Achievement Guide

the_b1ues

• Replies 419
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I don't understand how this game can only have 6/10 for achievement difficulty. This game has missable and glitched achievements, not to mention the horrible online achievements. I don't actually have this game but my mate does and I can see how much of a pain they are. Also on MGC there are only about 10 people who have 1000/1000, this game seems more like a 8 or 9 out of 10 in terms of difficulty.

And all of them hacked it, I don't think anyone has 1000 legit yet. It's definitely a 9-10 difficulty, no question.

i'm about to start playing the story mode for the firsttime. my question is..would i still get the achievements if i play the game on EASY or does it has to be on a specific difficulty setting? ALSO...i understand that i have to get all the north achievements before going to the south. my second question is.....do i have to start the first main missions for each sides first before working on the north achievements and south achievements?

Length is a major factor in calculating the achievement difficulty.

I'm sorry, I just don't see how long length means hard. Like Seriously 2.0 in Gears 2, it's not hard at all, you just boost it in the SP. It takes a long time, but insanely easy to do.

i'm about to start playing the story mode for the firsttime. my question is..would i still get the achievements if i play the game on EASY or does it has to be on a specific difficulty setting? ALSO...i understand that i have to get all the north achievements before going to the south. my second question is.....do i have to start the first main missions for each sides first before working on the north achievements and south achievements?

Difficulty does not effect achievements.

Start the main missions, make sure to subvert every one of them. After each main mission, look for side missions to become available. Check the weapon shop for convoys to hit, cell towers for jobs, etc... Each side has 3 main missions per area, if I remember correctly. Make sure you've found all your buddies and done all cell tower and convoy missions before doing the 6th main mission in the North. Don't worry about meds, you will get the missions to get new meds as you need to, it's related to main missions, so check your map after every one for a marker on the church telling you there's another med mission available.

I haven't played this game since the 2nd week it was out, so if I'm a little off, I apologize. Just make sure you fully read the guide first, so you know what you have to do, you don't wanna have to replay this game, to do all the SP achievements it'll probably take 30-40 hours. Those diamond cases suck ass.

Its hard to get the 8v8 one coz ppl always quit at the end

Either that or the host decides to boot someone for no reason. Who the hell thought giving the host the power of God in a Ranked match was a good idea should be shot.

I'm sorry, I just don't see how long length means hard. Like Seriously 2.0 in Gears 2, it's not hard at all, you just boost it in the SP. It takes a long time, but insanely easy to do.

So you think Far Cry 2 is easy to get 1000 in... so you think it could go on the easy 1000 list... so you would recommend someone to go rent it, because they can "easily" finish it.

Hahahaha.

A game that takes 400 hours, whether or not those 400 hours require skill, is much more difficult than one that takes 10 hours but with skill. You can learn to beat a challenging game in far less than 400 hours.

Skill is relative.

I suck at avatar. I find it takes incredible skill to get the combo multiplier that high. I tried my best and could only get the first achievement. Is avatar a more difficult 1000 than Far Cry 2?

"Difficulty" includes both skill and time required.

I'm going to be starting this game between this or next week. Just one question??? What does subvert mean?? What are you referring to???

Thanks in advance.

When you get a main mission, a minute or 2 after it starts (Red circle), you'll get a phone call from a buddy. Go to him/her (Blue circle) and do their mission instead of the main one. You'll still do the main one, but you'll do extra for a buddy. This is subverting.

• 2 weeks later...

ok i used this guide and i have few questions

is there a buddy location map with their respective names?

what can u miss and or not in order to earn the diamonds achievement?

(i know about the tower cell glitch)

i m supposed to start south district and i have 14/33 main missions 5/12 buddy missions 15/40 subvert missions 3 rebel missions done and 382 diamonds since u guys are smart could you put the exact /correct mission stats we need to have before we are about to go south district?

guides looks good but it seems to need some fix like the 112 north district diamond hidden by the -ZOOM from paint and if i do remember correctly i remember i found one that actually wasnt pointed in the map but it was days ago so i dont remember exactly which one

i think the best thing would be a walktrough achievements guide so everyones happy!!!! thx for all the efforts and no this game is easy as hell!!

Ok, where EXACTLY is the crashed plane? I went to the very north part of the middle north section of the north territory and I searched and couldn't find it.

Also, in the square km section in the north with Pala in it (the middle section of the north territory), 13 diamond cases are present. On your pictures some diamonds on the map are orange, explanation? I tallied 12 diamonds on your map that were normal blue, and on my map in-game I have 13 already, but one of my thirteen was a case that you get after finishing the very first mission from Mike's Bar. Any help?

Thanks

Ok, where EXACTLY is the crashed plane? I went to the very north part of the middle north section of the north territory and I searched and couldn't find it.

Also, in the square km section in the north with Pala in it (the middle section of the north territory), 13 diamond cases are present. On your pictures some diamonds on the map are orange, explanation? I tallied 12 diamonds on your map that were normal blue, and on my map in-game I have 13 already, but one of my thirteen was a case that you get after finishing the very first mission from Mike's Bar. Any help?

Thanks

man i wish i could help you there lets wait for few days someone will answer this

guides looks good but it seems to need some fix like the 112 north district diamond hidden by the -ZOOM from paint and if i do remember correctly i remember i found one that actually wasnt pointed in the map but it was days ago so i dont remember exactly which one

Yeah I remember one diamond that wasn't on the map, I think it was located at the Fresh Fish location.

Here is a map of where the plane crash buddy is http://img114.imageshack.us/my.php?image=planewreckbuddygb7.jpg

On a different note, this guide is horrible, it needs to be rewritten, first of it is full of "I think this and that", "I'll get back to this" and the starting words should express much better how to start the game, I had no idea that the place you start was north, and there is a south location, I thought it was north and south on the map ect. And there should be a much better indication of when it's safe to go south.

Theres a list at the top of the guide of things you need to do before going south how is that not a clear indication.

sure the guide as lots of info and hints but still i couldnt find the damn 2 friends from north district and i dont even know their names i m sure you could work it out and i want to point that i m at 219 diamonds found and i m going to get the last one because there s only 11 blues dots out of 12 diamonds south district middle square YEEESSS i searched for 5 mins before i even started to type this and finally notice the last blue dot kind of hidden upper left and man thats good ok this need to be fixed too so yes i m sure you could do a small walkthrough but i guess this might be a hard task anyways this guide is great and fix this one too online 640 offline 340 i think u forgot 20 bucks there!!!cheers

sure the guide as lots of info and hints but still i couldnt find the damn 2 friends from north district and i dont even know their names i m sure you could work it out and i want to point that i m at 219 diamonds found and i m going to get the last one because there s only 11 blues dots out of 12 diamonds south district middle square YEEESSS i searched for 5 mins before i even started to type this and finally notice the last blue dot kind of hidden upper left and man thats good ok this need to be fixed too so yes i m sure you could do a small walkthrough but i guess this might be a hard task anyways this guide is great and fix this one too online 640 offline 340 i think u forgot 20 bucks there!!!cheers

The reason there is no names it because its different for each game.