xp boosting with Reconnaissance Ribbon

DeadMac

• Replies 880
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

wow, it seems more effective.

dumb quesion...how to login the third player with one console

I am doing it by hand right now just in case they patch it before my hori comes. With 2 players picking up at the same time I am getting 75 ribbons per minute, that's 9375 points from ribbons, does that translate to 9375 xp? I haven't stopped yet as it is a little tricky to get the 2 guys picking up the weapons without fighting each other. But usually 2-3 trys and you will have them working together.

I might go pick up a datel even though I shelled out big time for that hori. I can't wait that long, my thumb is getting sore!

Edit:

I went from 44 - 50 and 185,000 XP in about 45 minutes of work, but i kept stopping, if you did it constant I'm sure you can get higher.

i tried the two console method, i couldnt figure a way to make it so that i could spot both weapons at once without the wrong person picking up the wrong weapon, making it back to one weapon.. anyone got an idea that it can be done like that? i dont seem to get it right lol

Make sure the guys that die have different weapons than the guys picking things up. I also made sure the second set of guys pulled out shotguns. You can also go buy a longshot or something. You just don't want them to cycle through and both have the same weapon. I.e. If a lancer is on the ground you don't want either guy having a lancer in hand or to have the same weapon.

It does work, I wish I had a way to make a video to show you guys.

P.S. I dont want it patched so I can use both consoles for half the time boosting.

Make sure the guys that die have different weapons than the guys picking things up. I also made sure the second set of guys pulled out shotguns. You can also go buy a longshot or something. You just don't want them to cycle through and both have the same weapon. I.e. If a lancer is on the ground you don't want either guy having a lancer in hand or to have the same weapon.

It does work, I wish I had a way to make a video to show you guys.

P.S. I dont want it patched so I can use both consoles for half the time boosting.

As long as you had one guy with a lancer another with a retro and another with a hammerburst you should be alright.

I wish I had a 2nd xbox to use to do this would make this so much quicker

I just set it up again to confirm how I do it. You need 4 different weapons. The idea is to make it where the 2 guys swapping weapons never have a situation where he has the same weapon he is trying to pick up.

Player 1 - dies: lancer, sawed off, leave out lancer while you die

Player 2 - kills player 1: retro, gnasher, switch to gnasher and the push X

Player 3 - dies: hammer burst, gnasher, leave out hammer burst while you die

Player 4 - kills player 3: go buy a longshot, boomshot, etc, sawed off, leave out longshot while you press X

You can do it with all starting weapons, but this seemed easiest to set up.

Put player 1 in a corner, place player 3 right next to him. I shot a short video with my phone of the process working, I'll post if if there is any doubt...need to make youtube account.

BTW, you can fail the wave, I did it on insane and failed first try and the next time I completed it and got my ribbons.

Hope this helps.

Edited by skyodyssey

put him in a corner where the camera can't go right?

I have no idea; the RS stick seems to be very sensitive and make the ghost camera sometimes looking upward or other directions. I just have no way to fix the viewing angle. Please help!

Maybe not twice as fast, but I can do 75-76 spots per minute using my thumb (no turbo controller yet). With only 1 guy I only get 39-40 per minute. So VERY close to twice as fast.

PLayer 4 keeps sawed ff and switched his rife for the longshot. As mentioned before you can get it going with starting weapons, this just made it much easier.

The guys literally stand side by side holding hands.

Let me try to upload that video. Will edit post when done.

Sorry, don't know how to embed, but here is my crappy video showing twice as fast:

[ame=

]
[/ame] Edited by skyodyssey

I have a few questions.

1. Does difficulty matter ?

2. Will 3 xbox's make this method much quicker or useless ?

3. Is there a max amount of these ribbons?

1. No.

2. Doubt it. So far, it has only been tested with 2 Xboxes.

3. Not known so far. Someone has earned over 10,000, so the limit may be 99,999 or it could be infinite.

The spotter range is large enough I wouldn't doubt 3 boxes could work, and as you can see there is a window of opportunity for a 3rd spot. It might be tricky though as the weapons might shift to where only 2 of the guys can get them at any one time. I don't want to buy a 3rd copy to find out though:) I have another box to try with. If you use 3, then you have to buy back in once so you have 3 weapons on the floor with 3 people alive.

Firstly, can this be done with this controller??

Mad Catz Xbox 360 Street Fighter IV FightPad - Ken (Xbox 360): Amazon.co.uk: PC & Video Games

Secondly, which HORI Pad are you guys using?

No, the madcatz pad doesn't come with L3 function.

The hori model is EX2 turbo pad, but many ppl said the right stick may "auto pilot" by itself. Sone ppl said the newest batch production solved this problem.

Well that sucks, I bought the hori since I was told the datel wouldn't work. Oh well.

yeah me to 14.99 to 50 i am crying think i may get a datel one you never know we may need 2 on next dlc lol

Edited by DeadMac