Ninja Blade fav ninja game on 360

Exhausted Dad

This is game is so much fun, completely underrated and definitely not a Ninja Gaiden rip off. What I have played so far just makes me think story wise it is more towards a Spider-man WOS cover, not necessarily a bad thing, but they could have did better with that. But the combat was fun, loved the outfit editor and I don't usually care about that stuff. The QTE's were a welcome change of pace, I'm surprised more people haven't done that since Indigo Prophecy.

I'm actually enjoying doing the levels over to try to get a better rating. This is something I don't frequently do(why I don't 1000 a lot of games). I just wish I could post this in the game forums so more people could see it. This game deserves a spin.

you can't really compare NG2 and NB. ok they are hack n slay but the approach on what experience they want to do deliver is complete different.

guess bayonetta will be a better competitor against NG. guess i can tell you more after friday. i have the chance to play through the complete game during a SEGA promotion event :)

IMHO NG2 is way batter than this. I think only Too Human is more crapy slasher than Ninja Blade. But then, _everything_ is better than Too Human.

NB sucks all the way. There are boring fights - the same pattern over and over again, lame combos and three-four weapons.

Then, there are ridiculous neverending QTE, long and frustrating. After that 10th button i was forced to press (my absolute favourite is "Grab - (A)" to... grab stupid swtich on the elevator), i wish to die and then i realize that it isn't over, there are another 10 buttons, and then another and another. And when it seems to be finally over the game throws you bonus - another 3-4 buttons, just in case player isn't dead from frustration yet. Ok, mission end, next mission start, and guess what? It begins with QTE, have 5-7 QTE in the middle and ends with another 3 QTE.

Yeah, achievements. They are easy, true. But that one for not repeting is stupid with that amount of QTE. I've just replayed plane mission, everything went ok and in yet-another-QTE-just-for-you-my-beloved-gamer there was "->" to press and my finger sliped so first it slighty went left and then all the way to the right. And guess what? I need to replay that god damn mission again, with all its boring bug-on-wings killing (times 4), another portion of QTE etc.

And there is just one more thing, to complete picture - Ninja Blade is another of Microsoft's lies. It's another "exclusive" with expiry date.

Well if that's how "exclusives" on XBox looks like, i think it's last console i've bought from Microsoft. I want good games and exclusive games, not craps like Too Human or Ninja Blade that even aren't exclusives.

Yeah, achievements. They are easy, true. But that one for not repeting is stupid with that amount of QTE. I've just replayed plane mission, everything went ok and in yet-another-QTE-just-for-you-my-beloved-gamer there was "->" to press and my finger sliped so first it slighty went left and then all the way to the right. And guess what? I need to replay that god damn mission again, with all its boring bug-on-wings killing (times 4), another portion of QTE etc.

wrong, missing a QTE does NOT count as a retry, only if you get killed. not liking and flaming a game...well if it is your way.....but posting wrong information is stupid.

i personally don't give a shit about exclusive games. for me a game that entertains me has done everything right.

It doesn't count as fail? Well, didn't know that, thanks :)

And for exclusives, it's not right that you buy console for certain games and then find out that you don't need that console at all. Moreover, you get better experience on other platforms, with simple PC included.

Exclusives is what's defining value of the hardware - if there isn't any good and/or those games are available on other platforms, then for what should one keep that crap on shelf, better make room for platform that runs the same game better.

For now there are some games that makes money spend on 360 not thrown away. But one-by-one they are gone to other platforms and that leaves one with useless piece of hardware.

Edited by Vir

maybe you haven't thought about the following :)

which part of xbox360 generates the money for MS? it is not the consoles or games, but XBL with DLC (some % go to MS after all). so ok, you can sell more console if you have an exclusive game now and then, but thats all imo.

i own both consoles, so even if exclusive games wouldn't exist, i would choose the xbox as primary console because of the features XBL has compared to PSN. well sony promised lang ago, that they would add a variety of wanted features, but last week or so, they said: "PSN is working and generating profit, it is not one of our primary objectives right now to change anything."

of course both companies are trying to get our money, but i prefer a service, which offers me a good party chat and is clearly arranged. i don't say PS3 is a terrible console, but imo it is overrated and comparing my games(xbox ~140, ps3 4!) i spend a lot more time playing xbox and only some rare interesting games like Metal Gear, Demon's Souls on PS3. ok i admit that trophy hunting isn't as addictive as unlocking achievements ;)

I also own PS3 and yet I prefer to play on 360. Not for XBL, because I literaly _hate_ multiplayer modes and that chat is more anoying than usefull (it's a g-a-m-e console for god's sake, not telephone! i hate moments when i play and that damn pop "AXZ invites you to party" keeps poping out on the screen). But yes, I prefer 360 for better gamepad, better overall operating system, design etc. etc. PS3 is add-on for me.

