Speed Running Questions

Blade Runner 07

• 2 weeks later...

I am pretty sure the inventory screen doesn't stop time, but I am unsure about if pausing stops time. As Capta1nAsh said, all weapon unlocks are on Normal. An easier way to get 3 hours is to first unlock the Samurai Edge by finishing in under 5 hours on Normal. So your next Normal playthrough (3 hour attempt) you'll not have to worry about ammo, as the Samurai Edge is pretty powerful.

It's not too difficult to get 3 hours with default weapons though, once you get used to it. I've played and completed Resident Evil countless times, so now I am able to finish it in under 3 hours without even trying. I'm not boasting, I am just saying that once you learn the locations of items, and know exactly what you're doing, it becomes easier. So basically, keep trying and eventually you'll get there, no problem ^_^

• 8 months later...
  • 11 months later...

i combined my 3 hr run with knife only (as jill), also savng no one. unfortunately i did it on very easy so it didn't help me unlock any weapons, but it wasn't too difficult being my 3rd playthrough.

the crimson elder was the most difficult of the unavoidable bosses- i used 3 full heal items in that fight (and finished in orange caution without any left).

i made a few path errors where i had to backtrack a little, but i managed to finish it in 2:58:36 (whew!)