just did it to show off, like kids do...

Dead Island was and still is one of the best online games/experience you can get.

If i compare this to my CoD Black Ops Multipayer times, and what i've been through there with those lil 12 yeard old american kiddies, believe me you will love Dead Island after that.

• 1 month later...

Game is now unplayablw with friends online,it wont let you join friends games or even party up,fuck this and fuck them if they think I'm buying anything else they ever make,dont try and e-mail support either as the address they give you doesnt work.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

Ok. I have only played this game since patch 1.3.0 and have to say a lot of what people are complaining about what seems to be aspects put in place for a reason. I will not comment on online as other people have been a plague on MP since before consoles were online so I never play it. Also I am not saying the game is bug free but there seem to be complaints about legitimate elements

Enemies level up with you.

Have to say, I was concerned at first but found this game much more challenging than Borderlands and enjoyed it for that exact reason. If you are really struggling then you need to think more about how you play it.

Hordes or high respawn rate

Firstly, the infected infnate respawn is in your head. There can be as much as 8 infected spawn at a time in the city but they do stop. aim for the neck and lop the heads of them, it's fun and super effective.

As per the rest, it is supposed to be a challenge. It is supposed to be an appocolpyse. I don't see anyone complaining that they cannot get rid of the zombies outside the prison in the walking dead tv series.

Think about the mods you get. The deo grenade should be your best friend, just buy loads of deo and duck tape when you get chance and craft as soon as possible. If you get in a pinch, let one off, if they take you down you want to take a few with you.

Weapons not levelling in PT2

You may also notice that the enemies as below your level too. I finished PT1 on lvl40 and I am now on level 46 and still using the same weapons I finished PT1 with, none are above lvl 38.

High learning curve in the City

You do not need to kill everything. Find other ways around it. Because the enemies level with you, it does not matter if you do not kill anything between quests. Run, climb up buildings, use the scenery to put you out of their reach. Get a car. You have no idea how easy it is to kill a Ram when driving a car. Once can be found in the water plant. Bottom line, you cannot kill the infection single handed so don't try to.

Bad route layout to waypoint

While the route system is bugged and does not always show up, when it does show up it takes you around the houses as it acts just like tomtom or sat nav. It is not designed for walking but driving. It guides you through the best route for any method of transit so may not always suitable for walking/running. Get your "free runnning" on and find shortcuts.

Bottom line, stop trying to kill everything, plan your own route and use your OWN abilities. This game is challenging not bugged. This is not a run and gun game. It is about survival not genocide.

Personally I am thoroughly enjoying this game because of the above gameplay elements, if you can't play it, stop complaining and think about it or stop playing.

Edited by FullClip Killer

Why do people always kick me from their games? If you don't want to play with other people then select SinglePlayer in your Online Options, retards.

My main problem is people come on and do their own thing, often sitting there is pause or charging in without thinking.

I had one kid storm into A wing in the prison to take a Ram head on while I was trying to off him with Deo bombs, instead the idiot let him into the hallway and he took me out. Don't come to a guys house and crap on his carpet and he won't kick you out on your rear.

Also, not worth shutting the game to go single player and restarting it after a team up session.

• 7 months later...
  • 1 month later...

Hey xbox comunity. Need some help and think this therd is the best place to ask.

I've just started playing DeadIsland after downloading when it was free. And i'm having a major techinal problem. The camera will only turn at 90 degrees unless i press the stick very very gingerly.

Now i've already done some trouble shooting my self and i know its not the control pad as the game runs fine on my girlfriends profile. I've set my profile default sensativity to low. I've deleted the game (including patchs and re-download) even gone as far as to delete my profile and redownload it.

Has anyone heard of this issue or experied it yourselfs? I would really like to get into this game but with camera controls like this its unplayable

• 3 months later...

The reason this game in my opinion is because of the glitches and lack of ammo for guns. I know what someone out there is going to say "Well they made ammo scarce to add to the experience" and I don't care it still sucks this way. I need ammo for my guns because I picked the one character who specializes in guns. :uzi:

The reason this game in my opinion is because of the glitches and lack of ammo for guns. I know what someone out there is going to say "Well they made ammo scarce to add to the experience" and I don't care it still sucks this way. I need ammo for my guns because I picked the one character who specializes in guns. :uzi:

To be honest, apart from the few half dozen levels, specialities only really affect rage mode. It is not like borderlands where you get massive boosts for a specific discipline.

Also, think about it. You start off in a holiday resort, not much need for arms in an idyllic tropical hotel complex. Ammo and guns are more frequent in later parts of the game where it feels more relevant but you should be competent at melee by that point and only need guns against certain enemies.

I generally find a pistol around level 6 but never get/need to use it.

The glitches still present in this game can be frustrating, especially in co-op but a restart generally resolves them. Only useful if you have just passed one of its unpredictable checkpoints.

• 2 months later...

If anyone is still playing this I have gotten myself in a pickle, and I really REALLY don't want to have to restart my whole game, so I could use some help.

Long story short: I talked to Jin about going to the jungle and she told me to follow her. I wanted to do a different quest ran away. Failed Jin quest and it made me start from last checkpoint. Last checkpoint half-way across the map. Keeps endlessly looping me the failed quest and I can't get any farther in the game.

I looked online and the only way to possibly fix this is to join a co-op with someone on the same quest who is near the car. Can anyone help?

If anyone is still playing this I have gotten myself in a pickle, and I really REALLY don't want to have to restart my whole game, so I could use some help.

Long story short: I talked to Jin about going to the jungle and she told me to follow her. I wanted to do a different quest ran away. Failed Jin quest and it made me start from last checkpoint. Last checkpoint half-way across the map. Keeps endlessly looping me the failed quest and I can't get any farther in the game.

I looked online and the only way to possibly fix this is to join a co-op with someone on the same quest who is near the car. Can anyone help?

Specifically is it the mission where you have to go to the bunker in the resort where you set off from the lifeguard station?