Question about level for new raid

ecto69

New Raid: Crota's End

• The new Raid, Crota's End, will unlock on December 9th
  • Players at Light level 30 can lead a Fireteam immediately upon release

Does this mean if you are not Level 30 you can't start the new RAID?

yes. you should be 30 before going in there though. So don't get worked up over it. There will be plenty of new gear to get you there. If you are not 30, you will give the other players a bad time.

yes. you should be 30 before going in there though. So don't get worked up over it. There will be plenty of new gear to get you there. If you are not 30, you will give the other players a bad time.

So being 29.5 (27,27,30,30) is bad for this new raid. I know from personal experience that 24 was bad for VoG but that was 26 normal. Also now have better weapons then when I tired VoG at level 24.

Well if it is needed hope it is easier to get Arm and Chest armor pieces, or even helmet.

I guess upgrading exotic armor might be another way to get to 30. Should find out in 7.5 hours from now :woop:

Upgraded exotics go up to 36 light so with 2 old legendary gear pieces (27), 1 old raid piece (30) and an upgraded exotic (36) you will reach 30 (120 light). Also the new vendor gear will give 32 light, but that will likely take a while as you have to get vanguard/crucible commendations that you get from level up packages.

Upgraded exotics go up to 36 light so with 2 old legendary gear pieces (27), 1 old raid piece (30) and an upgraded exotic (36) you will reach 30 (120 light). Also the new vendor gear will give 32 light, but that will likely take a while as you have to get vanguard/crucible commendations that you get from level up packages.

So with regular legendary gear giving 32 nobody will have to do VoG and get all the gear for level 30.

Yep, the only reason for someone with the DLC to do VoG now would to speed run it to get all the shards/energy. Some of the weapons will still be relevant though.

I'll only stop running VoG when I get all the potential rewards from it, which for me is only the Hezen Vengeance, Praedyth's Timepiece, and the Aspect of Glass. I'm a collector, so I want it all XD

I'll only stop running VoG when I get all the potential rewards from it, which for me is only the Hezen Vengeance, Praedyth's Timepiece, and the Aspect of Glass. I'm a collector, so I want it all XD

That's another reason I would run VoG too. Although it might be tough with all the new weapons coming out and limited vault space.

So being 29.5 (27,27,30,30) is bad for this new raid. I know from personal experience that 24 was bad for VoG but that was 26 normal. Also now have better weapons then when I tired VoG at level 24.

Well if it is needed hope it is easier to get Arm and Chest armor pieces, or even helmet.

I guess upgrading exotic armor might be another way to get to 30. Should find out in 7.5 hours from now :woop:

So with regular legendary gear giving 32 nobody will have to do VoG and get all the gear for level 30.

I believe I read somewhere (on PlanetDestiny.com I think) that the vendor gear will now give 33 light, and upgraded exotics/Crota's End raid gear will give 36 light. You need 132 (4 33's) light to hit 31 and 144 (4 36's) light to hit level 32.

http://planetdestiny.com/mega-dark-below-guide/

Also, I believe all four raid armor pieces can drop from level 30 Crota's End, along with the loot system change for the raid (not sure if the change applies elsewhere) that is supposed to make actual drops more frequent so you don't get runs with only shards/energy. The only thing I remember seeing confirmed as hard mode only are the raid primary weapons.

http://planetdestiny.com/crotas-end-raid-armor-weapons/

Even at level 30, the new raid is rock hard..

Everybody needs upgraded rockets and weapons aswell as armour (imo)

I agree, myself along with 5 other level 30 people ended up getting stuck on a certain part for over an hour before someone quit. I strongly recommend to not play this raid if your under level 30. As you progress through you have to fight level 31 enemies and potentially 32.

Yeah, don't bother trying the raid below level 30. The enemies scale from 30, then 31. Then finally up to 32 the further you progress. I played it with a full team of level 30 players. We couldn't get past the area where the adds hit level 31. There were literally dozens of hive majors. Not to mention it was a timed portion. With a couple level 31 players, it's much easier. But being timed, and swarmed by dozens of level 31 hive knight majors? It's almost impossible. Especially if just one or two people don't have gjallarhorn and the mythoclast.

Moral of the story? Anything under level 30 and you'll get slaughtered.

Edited by ThePumpkinKing

Yeah, don't bother trying the raid below level 30. The enemies scale from 30, then 31. Then finally up to 32 the further you progress. I played it with a full team of level 30 players. We couldn't get past the area where the adds hit level 31. There were literally dozens of hive majors. Not to mention it was a timed portion. With a couple level 31 players, it's much easier. But being timed, and swarmed by dozens of level 31 hive knight majors? It's almost impossible. Especially if just one or two people don't have gjallarhorn and the mythoclast.

Moral of the story? Anything under level 30 and you'll get slaughtered.

Should have guessed, timer, I hate timed events/missions/quests. They had to add timer to the game as it has been missing in base game. :eek:

I hate timer more then I hate platforming...

So the whole team needs those 2 weapons, if true, they are again forcing players to continue playing old raid, unless there is other ways to get the vex rifle.

At least made it to level 30 hopefully soon to 31 hmmm.

That's another reason I would run VoG too. Although it might be tough with all the new weapons coming out and limited vault space.

Eh, I save the weapons section of the vault for exotics. I'll just keep the legendary raid weapons on me. But you're right, vault space is becoming more and more valuable now that more weapons and armor are out to collect.