mysterious locked door in chapter 1

drink to bones

I'm afraid I don't know how to do spoiler tags, but there will be [rather mild] spoilers about chapter 1 and chapter 11 in this post.

I looked through a dozen pages of threads, but couldn't find this mentioned anywhere [if it has been, and I just missed it, my apologies, and could I have a link?].

I'm on my second playthrough, and I was just on my way back to the shuttle bay to prep the USG Kellion for departure as per Hammond's orders, when I noticed a locked door. It's in the hallway where you are chased by your very first necromorph into the elevator, and, rather unlike most of the doors in the game, does not feature a scrolling marquee above the doorframe telling you where it leads. It does, however, have the glowing red lights and hologram of the word "LOCKED" that indicates it is, at some point, accessible.

However, being that it is locked now, and that the door that leads to that hallway is locked when you return to the flight deck in chapter 11, I am positive I have never been in that room. Has anyone else? Am I just a big goof, or have I found a glitch or a "developers-only" sort of thing?

I'm afraid I don't know how to do spoiler tags, but there will be [rather mild] spoilers about chapter 1 and chapter 11 in this post.

I looked through a dozen pages of threads, but couldn't find this mentioned anywhere [if it has been, and I just missed it, my apologies, and could I have a link?].

I'm on my second playthrough, and I was just on my way back to the shuttle bay to prep the USG Kellion for departure as per Hammond's orders, when I noticed a locked door. It's in the hallway where you are chased by your very first necromorph into the elevator, and, rather unlike most of the doors in the game, does not feature a scrolling marquee above the doorframe telling you where it leads. It does, however, have the glowing red lights and hologram of the word "LOCKED" that indicates it is, at some point, accessible.

However, being that it is locked now, and that the door that leads to that hallway is locked when you return to the flight deck in chapter 11, I am positive I have never been in that room. Has anyone else? Am I just a big goof, or have I found a glitch or a "developers-only" sort of thing?

just got to chapter 11 on impossible maybe ill try it out.

I searched that level throughly the first time as well to find a way in and gave up. As stated above, it opens up later, just make sure to enter that area when you are able to.

The whole game is like this. Many areas and lockers that you are unable to open become available on the second visit (if there is a second visit).

• 4 weeks later...
I searched that level throughly the first time as well to find a way in and gave up. As stated above, it opens up later, just make sure to enter that area when you are able to.

The whole game is like this. Many areas and lockers that you are unable to open become available on the second visit (if there is a second visit).

My mistake- I could have sworn that it was still locked when you returned to the flight deck in chapter 11. That's what I get for trusting my memory instead of playing through and checking it out again. Thanks :)