Best local Mutliplayer games?

Exhausted Dad

I have tried searching but have not found this thread. So just trying to find a good multiplayer games, they can be retail or arcade, but would prefer a game 3 players can join. I'm familiar with Castle Crashers, the Marvel Ultimate Alliance games and Fairytale fights. My kids and me are trying to find something we can all play. Thanks for the help ;)

I find that there are many local multiplayer co-op games, however, 3 is a bit of a stretch.

Games that I've really enjoyed local co-op, are Borderlands, may not be age appropriate, and Lord of the Rings, War in the North, The Simpsons Game was a 'hella-fun' co-op too. Also Splinter Cell Conviction had a whole mini campaign. Even some of the Call of Duty games have bonus missions where you work together for certain side missions, and that doesn't count survival or zombies.

But if you're willing to search through the market place you may find a few more old 3 player coop games.

@Asci thanks I might have to them to take turns on War in the North tomorrow I bought the CE awhile back. BTW thanks for your 1st post being to help me out. Welcome to the site it has everything you need.

@Dookhater how is Fable Heroes? Never tried any of the Scene it games. I know they like hack and slash. There isn't too many games I would consider age inappropriate.

Needing 3 players is the hard part as the vast majority of the games capable of supporting 3 players locally are side-scrolling beat-em-ups.

For two players, I'd suggest the Earth Defense Force and Dynasty Warriors games. Depending on your kid's ages and interests, the Lego and Skylander games would make for good choices.

I didn't know Rayman Origins was 3 players. I will get tomorrow thanks for that. Also we have wore out the lego games at least the 1st few they went downhill after the Batman and Indy originals IMO anyway. I did hear the new Lord of the Rings was good.

I thought the 2nd Marvel UA was the ultimate up to player local co-op I can't believe there has been no sequel.

Although I haven't played it on the Xbox, Dungeon Defenders kept me entertained for hundreds of hours on the PC. Earth Defense Force is another game that interested me on the computer. Borderlands 2 and the Call of Duty series are bigger titles that would probably promote teamwork in their own ways (even though I have to play on Easy, my dad is able to keep up with me in Black Ops 2's zombie mode). Left 4 Dead could pose some similar fun to Black Ops 2. Portal 2 could also pose a short burst of Co-Op. Adding on to the LOTR stuff, my sister is strangely entranced in LOTR: Conquest (it has its Xbox Live server down, but local multiplayer and co-op still works), and that's pretty fun (at least to me).

Among that, older Arcade titles could pose Co-Op fun (All Zombies Must Die is fun), and there's probably a whole bunch of other co-op games on the Arcade/Indie Channel, as said above, you'd just need to look a bit.

I thought the 2nd Marvel UA was the ultimate up to player local co-op I can't believe there has been no sequel.

It's a bit hard to make a sequel to a game when you no longer have rights to the franchise.

Also, I just remembered a little gem: I made a game with Zombies in it. It's a $1 indie game that plays like Smash TV and can support up to 4 players. Definitely worth the money.

Edited by EmporerDragon