The Whole Gang's Here questions

shinobigarth

a few questions about this particular achievement.

1. is it possible for a follower to die without my involvement? like before i even meet one of them, they end up getting killed by another NPC or something?

2. all i have to do is just recruit them once, and then i can dismiss them or let them die and it'll still go towards the chievey?

3. is their AI actually useful at all in combat?

• 2 weeks later...

I dont think they can die before you meet them, if your not playing hardcore mode then i think they cant die at all, just faint.

If you dismiss them early in the game they'll return to their original spot, you can always recruit them again.

Boone is one of the good ones, as long as you'll have to stay on the NCR's good side though, going against them will make him leave if i recall.

• 3 weeks later...

1) On normal mode, companions cannot die so you have nothing to worry about there.

2) Yes, they'll count as long as you've recruited them at some point in the game.

3) Yep, definetly. I used Veronica and ED-E a lot and they've both been very helpful (Veronica was a very good distraction for cazadores and other enemies when I was a low level :) )

You guys like ED-E that much? Eh.

Veronica.

Give her the Pushy (unique displacer glove) and also give her T-51b Power Armor (or T-45d if you want) and she's literally unstoppable.

She'll punch even the mightiest Deathclaws to death in about three quick hits :D She's beautiful.

But…then there's always Boone. Give him Riot Gear or NCR Ranger Gear and the Gobi Campaign Rifle…nothing will EVER get within 20 feet of you.

You guys like ED-E that much? Eh.

Veronica.

Give her the Pushy (unique displacer glove) and also give her T-51b Power Armor (or T-45d if you want) and she's literally unstoppable.

She'll punch even the mightiest Deathclaws to death in about three quick hits :D She's beautiful.

But…then there's always Boone. Give him Riot Gear or NCR Ranger Gear and the Gobi Campaign Rifle…nothing will EVER get within 20 feet of you.

But...he...talks...soo...slow...and...emotional...and...reflective... ED-E has no emotions, just death.

Aye I heard that on Veronica, I love hearing hear power fist in the distance and 40xp come up on my HUD, Fearless.

But...he...talks...soo...slow...and...emotional...and...reflective... ED-E has no emotions, just death.

Aye I heard that on Veronica, I love hearing hear power fist in the distance and 40xp come up on my HUD, Fearless.

Just don't talk to him. Problem solved :p

Ha! Love that feeling as well.

I've looked around for good builds for the other Companions...the best I found were:

Cass + Riot Shotgun (gear doesn't matter I guess…Cass is a drunk bitch anyways LOL).

Arcade + Pew Pew OR Multiplas Rifle + Power Armor (I don't really like him though).

Then…well…Rex and Raul are useless as hell and Lily's a melee character, but Veronica overpowers Lily.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

ok so guys, I've gotten everyone except Cass, who i couldn't get at first cause of low Speech, now i have high enough but she attacks me on sight. i think my karma probably went lower so I cleared out Vault 3 and have been killing lots of fiends and ghouls but still only Evil and i need help figuring out how to recruit her.

• 9 months later...

The non-human race companions in NV are so freaking useless, I never used them at all. And I think the only possible way for your companion to die permanently is to play the game in Hardcore Mode. If you hate them that much just recruit them and take 'em to Death-claw Promontory.

The non-human race companions in NV are so freaking useless, I never used them at all. And I think the only possible way for your companion to die permanently is to play the game in Hardcore Mode. If you hate them that much just recruit them and take 'em to Death-claw Promontory.

I only ever bring Boone if I bring anyone with me. Sometimes the dog. Boones the only one that gets anything done.