Chatterbox bug??

LoRdScAb

So I followed the achievement guide for Chatterbox to the letter, making sure I go through all the dialog with the Endurance survivors, but when I finished speaking with the survivors before heading to the Research Base, the achievement did not unlock. I am 99.9% sure that I did not miss any conversations. My questions:

1) For those who have unlocked this, did the achievement pop right when you finished the last conversation?

2) Has anyone else had issues with this achievement unlocking?

3) Do the conversations have to be done on the same save slot during a single play-through? On the off chance I missed something, I'd like to know if I'll have to run through the entire game again or if it will pop the second I do the conversation that was missed.

Achievement unlocked right on time for me after my last conversation. I'm pretty sure all the conversations need to be on one save slot.

Sigh. Did you do any conversations that aren't on this list?

[spoiler=Chatterbox]

• Before opening dual crank door with Whitman, talk to Whitman.
  • After Roth gives you the Climbing Axe, talk to Roth.
  • When you have to reach the smoke beacon, before descending down the mountain. Talk to Roth
  • On Shipwreck Beach during the day and before heading to the Galleon, talk to Sam, Jonah and Reyes.
  • Before heading to the Endurance wreck, talk to Jonah, Sam, Whitman at the camp and Reyes at the back of the boat.
  • The last talking part for Chatterbox is during the night on Shipwreck Beach. Return to the Survivor Camp and speak to Jonas, Reyes and Whitman then the achievement will unlock. This is before climbing to the research base.

The lists of conversation opportunities in the achievement guide here and the trophy guide over at our PS3 sister site appear to be different, the achievement guide seems to be missing one conversation, maybe therein lies the problem.

Achievement guide:

[spoiler=Chatterbox]

• Before opening dual crank door with Whitman, talk to Whitman.
  • After Roth gives you the Climbing Axe, talk to Roth.
  • When you have to reach the smoke beacon, before descending down the mountain. Talk to Roth
  • On Shipwreck Beach during the day and before heading to the Galleon, talk to Sam, Jonah and Reyes.
  • Before heading to the Endurance wreck, talk to Jonah, Sam, Whitman at the camp and Reyes at the back of the boat.
  • The last talking part for Chatterbox is during the night on Shipwreck Beach. Return to the Survivor Camp and speak to Jonas, Reyes and Whitman then the achievement will unlock. This is before climbing to the research base.

Trophy guide:

[spoiler=chatter]

• Before searching for 50 pieces of salvage, talk to Whitman.
  • After finding the 50 pieces of salvage, talk to Whitman again (do not repair the Axe yet!)
  • After helping Roth, where the wolves attack him and you get the climbing axe afterwards, talk to Roth.
  • Shortly after getting the Rope Arrows you will meet Roth again. Talk to him before using the zipline.
  • When reaching the Shipwreck Beach you will meet your friends. Talk to Sam, Reyes and Jonah.
  • Before going to the Endurance to help Alex and get the tools, talk to Whitman, Sam, Jonah and Reyes at the beach camp. Reyes is on the boat.
  • After coming back from the Endurance, talk to Whitman, Reyes and Jonah.

Achievement also unlocked for me as soon as the last conversation with the last person ended. All good!

Is that by following the 360 guide...

As that's what i been doing at the moment, i done the first two on the list..

But the ps3 say's about the 50 crate's, and i'm not sure about that one...

So do i need to start over again, or will i be ok if i just carry on following the 360 's version guide?

Is that by following the 360 guide...

As that's what i been doing at the moment, i done the first two on the list..

But the ps3 say's about the 50 crate's, and i'm not sure about that one...

So do i need to start over again, or will i be ok if i just carry on following the 360 's version guide?

What 50 crates!? I'm confused. I followed the one on TA but that's the same as here:

http://www.trueachievements.com/a174138/secret-achievement.htm

What 50 crates!? I'm confused. I followed the one on TA but that's the same as here:

Before searching for 50 pieces of salvage, talk to Whitman.

