Seriously, f*ck the combat challenges!

Hobbz

• Replies 430
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I read everything people wrote about shock and awe (regular and extreme) and rumble in the jungle. My best advice for doing all the challenges is that you have to go into the round with a plan. Such as doing all 9 moves in one combo and trying for a high combo (obviously). Also countering, and the B+Y takedown make things A LOT easier. At the end of each round I would try to get in 1-2 ground takedowns as you get 100 X your combo it helps a lot. I would try to get 1/2 or at least a 1/3 of the 3 medal score in the first round, which is entirely possible, then you don't have to do quite as well in the later rounds. I agree with what many people posted on here, practice will make you better at the combat, I was a button masher before I did the combat challenges and now I'm much better because I had to learn how to fight.

I suck at this game. The reason is that I played through the whole campaign just mashing x. I didn't know better since there was not tutorial or anything. Once I got to the challenges I figured out that you actually have to know what you are doing.

I will keep trying but these are hard since I am basically just learning how to play the game... After beating it.

Couldn't agree more. I finished the game on normal, as per the roadmap and went off to have fun with the challenges. It was like, 'this is not possible' on the combat ones so did all the predator ones instead. Nothing else to play at the moments so I gave it a go I've just got my first 2 stars on the first level and am improving, it takes time and practice. First time through I got about 5k on it and then slowly started to increase that to 13k where I am now after about an 1.5hr.

I think this is more of a case of once you 'get it' your fine, it just takes time. Also I've noticed that hard mode is a breeze after some time in the combat challenge arena.

Happy combos.

I seriously loved the Predator challenges. All that creeping around smacking guys down and watching his mates freak out over the body just makes me laugh. That said after hours on the combat challenges I'm wanting nothing more than to tear off the developers face.

Perseverance seems to be paying off for me, practice really improves you on the combat challenges.

I'm up to 17 bats now and have got a highest combo of about 45 hits. Still haven't got the every move in one combo achievement yet.. every time i think i've done it i've forgotten a move, usually the ground n pound (RT + Y) move.

Perseverance seems to be paying off for me, practice really improves you on the combat challenges.

I'm up to 17 bats now and have got a highest combo of about 45 hits. Still haven't got the every move in one combo achievement yet.. every time i think i've done it i've forgotten a move, usually the ground n pound (RT + Y) move.

A good idea is to use that ground and pound near or at the end of your combo run. I believe it's worth like 100 points and if it's at the end of a long multiplier (20, 30+), then it can be worth a couple of grand.

I always avoided doing the ground takedown until the end because you can get hit while doing it, whereas you're invunerable (except to titan henchmen) when doing the instant takedown. The bat claw tip from the videos in the guide works a treat though. Whenever there were only 2 henchmen left I would bat claw them, jump over them and then do the ground take down on both. If you've built up a decent combo this nets you a lot of points.

I know what you mean man, these challenges are extremely hard, not to complete, but 3 medals is a pain, I really want this to be a game I can 100% as it is an unreal game, I had an awful completion percent on my old gamertag; Damon Baird X (hence the username) and traded a lot of games in, thats why I started my new gamertag and I'd hate to not be able to 100% some of the fantastic games I've played, does anyone have any tips to get some of the more difficult achievements? Perfect combo and 40X combo and such like? I know there will be a thread someone but I have been up all night with LSM Spartan on xbox since 1 o clock this morning, it is now 20 to 8 and I am far too tired to look. Thanks folks

Wow I totally disagree with the person who started this thread. I thought the combat challenges were great. Yeah they were difficult and it got frustrating, but I had fun doing it. I would love some more combat challenges be offered as DLCs with more achievements. But for now I got 1000GS for this game and I had fun doing it

Actually some of the challenges you can get with luck, for example in rumble in the jungle(extreme) I got it first try. I ended up using the titans so much during the last round and whapped up like 30000 points.

I'm actually debating whether i should go past silver getting kind of bored with my short attention span.

Actually some of the challenges you can get with luck, for example in rumble in the jungle(extreme) I got it first try. I ended up using the titans so much during the last round and whapped up like 30000 points.

I'm actually debating whether i should go past silver getting kind of bored with my short attention span.

Fair enough to anybody who can sit there and have the patience to deal with them, but I have had enough.

I have completed the game, got all the riddles, done all the predator challenges and I am left with the combat ones, what a joke they are. Before you claim I am unskilled or lack the patience, I have tried for hours to complete them and the same bs happens.

An enemy will come out of nowhere, the counter will fail and he ruins a combo, I will press the attack button and the game wont recognise it thus ending my combo, it just really isnt worth the hassle.

I will rest with completing the game fully without the combat challenge achievements. Lets be real, the combat in this game is definetly the weakest element so relying on chance to fluke your way though a combat challenge cos the combat gameplay wasnt created to properly react to your movements isnt my idea of fun.

Peace!

:eek: Combat weakest part of the game???!!!

It has its flaws true, the combat challenges are largley based on luck and I believe thw knife guys are way overpowered and most annoying of all when the game pops up saying you have a critical strike and you go for an instant takedownonly to discover you dont actually have a critical-soooo annoying. But for the most part I reckon its one of the best systems around. (countering also needs to be reworked for the sequel-very unresponsive).

• 1 month later...

yeh ive just about had it wit this game..

got through all of the challenges today besides shock an awe on reg n expert, welcome 2 the jungle, n that rat one on expert...

alright ive learnt 2 play the game now but the amount of times my combos have been fucked over cos the buttons arnt respondin or counter lag n so many times ive been hit while ground slammin someone or stupid game fuck ups like goin 2 slam someone that is already dead, nice one cunts!!

but FUCK TONIGHT i nearly snapped the disc cos 3times now the fucken timer on expert has run out while i have beaten the top score on shock n awe.. n even welcome 2 the junlge i have now died twice after beatin the top score... n that rat one, fucken gunners have shot me down heaps of times... if i havnt been fucked over this many times i would have finished this hours ago..

well ive had my bitch hahaha... try one last time tomorrow n if i dont beat any of these stages, im gonna finish it on hard, then give up!!!

sorry for the double comment..

i dont know if im happy or angry hahaha...

this mornin beat shock an awe on both levels n sewer bat on expert just then..

now only welcome 2 the jungle on expert... if they didnt fuck up last night, it would b done already... these challenges r annoying as fuck!!!

Edited by Shaun_26

Simple tip for shock and awe if u are able to get the 3000 or more by the end of round 3 a simple tip and i mean simple use the ultra batcalw the min the game starts get some breathing room and repeat 2 more times u may have half if not all goons on the grown then just RT + Y and kill them before they start getting up. dont try to combo because your time will expire before u know it

yeah i finished off the challenges n campaign on hard yesterday..

my tips r try get all 9 moves in the 1st round plus combo the whole time while finishin off the last few with RT+Yground slam... this will easily net u around 20000 in the first round.. then after that kinda forget about ur score or timer n just try 4 the highest combo u can... n throw in some grab moves n ground slams for more points..

i finished welcome 2 the junlge on extreme by getting 16000 points in the last round.. massive combo which saved me because i fucked up round 2 n 3 pretty bad, kinda funny cos i was gonna restart.. haha lucky...

• 2 weeks later...