Thinking of starting Bioshock 2

unlikeyou

I had somewhat of a love/hate relationship with Bioshock. Picked it up the first week it came out, didn't really enjoy it and put it down. I started it over probably over a year later and played it through entirely, thoroughly enjoying it.

I have heard that the 2nd is fairly different than the first, both in good ways and bad. What are people's thoughts? It seems some people definitely prefer the 1st over the 2nd while others swear by the 2nd. Think I'll get as sucked in as the first?

You probably won't get as sucked into it like its predecessor, but it's still a decent campaign. The exquisiteness and excitement of the multiplayer compensates for the mediocre campaign.

However, the DLC (specifically Minerva's Den) is extremely amazing and I found it better than the actual campaign.

• 1 month later...
  • 2 months later...

The SP experience in Bioshock 2 was almost as good as it was in the first game, so this game is a worthy successor of a classic. It fixed some problems, developed other and and invented something new, plus it has a multiplayer, which is quite aimless experience, but still fun for those into it. Still hope that the Infinite is a single player experience only.

• 4 weeks later...

Sorry to be reviving a dormant thread, but I have a question for you guys. I recently took advantage of Gamestop's 3 used games for the price of 2 deal, and one of the games I picked up was Bioshock 2. I was aiming to get the original but my store didn't have a copy available. My question to you guys is, having not played either game before and having not started Bioshock 2 yet, should I purchase the original Bioshock and play through that first, or would sticking with Bioshock 2 and if I enjoy it getting the first be acceptable?

I highly recommend playing the first one before touching BS2. There's a lot of story elements in BS1 that are outright spoiled in the second one. BS2 more or less assumes you've played the first one already.

Sorry to be reviving a dormant thread, but I have a question for you guys. I recently took advantage of Gamestop's 3 used games for the price of 2 deal, and one of the games I picked up was Bioshock 2. I was aiming to get the original but my store didn't have a copy available. My question to you guys is, having not played either game before and having not started Bioshock 2 yet, should I purchase the original Bioshock and play through that first, or would sticking with Bioshock 2 and if I enjoy it getting the first be acceptable?

Biit late now but can see only posted a few days ago, I was reading about Bioshock Infinite, sounded interested, played the demo for Bioshock, enjoyed and ended up buying Bioshock 1 and 2 together. Bioshock 1 was amazing, and finding 2 really fun is well, lots of exploring involved. There are references to the first, so play that to have a better understanding.

• 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...

I am going back through 2 and trying to knock out some achievements,they are both fun games.I like 2 better but not by much,they are both really cheap so anyone is on the fence about getting them just do it.

Edited by Corpse87

• 3 months later...
  • 8 months later...
  • 5 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...