Preparing for Pistons

not too crazy, I'm about to glitch an entire chest of slimeballs just knowing the update is coming soon. if anyone wants to create a video showing how to solo dupe post previous update(no extra controllers/guest) feel free to message me and I will help out. Just give me credit. GT: zslux

its not that crazy but i wouldnt try set up anything too complicated like that , piston circuits can be annoying at times and you could end up needing to rewire everything

Yeah some of them can be glitches or sensitive about how they are connected.

Sometimes wires hooked up exactly the same way but placed in a different order will conduct differently. :/

I'm not setting anything up yet. I'll probably just make a new world. I find the updates a good way to work on new ideas. :)

I am NOT digging a 60X60X3 hole near the bottom of the earth again. that's over 18,000 blocks cleared out for my slime farm. >.<

The problem is that eventually they are going to update it where new in-game items are added such as melons; which means since I've explored my entire map they won't spawn in this world.

I thought that the update was so radicaly different from the current version that all our worlds will be unable to transfer?

Maybe I've just heard a rumour and taken it to heart....

but yeah I'm setting up various things at the moment that work without pistons (doors, secret passages etc) but would be amazing with pistons linked to pressure plates and switches. it's gonna be awesome!!

I am NOT digging a 60X60X3 hole near the bottom of the earth again. that's over 18,000 blocks cleared out for my slime farm. >.<

The problem is that eventually they are going to update it where new in-game items are added such as melons; which means since I've explored my entire map they won't spawn in this world.

LOL I can understand that. I haven't done slime farming as yet.

I thought that the update was so radicaly different from the current version that all our worlds will be unable to transfer?

Maybe I've just heard a rumour and taken it to heart....

but yeah I'm setting up various things at the moment that work without pistons (doors, secret passages etc) but would be amazing with pistons linked to pressure plates and switches. it's gonna be awesome!!

wrong update, its the one after the pistons that will require a new world

not crazy at all. im saving my eggs for chicken farm, ive already made a wheat farm for animal breeding and i will make that automatic when pistons release, ive made an enchantment room and ive started to get grass to grow in my slime farm which i will transform into a masive animal slaughterhouse when you can animal breed. oh and ive also change a large chest of cobble into stone, so when stone bricks come out i will alrerady have a full chest of stone bricks.

not crazy at all. im saving my eggs for chicken farm, ive already made a wheat farm for animal breeding and i will make that automatic when pistons release, ive made an enchantment room and ive started to get grass to grow in my slime farm which i will transform into a masive animal slaughterhouse when you can animal breed. oh and ive also change a large chest of cobble into stone, so when stone bricks come out i will alrerady have a full chest of stone bricks.

you know most of those updates will be later after 1.8 right? do you will most likely need a new world by then

you know most of those updates will be later after 1.8 right? do you will most likely need a new world by then

im not making a new world. ive built so much stuff and got so much resources it would just be a waste if i started a new world. stuff like pistons, animal breeding enchanting and stone bricks will not require a new world. correct me if im wrong but stuff like potions which require netherwarts and melon seeds will require a new world

im not making a new world. ive built so much stuff and got so much resources it would just be a waste if i started a new world. stuff like pistons, animal breeding enchanting and stone bricks will not require a new world. correct me if im wrong but stuff like potions which require netherwarts and melon seeds will require a new world

what he is saying is that it will be a month or two before 1.8 roles around with the world changing features. I know how you feel about putting so much work into it that you don't want to start over.

However, I'm sure I will so I can see all of the new boimes, get melons, and do all the new things that come with 1.8. Also if we are lucky they will increase map size by then.

I wonder if our old maps will get bigger when they do or if they will stay 1024X1024.

what he is saying is that it will be a month or two before 1.8 roles around with the world changing features. I know how you feel about putting so much work into it that you don't want to start over.

However, I'm sure I will so I can see all of the new boimes, get melons, and do all the new things that come with 1.8. Also if we are lucky they will increase map size by then.

I wonder if our old maps will get bigger when they do or if they will stay 1024X1024.

yes. im really hoping for bigger world sizes so that i can explore new biomes without starting a new world. or something like a world trade iwould trade over melon seeds, pumpkin seeds, netherwart, jungle tree sapling etc

wrong update, its the one after the pistons that will require a new world

So wait, we get pistons for a while in our current worlds and then have to abandon them?

SON OF A B**CH!!!!!

although given the length of time that we've waited so far it'll still be while yet before that update...

So wait, we get pistons for a while in our current worlds and then have to abandon them?

SON OF A B**CH!!!!!

although given the length of time that we've waited so far it'll still be while yet before that update...

wait what? No no no, what he means is in early July (so a week or two) we will get the pistons update. This update doesn't really add any biomes (land types) or new blocks so you don't really need a new world to get everything.

However, the next update will have new land types and things like melons and dungeons which will require a new world in order for them to exist since the land mass can't be changed in an already existing world.

Basically what I'm saying is pistons are coming in a few weeks and after that they are there for good... they aren't going away.

Not with this hardware it won't. I play the 360 version for MP. I'll play PC for features.

you realize it has nothing to do with hardware as to why they made the worlds so small right? it has nothing to do with loading the world.

The problem is they didn't want to make the save files to big, which is really silly. Maybe they could give the player the option to decide how large they want the world to be. I mean my xbox has plenty of hard drive space that I'm not going to use; so, I could make my worlds as big as I want.