xp boosting with Reconnaissance Ribbon

DeadMac

xp boost with reconnaissance ribbon by DeadMac aka MacMason2k7

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JokVbxkirKo]gears of war 3 xp rank up boost with Reconnaissance Ribbon - YouTube[/ame]

1.Offline 2 pads ( works best offline local lobby) under your name your see not signed in that will be player 2 when you start no need to log in or make a account if you do not want one (press back button select local party to stop xbox live kicking you if it goes down or if you lose connection if you have 2 live accounts running) also works ONLINE in public or private

2.horde ( game type )

3.normal ( its 125 a ribbon ) you work the rank up from

4.mutator FRIENDLY FIRE then any other mutators that adds xp but i am not sure if it really helps ( this can be done without a mutator on Bullet Marsh map by standing player 1 in the Kryll zone and shooting the generator will kill your player but on any other map hardcore or insane is needed, buy the ink nade and ink yourself in the corner not by player 2 and nades dont work weapons go missing sometimes

5.different starting weapons for players P1 lancer / P2 hammer or retro ( buy a pistol $200 or frag nade $500 you pick them up faster perfect for using 1 xbox thanks vsully for tip )

6.map checkout any map will do but checkout seems best

7.player 2 give player 1 his $1000

8.player 1 goes to a corner

9.player 2 kills player 1 ( if you dont have mutator read number 4 again )

10.player 1 hits x to be in ghost cam ( best to use a turbo pad or thumbs hurt lol )

11.player 2 hold down x to pick up weapon remove pad connection for auto pickup

12.player one spots weapon 3 times but its fast with left thumbstick to get the ribbon

13. when ready to collect points player 1 BUYS BACK IN and camp player 2 if your doing this alone

14.YOU MUST FINISH THE WAVE 1 when 30 secs for wave 2 start you can exit to main menu and your see points bar move ( if you die restart from same wave and finish you should still get the points )

ON 9 HOURS 15 mins

A GRUB WILL SPAWN AND KILL YOUR PLAYERS RESTART WAVE AND FINISH TO COLLECT POINTS

if you go back to menu and start a new horde ribbons do not show

but you will still get the points

4 player / 2 console setup (video is perfect timing for setup to max the ribbon count)

You need different starting weapons. The idea is to make it where the guys swapping weapons never have a situation where they have the same weapon he is trying to pick up. give money to player 1 and P2 if you want from other players ( just incase you fail wave it happens if on insanes so you can buy back in )

Player 1 - lancer, sawed off ( P1 leave out lancer while you die) press X for ghost cam

Player 2 - retro, gnasher, switch to retro and after setting up player 4 hold push X unplug pad

Player 3 - hammer burst, gnasher, leave out hammer burst and after setting up player 4 hold x unplug pad

Player 4 - lancer, sawed off, select lancer and go buy a longshot if on checkout then goto corner and pickup lance swap for longshot then hold x and unplug pad other maps buy boomshot, etc, NOT sawed off then goto corner with the rest and try to get the timing so the pasting the weapon along the line sometimes it does pause but also speeds up hold x unplug pad

Posted by JTL http://www.xbox360achievements.org/forum/images/X360A/buttons/viewpost.gif 3 players picking up ( you notice faster ribbon count if you have timing right )

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=l62Dh_yTru0]XP boosting with Reconnaissance Ribbon w/ 2 consoles - YouTube[/ame]

turbo pads we know that work are (click to enlarge )

http://img243.imagevenue.com/loc52/th_439387860_Untitled_1_122_52lo.jpg

thanks evokazz for info

HORI EX2 - Turbo can be set to L3 Stick. Controller is wired.

Wildfire 2 RED WIRELESS and full BLACK WIRED also black with silver inlay wireless work but the Red wired & black and silverwired versions DO NOT WORK Turbo can be set to L3 Stick with pad buttons, also it can be remapped to A,B,X or Y (requires a PC and Datel software). Have tested the Red Wireless Version, there are many varieties of this controller about, NOTE not all of them work. If using wireless, stock up on batteries, no charge system but usb wire works but is really short.

The Red wired & black with silver inlay WIRED versions DO NOT WORK

TurboFire Evo You can remap the buttons and put turbo on everything, change the LS to RT and attach something around the controller to hold down RT with Turbo on it or hold down a button

Viking360 M - Turbo can be set to L3 Stick or L3 can be remapped to one of the 6 Tactical buttons. Is a wireless controller (Official Modded) and comes with Official Play & Charge Kit so also wired.

Original Xbox 360 "DUKE" controller has rapid fire

Here is a detailed videos by GOWCompetitions

[Part 1]

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lWey3uZ9qxg]Gears of war 3 Reconnaissance ribbon boosting details, level 400 in 9 days or less [Part 1] - YouTube[/ame]

[Part 2]

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Bin8FUzgGbA]Gears of war 3 Reconnaissance ribbon boosting details, level 400 in 9 days or less [Part 2] - YouTube[/ame]

below is how i set up my datel red wireless wildfire 2 but each pad has its own way research with google or read the past post please

i got Xbox 360 Wildfire 2 Wireless Controller turbo pad ( any other pad work let me know ill add them here )

to setup i had to hold button 2 down then press left thumbstick then let go of button 2 and test and it work but was slow

so then i had to hold down button 2 again and pushed up on right thumbstick to speed up lights on left hand flash faster then let go of button 2

then when ready you need something heavy on top of the stick flat and look at the screen and make sure your ghost cam is not moving

pic below is how i have it running

http://api.photoshop.com/v1.0/accounts/3c97cf05d5a5475980fb73f422703986/assets/54cbc82604a54056aa8e416a321c06e0/renditions/1024.jpg?md=1328034602000

red wireless Wildfire 2

Here is the link to the Customizer Software:

http://us.codejunkies.com/support/article.aspx?article_id=429

feature button 1:

button remapping (edit settings)

left analog button switched to b

b switched to left analog button

feature button 2:

