The community is down the drain.

Ark Animax

This is getting rediculous, Almost half of all my wins are taken because the enemy dashboards right at the end. The number six rank (Rank tag) in the world raged on me after he couldnt win by using sheevas teleport slam. Then called a noob for winning with actual combos. The list of Bulls&%t never ends. Anyone else seeing things like this lately?

P.S. Still better then call of duty.

The community on MK has always been terrible, the only respectable people are the people that enter major tourneys. REO, CD JR, Chris G, PerfectLegend, JOP and Brady to some extent are the only one's that improve the online community. The retards you face online bring the community, as you say, down the drain and the state of some of the MK message boards on different is pathetic. MK is the game of elitits, people who think they are the best ever and stick to their own little groups.

I get called a "noob" for knowing how to actually play with Scorpion, baiting, knowing how to take advantage of it's 50-50s and so on. Yet he's pretty limited with Combo Creativity unless you feel like burning meter which I don't. So people complain that I just do the same BnB when I get a hit on them.

Some of the combos I do on Practice Mode are actually very eye appealing, they're just too difficult to execute online with the lag.

I find it very annoying to boost with people, since some are tend to be so fucking antisocial and all. You make a polite private message ( I know people who just make a message like 'you fucking cunt, I want that 60g cheevo, THX!') than they kill you like they just don't care and all. Come on, we as Xbox gamers are a fucking community, enjoying getting cheevos and all! Don't be a dick, sneaking out if you lose! :)

• 2 weeks later...

Well to MK's defense the game is pretty much inviting you to spam... wich is why so many people do it. Not to mention there is so much way of getting out of a match.... Happen to me many times that i was winning and after 2 clean round, it start lagging like crazy and the game crash...

Sometimes i even see a guy saying yes, i pick my characters... he can't decide his... then he leave... Without even trying... i don't get it, he get the loss anyway... And no i don't pick cheap characters, i pick like Kano and Cyber Sub for exemple as im upping Cyber Sub now....

Then there is the north american factor.... you may think its bullcrap, but its my personal experience. I played Virtua Fighter online and as much as i was getting my butt Whooped, i never got angry against japanese... These guy seem to always play honorable. But i could tell from the freakin first minute when i was playing a north american... He would try to spam me with low kicks or all the other dirty tricks... even if the game is not spamming base at all...

Terrible...

But to get back to MK, like i said, this game is the biggest spamming welcoming game i ever saw... so yup this do help having a shitty community.

You should play on the PS3. My cousin plays it religiously and not once have I ever seen someone quit right at the end of the match because they were going to lose. And to show they are a good sport, the rating you give at the end of the fight, they are generous.

In saying that, there are those who quit mid-match, but they will say it's because the connection is too laggy. True or not, at least they offer a believable excuse.

You should play on the PS3. My cousin plays it religiously and not once have I ever seen someone quit right at the end of the match because they were going to lose. And to show they are a good sport, the rating you give at the end of the fight, they are generous.

In saying that, there are those who quit mid-match, but they will say it's because the connection is too laggy. True or not, at least they offer a believable excuse.

Cant play Ps3, I've had the tournment edition for xbox since day one, and im rank 302 for ranked tag. :/

Spam with low kicks.

LOL.

Yeah, these games are projectile free, so they try to play as dirty as they can with cheap moves. In the case of VF, its pretty much going always low kick with the same move... Pretty much like MK2 if i could say, to a more "recent aproach"

But hey... you always hated me, im not expecting you to agree with me anyway.

No, I just lol'd at two things:

1. That you can't get away from someone "spamming" low kicks.

2. That you think you can actually spam low kicks.

Seriously you can think yourself good at the game, but if you can't get away from someone who does nothing but low kick then you suck, plain and simple. Here's a tip: jump away.

Also, I don't hate you, I just think you are an idiot.

yeah but then what if thats all he do.... by the way i never pretended to be that good at Virtua Fighter... Im not even average... im just "ok". I faced average japanese guys and they overall kicked my ass, i manage to win some, but lost more. BUT what i did like was that the game had no stats for PLAYER MATCH(so you could loose 4 in a row without "penalty" and try to get better loosing to a better player than you) and all these japanese guys where playing clean.

First american that i got, goes for the cheap moves all the time. Anyway, i just meant i don't understand why some people got to play dirty to win all the time.

I remember smackdown vs raw 2007, i was very good at that game, yet i would get losses because some guys would use the "unblockable" moves and there CAW where just full of them. To one point i stoped allowing CAW in the matches i created cause original wrestlers didn't had them (in general) exept the barricade glitch that could be done by anybody.

• 2 weeks later...

You know, reading this forum I can see why a lot of people stay away from fighting games these days. At least everyone I know tends to avoid them and they drop in price very quickly as people trade them in and the communities online dwindle down to nothing but the hardcore purists after the first couple of months.

