Your favorite new gameplay mechainic

RBmaster9345

By now you've all seen the videos so I don't think I have to list them all for ya. Out of what we've seen so far, what gameplay mechanic is your fav?

Mine would have to be the Propulsion Gel hands down

I agree 100% with you on the Propulsion Gel. Just hope it plays smoothly.

Am I missing something? I don't see any mention of a new character. Or ANY character for that matter.

I'm not calling you a liar or anything...I just don't see it.

Am I missing something? I don't see any mention of a new character. Or ANY character for that matter.

I don't know how too do spoiler tags... anyway they recently introduced that Cave Johnson will be a character, at least as a voice, and so far the material that he says is pretty funny.

he's voiced by the guy who was the head newspaper guy in Spiderman

or maybe Cave Johnson's appearance is old news and I'm just out of the loop.

If you want too hear him there are three videos on youtube that I'm aware of. two Aperture investments vidoes, and he is also in the second half of the 'portal 2 single player opening scene' that they introduced at PAX.

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wMUsWuX6KB8&feature=related]YouTube - Portal 2 Gameplay Demo from Valve - First 8 Minutes of Single Player Campaign from PAX East 2011[/ame]

heres one with decent quality, be warned that this video will spoil the first few minutes of the game.

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0qcED35LL8I]YouTube - Aperture Investment Opportunity #1: "Panels"[/ame]

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AZMSAzZ76EU&feature=relmfu]YouTube - Aperture Investment Opportunity #2: "Bot Trust"[/ame]

here are two videos with him that won't spoil anything.

Edited by d0ct0rscarecr0w

My links sourced the second part of the original post; the 'the best game we've ever made' part. I thought the two weekly countdown videos narrated by CAVE JOHNSON, as well as the PAX demo reveal, didn't really need sourcing as the new character CAVE JOHNSON narrates the weekly countdown videos (see post above) and was revealed in PAX11!

It was not clear as to which part of that post you needed verifying.

My fault.

still struggling to get my girlfriend to get all the way through Portal so she can be my co-op partner, hopefully it will work out.

Why is your console in the kitchen? That's just silly.

Anyway the thing I'm most looking forward to is the overall humor and presentation along with the moving walls/floor panels. They had them in the original, but I'm hoping they play a bigger part in the game. I know they sure look awesome as hell in the teaser videos all moving about and changing the layout of the areas on the fly.

Propulsion gel looks fun as well. :woop: