Can an achievement be unlocked after it glitches?

Seiryu

Get one problem fixed, find another one, right?

I recently completed the "Walking Bulldozers" collection, which should award the "Outta the Way!" achievement, but right when I completed my Rhino family, the game crashed. Upon relaunching the game I saw that my family was complete, and it had given me credit for completing the collection and given me the reward for doing so, but no achievement. Now it seems that this achievement is unattainable to me unless I restart the game over from the beginning and complete the collection again. Is this the case or is there a way to force the game to recheck for completion of achievements?

So far I've tried pretty much everything I could think of and none of it worked, I've done the following:

1. "Put Away" the animals from the collection, then put them back in the village.

2. Complete another family.

3. Complete another collection.

4. Unlock another achievement.

It seems that once you have an animal there is no way to get rid of it (the Sell option found on decorations and fun buildings doesn't show for animals) so I can't get rid of one then complete the family over again, and so it seems that there is no way to un-complete the collection then complete it again.

It looks like I'm stuck, and if that's the case then I will just keep playing and try to complete all the other achievements (I'm already at level 41 and only need 2 other collection achievements) then restart the game from scratch for the last one, though getting to level 28 again to unlock the last animal needed will be annoying... Incidentally, I've played "legit" for everything so far, but I am getting sick of this game and most definitely will be using the time trick on my second play (if it still works), assuming I don't end up using it to finish stuff this time around...

So anyway, long story short, does anyone know of any way for me to unlock the achievement without starting over, or am I going to have to do what I said above?

• 1 month later...

Ugh, the level 30 achievement glitched on me and I thought I would get it by playing the game around the actual date I fasted forwarded to (sometime in July) in the past and got nothing.

I tried getting another achievement to see if that'll help and still nothing so I got the level 40 achievement and not the level 30 one... I'm just going to get to level 50 and delete the game. I MIGHT download it again but this game is soooooooooooooooo lame, I don't want to waste anymore time on it. :mad:

• 6 months later...

I screwed up with the time glitch and unlocked Om Nom Nom (or whatever it's called - one of the collections) in the future. Yeah, I wasn't thinking and forgot to set the clock back. Anyway, I decided to keep going, finish everything else, and then reset it and do that over again.

So about a month goes by, I obviously don't have the achievement on my card, but it shows in the game... you guys know what I mean, I'm guessing. So I turn my phone on to play one day, and I'm completely signed out of everything... which has never happened before. The games screen doesn't show my recent games, just an alphabetical list, there's nothing on the gamerscore / avatar screen, no friends, nothing... like it's a brand new phone. There's a login screen, I click it, and it doesn't ask for any user info, it just automatically signed me back in. I launched the game, and the glitched achievement unlocked immediately after the game loaded. It went to my gamercard this time and everything was good.

SO. If anyone knows how to purposefully sign out like that, maybe that could help?

Edited by MMMDI