This game doesn't look promising...

EDIT: So I decided to just go out and buy the game even though Gamefly is shipping it. It's payday, so who cares. Want to see what I thought? Page 3.

How unfortunate. I just recently saw the box cover for this game on gamefly.com and decided to look into it. After reading IGNs hands-on review, they seem to say it will be good. I actually do not have high hopes for this game at all. I think it will be as popular as the game "Legendary" on the 360.

Unfortunate, because I am a sniper to the core. My gamertag (and x360a name) says it all. It is sad that this will be a disgrace to all the true snipers.

If this game comes out in May and actually decides to kick all ass, then I will change my gamertag to "oneshittysniper"

Edited by The Lovat Scout

• Replies 82
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

There's nothing out yet to make the game look bad, so I've got high hopes. Assuming they do a good job with the realism (i.e. bullet drop, wind, bullet penetration, etc.) this could be the best sniper game ever. Considering your CoD sig, I'm going to assume you're one of those people who thinks sniping involves putting cross-hairs on someones head and pulling the trigger. It is sad that people like you disgrace all the true snipers. Before you go off on a game saying it will be awful, try finding some evidence to prove your point. Everything released on this title points towards a realistic sniper game, one that any true sniper would appreciate. Thank you, try again later.

Considering your CoD sig, I'm going to assume you're one of those people who thinks sniping involves putting cross-hairs on someones head and pulling the trigger. It is sad that people like you disgrace all the true snipers. Before you go off on a game saying it will be awful, try finding some evidence to prove your point. Thank you, try again later.

Oh. Hi Taco. Yes, thank you for directly insulting me, you're awesome and definitely worthy of respect...chode. Please do not judge me by my...cod sig. Seriously, thats pathetic. So is Bad Company 2 make you a true (video game) sniper? What about Halo 3? No? Damn. And I don't know you, Sherlock (Taco), but I can tell you I know a lot more about the rifle a sniper carries than what wikipedia can tell you ("assuming" you use that for most of your information). Oh yeah, and Taco, you said "Before you go off on a game saying it will be awful, try finding some evidence to prove your point." Well...I told you in the first post I read the Hands-On review on IGN, sooo...is that not evidence? Why do you think gaming sites make reviews and publish them for the world to see? Christ man, chill out with all your damn hostility. I'm editing this because I replied from my phone earlier and the post had poor grammar and wasn't getting out everything I wanted to. So here it is.

This is being developed and published by City Interactive. A game company I've never ever heard of. Seeing from the trailer just released, I must say I am very impressed with the graphics of the game. It actually reminds me A LOT of the old military movie called "Sniper." The trailer has brought my hopes up from the dumps, but still, I won't expect the best until I've played it. I was just hoping for a well-known developer to make an "all-sniping game" first since most would trust their expertise and experience with the genre. Before the trailer I was disappointed that City Interactive was the first (maybe the only) developer to make this type of game, but now after watching it I am quite impressed. Nonetheless, I will wait until I have either watched a hand-on video, played the demo or tried the retail game.

I was simply stating my opinion of the game. And judging by the trailer of (actual gameplay" I didn't see the Sniper taking any bullet drop or wind speed into account when marking those targets with his crosshairs. I could be wrong though.

PS - Taco if you were offended by me saying you use wikipedia, sorry. That might have been a little over the top but saying I wasn't a "true" (video game) "sniper" because of my cod sig was just stupid.

Oh. Hi Taco. Yes, thank you for directly insulting me, you're awesome and definitely worthy of respect...chode. Please do not judge me by my...cod sig. Seriously, thats pathetic. So is Bad Company 2 make you a true (video game) sniper? What about Halo 3? No? Damn. And I don't know you, Sherlock (Taco), but I can tell you I know a lot more about the rifle a sniper carries than what wikipedia can tell you ("assuming" you use that for most of your information). Oh yeah, and Taco, you said "Before you go off on a game saying it will be awful, try finding some evidence to prove your point." Well...I told you in the first post I read the Hands-On review on IGN, sooo...is that not evidence? Why do you think gaming sites make reviews and publish them for the world to see? Christ man, chill out with all your damn hostility. I'm editing this because I replied from my phone earlier and the post had poor grammar and wasn't getting out everything I wanted to. So here it is.