After finding the 50 pieces of salvage, talk to Whitman again (do not repair the Axe yet!)

Sorry, i should of said salvage not create's....:)

Also as "Rep" has confirmed that "Nozza's" is correct, then i will just carry on following it....Thanks..

Edited by DjBatfink

After finding the 50 pieces of salvage, talk to Whitman again (do not repair the Axe yet!)

Sorry, i should of said salvage not create's....:)

Also as "Rep" has confirmed that "Nozza's" is correct, then i will just carry on following it....Thanks..

If I can remember correctly, the part where you talk to him before collecting the salvage is the cutscene...

But as Ponypoo2001 had stated - make sure you are going through ALL the conversations with each character every time you have the chance, and not just one.

I can confirm the one specified in Nozza's guide is correct. It's the exact same list that I followed when unlocking the achievement.

Can anyone confirm if they have this unlocked from nozzas guide? becoz I've not done what neosnake101 as down but what nozza has down...

Blaze and I had confirmed it several posts up.

Thx for getting back so quick,just to be safe and becoz I'm not that far ill start again to be 100% becoz I've seen this guide and know I've not done 1st one.

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=z9flCTdLqO8]Tomb Raider - Chatterbox Trophy / Achievement Guide (All Endurance Crew Conversations) - YouTube[/ame]

Thx for getting back so quick,just to be safe and becoz I'm not that far ill start again to be 100% becoz I've seen this guide and know I've not done 1st one.

Now i'm not that sure about the first one now..

I spoke to him at the door before upgrading the axe, like the guide said, then i upgraded the axe as i had enough salvage on me, then went and opened the door..

So i spoke to him once not twice like in the video....:confused:

I'm only at the part where i get the climbing axe so maybe i should start a new game, and speak to Whitman before and after the axe upgrade.....

Edit; just to be safe i restarted again and talked to him before i got the 50 salvage and again after, before the axe upgrade, then it didn't take me long to get back to where i was before.....:)

Edited by DjBatfink

Now i'm not that sure about the first one now..

I spoke to him at the door before upgrading the axe, like the guide said, then i upgraded the axe as i had enough salvage on me, then went and opened the door..

So i spoke to him once not twice like in the video....:confused:

Same here m8,so I'm going for a restart,I'm only about 20 mins past that part anyway and the games that good I don't mind restarting once

Am I screwed? I collected about over 250 pieces before arrived Whitman to talked him so do I have restarted new game to not collected many pieces until Whitman?

I did talked through until X disappeared before upgrading axe.

or you can collected many of pieces before meet first time and talked to Whitman as long as you not upgrading axe?

I kinda of bit confused here.

Edited by cheevo360

Am I screwed? I collected about over 250 pieces before arrived Whitman to talked him so do I have restarted new game to not collected many pieces until Whitman?

or you can collected many of pieces before meet first time and talked to Whitman as long as you not upgrading axe?

I'm sure that wouldn't really matter. As long as you had the full conversation with him then you should be fine.

I am on the second playthrough to try to get this stupid achievement. Even though the video shows that you can talk to Whitman before collecting salvage and then again before upgrading the axe, I can only talk to him before collecting the salvage. After I collect the salvage, but before going to a camp to upgrade the axe, I walk up to him, but the X button symbol does not appear over his head.

It should be highly unlikely that the code on the 360 is different from the PS3, but I can't talk to him the second time, no matter how many times I try. Anyone else experience this problem? Can anyone confirm that they have gotten this achievement while only talking to Whitman once? I am so tired of restarting. :mad:

So I am on my second playthrough to try to get this stupid achievement. In the linked video, it shows that you can talk to Whitman before collecting salvage and then again before upgrading the axe. I have no issues speaking to him the first time. However, before going to camp to upgrade the axe, when I walk up to him, I cannot get the option to talk to him to appear. He just stands there.

Has anyone else experienced this issue? Can someone confirm that they were able to get this achievement after only talking to Whitman once by the gate? I am so sick and tired of restarting this game.