But will it last long in that state? I don't think so, I'm buying gaming PC soon so about 20-30 games from my library (~60 total) will be there with better graphics etc. Another 20-30 games, that I didn't bought so far, will be there. What will left are some crapy games like Too Human, Fable 2, Vampire Rain, Bullet Witch (man, how could they kill so good material for an excelent game?) or titles that simply plays way better on console anyway (Guitar Hero for example, some slashers like DMC4) and of course some high quality titles like Halo 3 & ODST, GoW 2, Naruto, Naruto 2, Dead Rising etc. But how long those will be exclusives, when they "exclusivenes" will expire? Some will remain, but i think we'll see GoW 2 or Halos on PC.

At the end it could turn out that 360 is not needed for playing good games. All one could have is duo PC + PS3 and 360 will be only low level gaming rig with nothing extra on it.

And I don't care WHY it's like that - is it money for MS, moon bunnies or anything else. I want gaming platform with high quality games on it. If 360 can't give me that, so what's the point in keeping 360? NXE is better than XMB but it's just menu interface, what counts are games, and those are worse and worse year after year. Microsoft started big time with Gears, Halo and other superb exclusives but now those "exclusives" aren't so exclusvie anymore and new titles, like Ninja Blade, sucks hard.

I like 360, but in 2009 that platform started to die. We'll see if in 2010 it'll come back or die for good.

ps. Thanks again for hinting that failing QTE doesn't count as retry :) No I can just finish this crapy game, get my hard earned 1000G and forget about it.

Edited by Vir

Bayonetta is on my list :D Today i've received Afro Samurai, will see how is it soon (demo was great :).

As for Ninja Blade, god i HATE, HATE, HATE this crap. Final boss is so long and boring. NB it the 2nd worst game of this generation, just after Too Human (and the proof is that, I've broken Too Human DVD, NB DVD is still in one piece, but I'm holding my self everytime I see another QTE). Developers of this crap should die so they will not produce games anymore.

Ugh, done. Next 1000G, game is already on shelf and I don't think I'll be putting this crap into my console anymore.

To all that think about buying Ninja Blade: don't. Really, don't. It sucks more than you can imagine.

• 1 month later...
can't really agree with the game sucking. had a nice time with, considering that i had to struggle against the glitches prior the official release in europe and usa

Yes, worst 360 ''exclusive'' to this date. More crappy, than the crappy and buggy Conan game (which has way, way more good combat system than this btw).

I have never played hack and slash game with more boring battles. The combat system is a joke too.

And then - QTE's - dear God, i understand if they put 2-3 for finishing the bosses, but this ridiculously crap is all over the place. Grab - Wire - Land - TODOME - the fuck? Yes, maybe this stuff will be fun for 8-9 years boys. :)

Do not buy this game, even for 5-6 bucks. Don't support the makers of bad games.

Edited by sepulturas666

• 2 weeks later...

Hmmm seems i created a monster when i said I liked this game. I guess Ninja Gaiden 1 blew me away so much that NG2 had my expectations so high and I just didn't get into as much. So now I think I'm going to go back and try NG2 again after I finish NB I got sidetracked when Dragon Age came out and quit playing.

I have had a lot of fun playing NB, though, and while not an epic experience and changing the way games are made, I think it is a solid ninja game.

• 1 month later...
  • 4 months later...
  • 1 month later...

I also don't think you should compare Ninja Gaiden 2 with Ninja Blade, just as you shouldn't compare Zakk Wylde with Dimebag Darrell. Both Games are really awesome. as we're talking about ninja blade, it's in my personally top 5. i really love this game because i never saw more action in a ninja game, the video and QTE sequences are just brilliant. :bow: