most underrated gun in battlefield 3?

JORDAN K 95

i would do a poll but there are far too many guns :)

what would you say is the most underrated gun in battlefield 3?

mine would be the ak-74m, ive been using it today with holographic (US) flash suppressor and foregrip, and its a BEAST ive hardly seen anyone using it at all, give it a try sometime.

Edited by JORDAN K 95

• Replies 54
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

m16a3. and svd.

M16? AKA "easy mode", it's the go to gun for "competitive" players, it's not underrated at all (and is the most common gun for people to have 20+ service stars with). My vote goes to the KH2002.

M16? AKA "easy mode", it's the go to gun for "competitive" players, it's not underrated at all (and is the most common gun for people to have 20+ service stars with). My vote goes to the KH2002.

Yea the M16 Pisses me off, Kh2002 is okay for me

I'm sorry, but people need to quit whining about the AR-15 style weapons, they aren't "easy mode" and the only reason they are over-used isn't because they're over-powered, but rather because everything else has been over-nerfed to the point they're some of the only decent weapons left. I'm shocked that people can't see that. I use the M16 now, but at launch I thought it was pretty crap and I much preferred the HK416 and G3 and also saw lots of other people using the AEK and F2000 (actually tons with the F2000). Same with the carbines, I used the M4A1 far before it became a fad and at launch and up until the last few patches I saw FAAAR more people using the G36C, SCAR-H and A-91, but all of those guns have become pretty weak now. Plus, on top of all this, they are default guns, so of course you will see them more than high level unlocks, in my playing today I saw quite a few people under level 25, so I don't think they even have any other decent guns to use.

Ok, that's enough for that rant, but seriously, these nerf criers are the reason this even happened in the first place, so if you just want to blow off some steam because someone was better than you, I suggest you do it outside or something, not by spamming the BF twitter or various forums.

I'm sorry, but people need to quit whining about the AR-15 style weapons, they aren't "easy mode" and the only reason they are over-used isn't because they're over-powered, but rather because everything else has been over-nerfed to the point they're some of the only decent weapons left. I'm shocked that people can't see that. I use the M16 now, but at launch I thought it was pretty crap and

:eek: If that is in any way directed at me, I'd just like to point out a few things:

1) I'm not in any way "whining"

2) The the term "easy mode" in reference to the M16 is widely used and was not coined by me (I merely referred to it to reinforce my point that the M16 is in no way underrated, which is the topic of the thread).

3) I have never called for any weapon to be nerfed/buffed

4) The entire point of the M16 portion of my post was only that it is NOT underrated (if anything I'd say it's over rated, but thats a separate debate), I have always maintained that people can use any gun/equipment they want, it really doesn't matter that much to me.

My only point was that the M16 is probably the last gun that would come to mind when talking about under rated guns in BF3, I don't have a problem with it per se (I actually don't really even like it that much, mostly because of the lack of a bottom 1/3 co witness with the attachable sights), and I don't feel it needs to be nerfed. I don't care if anyone uses it (pretty much everyone does). That said I do see how my use of the term "easy mode" could have left the impression that I was being a whiner, so I felt compelled to clear the record.

/end counter rant.

Edited by gealt

M60E4 - I only ever see the M249 or M240B when it comes to LMGs. The CQ ones (L86 and LSAT) are quite common at present but I think that'll pass in time.

AK-74M - I agree, OP. Not many people use it because there's far too many easy-mode ARs out there with a ridiculous rate of fire and a "LOL DNT NEED 2 AIM @ U" accuracy rating.

M4 - with the full-auto variant readily available from the get-go I don't think many people even realise the burst fire version exists.

M1911 supp. - man, I don't know how many times this thing saved my ass when I was out of primary ammo. Plus the suppressor meant getting rid of enemies without alerting others so I could reload, regroup and move on. Most common side-arm I see is the G18 and the suppressed variant.

870MCS - again, too many easy-mode alternatives in the USAS-12, SAIGA 12K etc mean this little beauty gets used by but a handful of dedicated shotgun users.

m16a3. and svd.

LOL. The M16A3 is far from underrated. In fact it is highly overused due to it being a starting weapon. In the hands of an experienced BF Veteran, that gun is downright bollocks. As for the SVD, out of all of the Sniper Rifles, the SVD and the MK11 MOD 0 are definitely my favorites. Holographic Sight and a Foregrip make for some rage inducing kills.

The ACW-R definitely hasn't gotten the attention that it deserves. That gun is an all-purpose-shoot-a-bitch-in-the-face-at-any-distance kind of underrated. I have 152 kills with it thus far and that is just using it casually.

AN-94. I get killed by this lovely AR maybe once a week, or even less. No one is ever using it, mostly because people just want their easymode M16 and AEK and don't actually bother to aim at people.

In the right hands, the AN-94 will wreck anyone at any distance.

AKS-74U. Same here, never see anyone else using it. I have over 1200 kills with it and I'm loving it more and more every time I use it.

AKS-74U. Same here, never see anyone else using it. I have over 1200 kills with it and I'm loving it more and more every time I use it.

I have 36 kills with this gun and can't recall ever using it. I'm guessing I've randomly picked it up from corpses and rolled with it until dying. After I finish using the ACW-R, maybe I'll give it a whirl and see what all the fuss is about.

it was a joke god damn. i dont get how its easy mode, but i dont get why a shit ton of cry babies are crying cos its 'op' when it really well balanced. and the aek, f2k, "kh2002, AN-94" ( if you know how to use it) can all dominate it in cqb. and ive been using this gun since launch it seems since maybe 2-3 months everybody been using this. i know its over used. but its not over powered.

funny how dice siad the m16 would never get nerfed but cry babies will be cry babies.

Edited by Benny34

it was a joke god damn. i dont get how its easy mode, but i dont get why a shit ton of cry babies are crying cos its 'op' when it really well balanced. and the aek, f2k, kh2002 ( if you know how to use it) can all dominate it in cqb.

The AEK is beast because of it's high rate of fire, the F2000 feels a bit nerfed these days, and I'll be damned if I can get past using the KH2002's horrid iron sights! As for the M16A3, I feel like it dominates me at all ranges. Shit happens though. I would cave in and join the crowd, but I'd rather mix it up and play with all of the guns.

I've started using the .44 and DAMN is that gun a beast. If you can manage the recoil then it is force to be reckoned with. That is assuming you don't mind a realllllllly slow reload time...

I do enjoy that one too. I plan on doing that one next after I finish my REX. Only 393 to go.

AN-94. I get killed by this lovely AR maybe once a week, or even less. No one is ever using it, mostly because people just want their easymode M16 and AEK and don't actually bother to aim at people.

In the right hands, the AN-94 will wreck anyone at any distance.

THIS^^^

That thing is a monster but requires some patience :p

I got my 100 kills and hung it up because I don't play assault much anymore, but am tempted to go back and be one of those proud few for a bit.

.44, Yes. From trial and error in Gun Manster I started to get the hang of it... holy hell.

Edited by Opiate42