Juggernaut Challenge Problems

SK8BT

Hey guys, not sure if anyone else is having this problem. I'm on my last challenge for the "Completionist" achievement and it's on the level "Priorities". I'm assuming Juggernaut, who can be found after freeing Caliban, has the last challenge but when I select "Juggernaut Smash-up" when speaking to him, nothing happens and he runs away and disappears when I'm done talkin to him. I sided with the X-Men the whole game and did mission select to clean up and I've completed all other challenges, but was able to do the few Brotherhood challenges too. Do I have to start over and side w/ Brotherhood? Do I have to go back a couple of missions and side with the brotherhood before playing "Priorities" again? Someone PLEASE help and tell me what it is that i'm doing wrong! Trying to be done with this game TODAY!

Im stuck at this part too, except i have mostly brotherhood faction and it still doesnt let me do the mission, ive tried just about everything i can do. Ive done northstars mission, and then played it again without doing his mission, and still nothing.

The two challenges seem to be mutually exclusive; when I played through my first time I got as much influence with the Brotherhood as possible and when I got to this mission I couldn't do the Northstar challenge but could do the Juggernaut challenge. On my second playthrough just now, I got as much influence with the X-men as possible and the opposite occurred, I was able to do Northstar's challenge but not Juggernaut's.

I'm not sure if this was what caused it to work, but what I did was go back to mission 5 and after beating Hodge I choose to go see the Brotherhood, then loaded up mission 6 and was able to do it.

I'll be back in a few to confirm...

[EDIT]: I can confirm that Saracin's method does INDEED work! Just replay mission 5 Half way through the Hodge fight choose the Brotherhood option and keep fighting and after beating him ask Nightcrawler to take you to Mystique. Then just reload "Priorities" and talk to Juggernaut and you'll have the option to play the challenge. Another 50 achievement points in the bank! Hope that helps anyone dealing with the same problem.

Can staff please STICKY this? More ppl may run in to the same problem.

Edited by SK8BT

I'll be back in a few to confirm...

[EDIT]: I can confirm that Saracin's method does INDEED work! Just replay mission 5 Half way through the Hodge fight choose the Brotherhood option and keep fighting and after beating him ask Nightcrawler to take you to Mystique. Then just reload "Priorities" and talk to Juggernaut and you'll have the option to play the challenge. Another 50 achievement points in the bank! Hope that helps anyone dealing with the same problem.

Can staff please STICKY this? More ppl may run in to the same problem.

yep, this is it. just worked this out myself after getting to this point in the story again. nowhere had any posts about this when i was raging at 4:30 last night wondering why after continuous replays i couldn't get him to give me the mission. gave up and started the story again today to go with full brotherhood alignment. really wish they'd made the cutscenes and dialogue skippable, could've been done with this so much quicker!

Edited by here2infirmary

I'm not sure if this was what caused it to work, but what I did was go back to mission 5 and after beating Hodge I choose to go see the Brotherhood, then loaded up mission 6 and was able to do it.

Thank you for finding this out. Was so stuck & annoyed at not being able to get the challenge to unlock. Game finished now :D

• 3 weeks later...
Thank you! After my 2nd attempt to get the mission from Juggernaut I figured this might be the case but now I know for sure. I'm just glad I know now I don't have to play it all again.

• 2 months later...
  • 5 months later...
  • 8 months later...
  • 3 months later...

I've finished the game a second time now and need the 2 challenges for Mystique and Juggernaut. It gives me the option for Juggernaut but nothing happens! And Mystique's doesn't even show up so I'm trying to get my Brotherhood faction high and I don't think it's working and I can't even start another new game+ so no idea what to do. :(

Does what Saracin said mean you can just replay chapter 5 even if you have finished game twice as I really don't want to start from scratch just for these 2 challenges!

Thanks!

EDIT: Ok that Juggernaut one worked like a charm thank you very much but I'm still having problems with Mystique's and my faction bar just is not moving higher to Brotherhood! :/

EDIT2: Ok went back to the Chinatown chapter and it let me choose her mission so must have worked doing the other one! Thanks guys, now to kill few more enemies then I can sleep in peace!

Edited by Lombax666