Has anyone actually played this?

FunkSoulStrange

I haven't gotten it yet but the people playing it on the gamefaqs board are enjoying it. You pretty much need to be a fan of things like parapara and be willing to learn the full dance to properly enjoy it, from the looks of it. Just standing there poking at the glowing things on screen like all the game journalists are doing would obviously be far less interesing. I think you'd need to invest a lot more time and effort to get the full experience from this game, as opposed to the party vibe of DC, where you just pick it up and do the simple moves straight away.

I've got it and I've done almost every song on every difficulty. I've just a few Extremes left to go and should have them done by tonight when I get back to it. Some of the flaws can mostly be blamed on the space and light requirements of the Kinect, but the rest is all typical Konami stubbornness. They want you to rock and also want you to be selectively awful in order to unlock titles, which I think I'll need to complete to unlock Stealth. It's annoying gameplay padding and I'm sick of it. They've been doing it since PS2 DDRs. I wish to kick them in the head. :mad:

I have both. This is how I compare Dance Central to Dance Masters/Dance Evolution:

I like both. They are different though. Dance Central is more follow the moves the dancer is doing, and Dance Masters is a lot more like Dane Dance Revolution. Where you hit the marks at certain times.

Dance Masters has better multiplayer, with 2-player co-op on a single console and versus over Xbox live. But Dance Central has a better Single Player and a more mainstream music selection. While Dance Masters is more DDR (J-pop) type songs.

well my wife just picked this up because she was dissapointed in how few songs there were from dance central that she absolutly loves and even i enjoy with my horrible horrible dancing. all I want to say is this is the worst game i have ever played ever...I hate selling games to gamestop but i am acually going to go one step further and demand my money back from target. all i can say is STAY AWAY DO NOT BUY

I just got a copy from Konami and I'm loving it.

If you like Para Para or DDR then this game is right up your street. The music is just as you would expect and it's great tongue in cheek fun.

I kind of prefer it to my demo with Dance Central. Dance Central is more about learning to dance and Dance Evolution is more about hitting markers. The para para bits are about knowing how to Para Para but it's something that can be learned :)

Plus the achievements look fun to get!

• 2 weeks later...

Right now it looks that Dance Masters achievements are way harder to get than the ones on Dance Central, since on DDR series they always requested high skilled players, even on Dance Masters they require this XD.

I also find Dance Central boring compared to Dance Masters, because of the song selection that has dissappointed me, i prefere way more DM since im already a previously versions dancer its just more my thing.

• 4 weeks later...

What else has everyone got to say about this game? I'm really hesitant about buying this game for two reasons: one, the last time Konami tried to imitate another popular game, it came out with a blunder called Rock Revolution, and two, I've already played Dance Central and it has set the bar really high. I'm not sure if Dance Masters can compete, especially after seeing some of Konami's past products.

• 1 month later...
What else has everyone got to say about this game? I'm really hesitant about buying this game for two reasons: one, the last time Konami tried to imitate another popular game, it came out with a blunder called Rock Revolution, and two, I've already played Dance Central and it has set the bar really high. I'm not sure if Dance Masters can compete, especially after seeing some of Konami's past products.

Well I feel like I'm bumping a old post but to anyone who actually visits this forums, I'll add my 2 cents.

Well I started the game a few weeks ago on the Light difficulty (as you would expect for a first timer). As a DDR player, I've wanted a game with the same type of setlist as the Japanese version of DDR you would find at an arcade (Para Para). After being disappointed in all three versions of DDR released in North America on the 360, I was skeptical of this game. But I got it and now I am thoroughly enjoying it. Of course I do not touch the Old School or R&B style songs because it is not my dance style.

So after a few weeks of casual playing, I downloaded the Master Set for free from the Marketplace and AA'd my first Para Para song (Can't stop fallin' in love) and I feel accomplished (lol).

In conclusion, if you're like me, a DDR fan who likes euro/para para and electronic dance music, then you would probably like Dance Masters. The learning curve is much steeper than DDR since there are no set locations to move but it is really quite fun. I would recommend it.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 9 months later...

I played both Dance Central & Dance Master/Evolution and I liked both concepts.

Dance Central focus it's concept on the dance moves, whilst Dance Master/Evolution on it's dance markers.

Also, DC has recent songs that you prolly 've heard from the radio or tv. DM/DE has more J-POP & catchy tunes. Dance Dance Revolution veterans know what I'm talking about ;)