I have enjoyed fighting games for a long time, ever since the days of yie ar Kung fu on my Amstrad CPC lol. I'll be the first to admit I'm pretty crap at fighting games. I don't have the time or the patience to sit and learn someone's combos or learn how to use a particularly character in the best way. I like fighting games as a diversion away from the FPS and RPG games of this world.

It's no surprise if you look at my gamertag that I'm missing a lot of achievements from fighting games simply because I walk away from them after getting sick and tired of spammers or getting abusive messages.

First off the spammers. The developers need to take the blame for this breed of player. The lazy and unimaginitive achievement lists that accompany most games with shit like '10 ranked wins in a row'. These encourage people to spam one or two moves. I can normally accept someone spamming certain combos or specials as I tend to think "well it's up to me to try and counter this" but it can get annoying if you meet to many of these players however, anyone who pays money for a game is entitled to play it anyway they want. This leads to my next point.

The elitist gamer. This is the arsehole that dedicated himself/herself to a fighting game and masters a few characters and gets good. They then get a superiority complex and feel like they are in a position to tell people how to play the game and control what others do. I pick characters based on who I like. I don't know many moves with any character to be honest but if I pick a so called 'noob' character I get inundated with abusive messages telling me I suck and what a loser I am for picking X character. Seriously get a life.

I've purchased streetfighter, tekken, soul calibur and mortal combat this gen and enjoyed them all to a certain degree. Mortal kombat has always been my favourite fighter as I like the characters back stories a lot more. I'm a fan of the films and I actually have the short lived tv series on DVD which was a bit rubbish lol but had some excellent fight choreography and a few decent episodes. I've owned (and still do actually)!every mortal kombat game to date.

I was reading this forum as I was thinking about digging this game out and getting back into it but now I'm not sure. Don't know why I get abuse online to be honest as if you meet me in kombat your likely to get a recorded win. I never quit out even if I'm getting a pasting.

Edited by OptimusPrime76

All fighting games get like that. After the first month or two the only people you'll see playing are the hardcore people who just like to body others. If you play enough, you get used to the quitters/spammers/ragers etc.

The only thing that ticks me off is when people like the game, but blame their lack of skill on other things. If you don't bother to learn something, than you don't deserve the win. If you learn it and still lose, at least you learnt it.

All fighting games get like that. After the first month or two the only people you'll see playing are the hardcore people who just like to body others. If you play enough, you get used to the quitters/spammers/ragers etc.

The only thing that ticks me off is when people like the game, but blame their lack of skill on other things. If you don't bother to learn something, than you don't deserve the win. If you learn it and still lose, at least you learnt it.

Because some fighting games have a decent matchmaking system....

Dead or Alive 4 allowed players to limit the room to certain grade like B and lower.... or such.

Soul Calibur 4 would allow you to search for people your skill level... and i never got totally owned in a rank match even if i was far from good at that game.... i always managed to do damage to my oponents...

Not to mention SC4, or VF5 have a playlist where stats dosen't record, so people are less tended to play like dirt bag...

With MK they go with a total random matchmaking in rank, and for "player match" they use a big pool and push everybody in it... Not to mention that KOTH crap they added that simply destroy the community fun... Everybody is in KOTH cause they want there achievements.... yet you can have 4 cool guys that are the same skill and suddenly a try hard will enter then he will never quit the "king" spot... so you got to wait... and wait... and wait.... to play one match only to loose and wait again...

DOA4 may had run on the KOTH system, but all the option allowed it to be fun... limiting your adversary skill... or allowing "looser stay" or limiting the space of the room to 2-3-4 etc...

MK has NO OPTION what so ever... so if there is 6 people.. there is 6 people to wait every game... if one beast enter and beat everybody... too bad... you got to deal with it... THIS SUCKS... plain and simple

MK still has a lot to improve in term of match making....

Like Optimus, i enjoy fighting game, but i don't have the patience to learn everything, not to mention i usually play fighting game drunk after a fighting movie that i watched with beer(and i don't drink budlight...) i drink strong stuff... So i would like to be able to go play and match with people my skill and still have fun...

I got tired of MK cause people quited... people say no a lot when you have lots of match played... or everybody is in KOTH... sometimes it can take me up to 10 min only to FFIND a dude to play against.. and most of the time they will stay for a few matches... but its not rare they quit after the first...

Fact: Versing better players makes you better.

Maybe true, but...

FACT: Facing MUCH better players will piss you off.

You dont learn from being raped constantly, well, you may learn not to play because the stress isnt worth it.

For Example, The number 5 person (no naming)for ranked tag spams sheevas teleport and kanos knife and kano ball. He doesnt have any skill for this, but he thinks he does.

LOL at Destro.

The only people in KoTH are there for achievements? No. No they are not.

KoTH hill is the best fighting game mode EVER! There's still incentive to win, but if you lose it isnt a big deal to most people because you can have fun throwing stuff at the screen and whatever else.

I might pop MK back in here tonight. SC5 was kinda disappointing(SC4 is still my favorite ever)