Whats wrong with this sick game?

I dont consider myself bad at fighting game, always manage to have succes.

But this one... i just can't... it IS BROKEN. I put 0 star difficulty, the game should be a walk in the park, and its harder than Mortal Kombat on Very Hard... what the hell??????

Its freaking ugly to have a gun where there is an achievement for doing the arcade at any difficulty and dont have it...

I try everything, honda palm, bison crusher... nothing work, everytime i do the crusher on the second round that bastard blanka bite me... its only the sixth character for god sake... and i already spend 20 tries or more...

edit : after 33 matchs... yeah i have beat arcade...wow... took 33 matchs for a 12 character game on the "easiest" difficulty...how can some people actually beat the thing at the hightest difficulty... its crazy...

Edited by Destro

It's just a matter of knowing the AI, I guess- I read the guide to the Perfect World Champion on this forum that abuses Bison's crusher method and I got the achievement on the same day I bought the game (along with other AI abuses I noticed along the way, which I then added to the thread in question). I'd rate it only slightly harder than Street Fighter 4's braindead AI abuse, because in both cases you only use one move but HF will require you to change up your movement a bit (compared to SF4 where you just stay up in their face all day and don't worry about reversals).

I'm sure Perfect World Champion is more than doable with all the characters if you put in enough time to find the abuses, but none are going to work as effectively as Bison in my opinion because his AI abuse basically revolves around one single move (I can imagine Dhalsim would require you to learn what particular pokes stuff each character's attacks clean, taking absolutely ages). Frankly, Hyper Fighting is nowhere near as competitive as Super Turbo is so I won't be playing it again after I get the online done, most of the character's ST combos don't appear to work in HF and it's lacking a bunch of special attacks. Glad I got it cheap, I'll be going back to HD Remix.

• 2 weeks later...

I see so basically there is not much point of having a 7 stars difficulty thing when in the end, the AI work the same for all settings.

I don't know if that was the one i was playing when i was young, Capcom made so much different version of that game its almost ironicaly stupid, but well i remember i didn't had so much trouble finishing an arcade.

I won't ever go for PWC, i would probably end up in a mental institute...

• 8 months later...

its not impossible, ive actually done it with a few times without even really trying with ken, ryu, guile and bison ive been playing street fighter for many years so thats probabbly why. best advice i can give is use blanka, i picked blanka when i was first going for the achievement and what you need to do against the majority of characters is spam the hell out of his Roll Attack if you time it right you can hit your opponent just as there getting back up off the ground and they wont block, if they do jump backwards and try again, also use his vertical roll if somebody tries to jump toward you or if you want to avoid fireballs. if you hit somebody with your verticular roll use another straight roll attack as soon as you land. using that method you can take out the majority of characters as far as i recall sagat was the only one who gave me any trouble. what i did with him was wait for him to shoot a fireball and quickly jump over it and hit him with a heavy kick, also if he did a tiger uppercut i would use my roll attack on him as he was falling back down. dont try to roll attack him if hes standing he will just counter with tiger uppercut and take a chunk of your health