Turbo Fire on/off (its the first option)

assign settings -done (IMPORTANT! with this it "writes" it into the controller memory, if you didnt click on "assign settings" nothing changed!)

now in the game you hold feature button 2 and press the button you want to turbo fire.

thanks to afr0milbe for the basic guide

i had to download the software twice, it has to be a controller icon to work, and you need administrator rights to run it (right click on the file and then the secon option "Run as Administrator!)

Edit: the controller comes with a really short USB - Mini USB cable. with this you can connect it to PC and Xbox (no need for batteries). thanks to AdHominem and others for the button change info

other people's setups

theDonJose

5 minutes to reprogram the buttons. (I mapped the L-Stick to the Y button I've been using a c-clamp to hold the button down. Seems to work pretty good for me.

http://files.graphicsbybrad.com/xbl/c-clamp.jpg

ub1992

The controller tends to go into a sleep mode using batteries... The usb method keeps it awake doing the dirty business of boosting overnight. what I used was toothpicks to keep the stick pressed... Worked like a charm

http://farm8.staticflickr.com/7192/6941542549_2b561b8bd3.jpg

thanks 299 for picture below

http://i41.tinypic.com/11mdi8j.jpg

Edited by DeadMac
i added fast ranking so people may find it better on search

• Replies 880
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

This looks awesome. Only thing that blows is that it would take about 30+ hours to go from 1 to 100 using this exploit. Not bad for those with turbo controllers, but crappy for those of use who don't.

Still, good find and thanks for sharing! I'll probably do at least a few hours of it tomorrow.

This looks awesome. Only thing that blows is that it would take about 30+ hours to go from 1 to 100 using this exploit.

It seems a lot easier than 2.2 boosting though, so it's definitely what I'll be doing now, in place of that. Don't think I have the patience to try 3.1 Reaver boosting. If I messed it up, I'd rage quit life.

You Only Need 1 Turbo Controller, the 2nd Player just find some tape and tape (x) Then after 10 Minutes the 2nd controller will turn off But Holding (x) will still be (ON) I went From 40 to 58 in 2 Hours or so :) I think Epic may patch this By Starting the Horde in 30 Sec. No matter what, so Enjoy and do it ASAP!!! This is not a Glitch so Don't worry about resetting Rank... Again Thank you to the Founder...

I think Epic may patch this By Starting the Horde in 30 Sec. No matter what, so Enjoy and do it ASAP!!!

I don't see that happening. If they haven't "fixed" being able to boost 2.2, I doubt they'll see this as an issue.

Thank you for this! I hate the 3-1 method so much. This is great for idling. Do you recommend clearing the cache?

Shouldn't make a difference. Isn't the XP purely based off of the Ribbon? Unless they nerfed that too, which wouldn't really surprise me :(

This looks awesome. Only thing that blows is that it would take about 30+ hours to go from 1 to 100 using this exploit. Not bad for those with turbo controllers, but crappy for those of use who don't.

Still, good find and thanks for sharing! I'll probably do at least a few hours of it tomorrow.

What a great find!!! 30+ hours is nothing if you DON'T need to do anything at all. In addition, you don't have any risk of grey out plus I presume the upper bound of getting these ribbons is far more higher than Onyx medals (which some said is 285 medals, i think).:woop::woop::woop:

Edited by JTL

You Only Need 1 Turbo Controller, the 2nd Player just find some tape and tape (x) Then after 10 Minutes the 2nd controller will turn off But Holding (x) will still be (ON) I went From 40 to 58 in 2 Hours or so :) I think Epic may patch this By Starting the Horde in 30 Sec. No matter what, so Enjoy and do it ASAP!!! This is not a Glitch so Don't worry about resetting Rank... Again Thank you to the Founder...

From what you're saying, 2nd controller should be a wireless one, right?

What a great find!!! 30+ hours is nothing if you DON'T need to do anything at all. In addition, you don't have any risk of grey out plus I presume the upper bound of getting these ribbons is far more higher than Onyx medals (which some said is 285 medals, i think).:woop::woop::woop:

I'd assume so. I have nearly 4000 buttoned up ribbons.

But, it's not doing nothing at all when you need to sit there the entire time! I don't own a turbo controller which means I can't just let it run overnight for a few nights.

I agree 30 hours is a lot quicker than leveling legit, but that doesn't change the fact that I have to sit there for that long. I'll still do it anyways, of course, haha.

If you remove the battery pack from player 2's controller while holding X, it won't pause the game and you will continue picking up weapons. That way you don't have to wait for it to turn off or tape it down.

Anyway, I got my turbo controller and other controller running spots and X button, so I am off to bed for 8 hours of Recon ribbons! Been watching it for a few minutes to make sure the weapon won't fall in a poor spot and it seems pretty foolproof. I am going to enjoy my ~800k of XP in the morning (assuming I didn't need to clear my cache).