This is being developed and published by City Interactive. A game company I've never ever heard of. Seeing from the trailer just released, I must say I am very impressed with the graphics of the game. It actually reminds me A LOT of the old military movie called "Sniper." The trailer has brought my hopes up from the dumps, but still, I won't expect the best until I've played it. I was just hoping for a well-known developer to make an "all-sniping game" first since most would trust their expertise and experience with the genre. Before the trailer I was disappointed that City Interactive was the first (maybe the only) developer to make this type of game, but now after watching it I am quite impressed. Nonetheless, I will wait until I have either watched a hand-on video, played the demo or tried the retail game.

I was simply stating my opinion of the game. And judging by the trailer of (actual gameplay" I didn't see the Sniper taking any bullet drop or wind speed into account when marking those targets with his crosshairs. I could be wrong though.

PS - Taco if you were offended by me saying you use wikipedia, sorry. That might have been a little over the top but saying I wasn't a "true" (video game) "sniper" because of my cod sig was just stupid.

lol yu got too much time on yur hand buddy

lol yu got too much time on yur hand buddy

Yeah, I was just trying to get my point across (and throw an insult back at Taco) and when I was done it looked like a typed up an effing essay. And yes, I switched my college hours to Tuesday Thursday so yeah I do have a bit more time. :D

By the way, since I'm kind of big on grammar/spelling, being an english minor...your sentence (if thats what you call it) could make me put a gun to your head :p

You, personally, make me not want to play this game. Fuck you sound like a dick.

I Full-Heartily agree with Lovat here. The trailer looks beautiful, but i didn't see any traces of the Coriolis Effect, Bullet Drop or Wind effect. I would have to say that without those three factors, (including not seeing a Wind Gauge to show where and how fast wind is blowing) that until i see actual hands-on gameplay footage where i can see it being played, this does not look like a promising, all-out, sniping game.

I love sniping, its in my blood. But to make a game like this without the three effects stated above, it'll just be some type of CoD Style game, but just sniping.

^What he said.

I'm a sniper as well but I love the realism in a shot from 1,000 meters away and you have to take into account bullet drop, wind, etc...

Really? I didnt know 14 year olds could be snipers...

I'm 14 and weigh around 135lb. I'm going to the gym constantly and so far I'm looking more lean. If I were you I would be hitting the gym a lot more often than usual. Having muscle instead of fat is a good thing than just losing the fat.

I Full-Heartily agree with Lovat here. The trailer looks beautiful, but i didn't see any traces of the Coriolis Effect, Bullet Drop or Wind effect. I would have to say that without those three factors, (including not seeing a Wind Gauge to show where and how fast wind is blowing) that until i see actual hands-on gameplay footage where i can see it being played, this does not look like a promising, all-out, sniping game.

I love sniping, its in my blood. But to make a game like this without the three effects stated above, it'll just be some type of CoD Style game, but just sniping.

Nice to see someone agrees with me. Sorry but I just figured a company with a little more experience would do a good job.

Graphics look great but aside form that I don't see the real effects a sniper takes into account when in such given situation...

Really? I didnt know 14 year olds could be snipers...

lmao, nice find.

• 2 weeks later...
Oh yeah, and Taco, you said "Before you go off on a game saying it will be awful, try finding some evidence to prove your point." Well...I told you in the first post I read the Hands-On review on IGN, sooo...is that not evidence?

You said the IGN thing said it looked good, so I'm not sure how you're using that as evidence to say it'll be bad :p

Christ man, chill out with all your damn hostility.
But it's so much fun. :(

This is being developed and published by City Interactive. A game company I've never ever heard of.
They all have to start somewhere. If nobody ever bought something made by an unknown company, nobody would ever buy anything.

