Achievement Discussion

Krazie

Are you kidding me? Do you know anything about the Elder Scrolls series? These games are HUGE! ES4: Oblivion took me about 300 hours to get everything out of. You rent this game, you may never wanna take it back. I've had this preordered since the release date was announced!

300 Hours for Oblivion? And i'm talking about Achivements not 100%ing the game.

And yeah probably more than 15 hours. But lots seem story related and it doesn't look like hours of grinding is needed for the achievements, like get 1000 kills with x weapon etc.

• Replies 113
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I'm actually going to be turning off my notifications while I play this. Don't care about achievements when it comes to an Elder Scrolls game. I also don't care to hear the bleeps when friends come online and achievements pop. I think I will change my profile to say "If I am online but playing Skyrim: LEAVE ME ALONE!!"

I'm actually going to be turning off my notifications while I play this. Don't care about achievements when it comes to an Elder Scrolls game. I also don't care to hear the bleeps when friends come online and achievements pop. I think I will change my profile to say "If I am online but playing Skyrim: LEAVE ME ALONE!!"

thats a good idea, i will probably do that aswell. i think i might go on a murder spree if i get an invite from a squeaky kid wanting me to play MW3 whilst im killing a dragon.

(squeaky kids = brothers friends)

I like them. It's more diverse. I loved Oblivion, but I wasn't too happy about the achievements overall. It was still nice when I got them, but nothing great.

But, these look like the perfect balance of achievements. It doesn't look like anything needs expert skill, but it's not all questline achievements.

I love it when achievements aren't about "being this good" or "Complete the game for 100%". I think they should be a way to get everyone to try everything there is to offer, and that's what this seems to do. I don't think I'd really want to go through dungeons and ruins, so I don't want achievements that want you to go through tons and tons of dungeons, but I want it to be enough to draw me out and try a little dungeon-diving.

And, I'm very interested in the marriage one. The other day, I was actually thinking, "I wish you could have families here".

I'm in agreement. I think the list is a good mix and nott all mission based, or complete on 5 difficulties or kill 500 of each enemy. I'll earn them as I get them and won't be rushing to complete any of them as soon as I can. Will be keeping it for quite some time.

I like how they combined pick 50 locks and pickpocket 50 times into one achievement. Will likely do that when I go for my thief charcter playthrough.

I'm in agreement. I think the list is a good mix and nott all mission based, or complete on 5 difficulties or kill 500 of each enemy. I'll earn them as I get them and won't be rushing to complete any of them as soon as I can. Will be keeping it for quite some time.

I like how they combined pick 50 locks and pickpocket 50 times into one achievement. Will likely do that when I go for my thief charcter playthrough.

The other day, I was actually thinking, "I wish you could have families here".

We can get married, but we cant get kids.

Can we? *hopeful*

now i have a question how come Webb x360a has achiements for skyrim?

Can't wait to play it and he's already palying :o

He's an x360a reviewer, so he got a copy before release for his review

Edited by FlevoHD

They're all easy, time-heavy achievements. With a fair guess, I'd say 40hrs for 1000/1000, with a guidebook. This isn't an FPS that you wham-bam-thank-you-ma'am after 10-15 hours. Who wants to rush through everything an Elder Scrolls game has to offer?

Don't spoil the experience by blitzing through the achievements. Take your sweet time. Enjoy the characters, stories and dungeons the creators spent the last three years making.

We can get married, but we cant get kids.

Can we? *hopeful*

I'm not sure. But, I still count a spouse as family--better than being alone. My main hope is that they'll be more interactive or important. In Fable 2, I think, it was cute that you had a quest involving your child, but I felt that other than that, and the initial baby stages, I couldn't fully connect with the family. It wasn't so much "I can't wait to go home and see my little girl" as "Oh crap! I forgot to make her go home and visit her daughter."

You don't have to see the results, but maybe let you train your child (no real stats or anything, but I'd like to see a mother show her child a potion or something).

But, I understand that there's not too much of a chance of seeing that happen soon. So before I hear any complains/disputes, I say this knowing it as a want not an expectation.

I do hope you get a few spouse-related quests. Or, that there are options for more tailored characters, rather than marry generic commoner (It could be an option. I don't always want to wonder if my spouse has to die for the storyline. But, just not only choosing between them). Maybe a few potential faction marriages. Like if they had it in Oblivion, you could marry Vicente and just not do the Purification.

But, I'll probably go for an achievement run first, still making the character I want, but making her up for pretty much anything to get the achievements and experience everything. Then, redo that character and make a few other characters in personalized storylines like I'm doing for Oblivion.

The character I initially made is a mage/healer type that likes to help people. In my first playthrough, I had her join all the factions, and got all the achievements.

Now that I'm back into Oblivion and renting it on the PS3, I playing through again making the choices I'd really have her character make. So, I won't join the Dark Brotherhood, Thieves Guild, etc...she will live in Anvil and favor Dibella (kind of regretting renting the GotY version).

It's definitely nice for the faction related achievements to join 1 OR the other. They seem to have set up the same to be able to get all of the achievements in 1 playthrough, rather than 1 for each faction =). Completionism makes me a happy man!

Yes! Thats one thing I didn't like about Shivering Isles was having to revert back to an old save to become the other duke/duchess.

And I like the achievements. Rather than have us complete retarded tasks, it seems they are just giving incentive to explore all the features of the game.

Does anybody know if there will be missable achievements or will you be able to get them all in 1 playthrough like oblivion???

as far as i can tell no.... unless the specific quest achievements are only available to 1 of the 2 factions

I'm 53 hours in and yet to decide who to "side" with, so worst case just dont decide till much later in the game [still have 23 quests and 20 misc objectives active]

as far as i can tell no.... unless the specific quest achievements are only available to 1 of the 2 factions

I'm 53 hours in and yet to decide who to "side" with, so worst case just dont decide till much later in the game [still have 23 quests and 20 misc objectives active]

Stop rubbing it in that you're that far in the game! Its not fair *crying* but seriously enjoy. Also, does every NPC have a name like in Oblivion? Or have they been well lazy like in Fallout where every character is called Wastelander, Tenpenny Resident, Rivet City Resident etc. That really killed the atomosphere in the game for me, and prevented me playing through more than once.