I was just hoping for a well-known developer to make an "all-sniping game" first since most would trust their expertise and experience with the genre.
No well known developer has the gonads to make it. Strategic, slow paced shooters aren't very popular. A developer isn't going to make a game that's going to only appeal to a small crowd, because the servers and advertisement will cost more than the profits from the game. (Like Sega dropping the ChromeHounds server and ChromeHounds 2 title; a great game with a loyal following of gamers, but too slow paced for most)

I am impossible to offend. And yeah, sorry about that, I'm just an ass by nature. Though you put in more effort than the usual "Fuck you man", so I guess you're not all that bad. :p

Who cares if the game sucks, as long as the achievements are easily attainable, after all isn't that why we're on this particular website.

If you want an "A Game" then get a Tom Clancy or Infinity Ward Game.

Otherwise quite the whining about how bad a game looks before sufficent knowledge about it is available, and focus on achievements. ;)

P.S. Chromehounds Was one of the best online games EVER!!!

Edited by Chronic Comando

^What he said.

I'm a sniper as well but I love the realism in a shot from 1,000 meters away and you have to take into account bullet drop, wind, etc...

Ya that is a game i have yet to see is a hardcore sniping game where u have to make calculations on the field in order to play and not just aim and shoot freely

I am kinda looking forward to this game, even if it is from city interactive that doesn't have a great name after seeing the latest trailers my hopes are up.

I just hope it will come out in the netherlands, because i cant find it yet in the online stores (Pre-order). Time will tell. It would be nice to have a good sniping game for xbox360.

• 2 weeks later...

Enjoy a fully realistic ballistic system that accounts for distance falloff and environmental effects such as wind

Manage your breathing for increased accuracy of sniper shots

Cooperate with your spotter for a better performance

Watch your bullets strike the enemy with pin-point accuracy in Bullet Cam mode

The most realistic and comprehensive sniper shooting experience ever! Tune your weapon, use the information provided by the spotter, check the force and direction of the wind, hold your breath, all in one goal - to improve the accuracy!

Huge levels giving many opportunities for a sniper: find a perfect shooting point, and make sure that no one notices you!

Incredibly detailed landscapes that will give you a realistic feeling of being in the jungles of Columbia

This is what i found on a english website where u can pre order the game!!! Hope its true!!!!

Hopefully this will be amazing, I do alot of target shooting of various sorts outside of games and I am also working on a physics degree so I would be very interested in a game which incorporates a "proper" sniping system (I actually wrote a paper on bullet effects last year, tehe)

The description in the post above ^ sounds great but from the trailer on the dashoard I didn't see anyything in terms of bullet drop, admittidly the distances there it would be hard to see much, but there was nothing. There was no spin on the bullet in the bullet cam and no visible "roll" from the poisson effect which is a shame.

As for someone mentioning the coriolos "force" at those disntances it would be so unnoticable that you wouldn't see anything. Even for a shot from the maximum usable range of a rifle of that calibur, at the optimal place on earth (i.e. where the "force" would be so apparant, the maximum distance from point of shooting would be around 50cm, which is nothing in comparison to wind and bullet drop, and this is at the range where the bullet would be oscillating so much that it would be doubtful to even kill depending on body part.

Finally a rifle of that calibur would cause the bullets to penetrate the skull entirely, however I clearly saw the person in the trailer have to shoot twice for 2 people, one behind the other :( Oh and the stance is a big nono and I didn't see a spotter in the trailer...

And to all you COD/halo/bf2 whatever haters, they're games people, to enjoy, to not have to worry about these things, they don't say perfectly realistic on the box or anything. Go do some shooting in real life and to all the people who think they are good will get a major shock! haha.

Anyways since this says its realistic lets hope it is, if not, I'm going to take it for the game it is, get some achievements and enjoy. At least the graphics are decent.