Pizza?

So I just completed the DLC.

I have got the achievement for the 3D Glasses, and the story-related ones.

I am sure that all I need is the pizzas for the "What a party!" achievement, but so far I have not found a single piece.

Where do you find the pizzas?!

I was told they are all drops from Claptraps, but how can this be if I have not found a single one.

Also, are the bobbleheads dropped from Claptraps, because I don't even have any of them yet too!

Thanks.

• Replies 69
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

So I just completed the DLC.

I have got the achievement for the 3D Glasses, and the story-related ones.

I am sure that all I need is the pizzas for the "What a party!" achievement, but so far I have not found a single piece.

Where do you find the pizzas?!

I was told they are all drops from Claptraps, but how can this be if I have not found a single one.

Also, are the bobbleheads dropped from Claptraps, because I don't even have any of them yet too!

Thanks.

They do drop from the claptraps, admittedly with a very poor drop rate though. :(

• 3 weeks later...
Gearbox apparently has a problem with Italian cuisine, if not all of Italy. Pizza Hut doesn't deliver to Pandora, and no one wants to go pick it up from the store. Therefore, pizza has gone extinct on Pandora.

:biglaugh

In order to get pizzas (and bobbleheads), keep farming MINAC (for hours). I know, it's such a pain, but it's the only solution until GB release the patch (and I'm not sure it will change the drop rate) :(

UPDATE: I farmed MINAC yesterday for prolly 5 hrs and I was able to pick up an amazing 4 pieces of pizza...and about the same amount of bobbleheads. This is ridiculous. Gearbox should set the drop rate in proportion to the amount of time it takes to play through the DLC.

I beat every single mission in about 2 hours...and that was me playing and taking my time and seeing everything. That being said...I shouldn't have to hang around and milk an exploit for an extra 10 hrs to get 4 cheeves worth 10 gscore a piece.

Yeah, the drop rate for the pizza is pathetic. If they knew that you were only likely to see a couple of them they should have made the requirements much lower. I did the boss farming for 4 hours and only got 1 pizza from it (I had at that point already played through the junk yard several times without any luck).

It's a pity that they threw in this many collecting-achievements. They aren't that funny and these don't even connect well to the story in my humble opinion. Why would the claptraps even have these things? In Zombie Island it was at least plausible to think that a zombie might want to eat brains. :)

This however is just weird. They should have left the Tannis-quests in and removed the others. The new maps are huge they could easily have made another 4 smaller missions to do instead.

but if they didnt add this stupid collecting achievements they wouldnt have had any other achievements. I mean this new dlc is so short, you got the boss achievements right after the other after the other....

edit: not that im supporting them, im sure thats the reason they put them in to make more achievements.

It's a pity that they threw in this many collecting-achievements. They aren't that funny and these don't even connect well to the story in my humble opinion. Why would the claptraps even have these things? In Zombie Island it was at least plausible to think that a zombie might want to eat brains. :)
Couldn't agree more - these collectathon achievements are TERRIBLE! :mad:

It might be also that the drop rate could increase the more people you play with during your "Clap-Trap Pizza Farming". I know it was the case for rare weapons to drop during game play (having a full team of 4 players increasing rare weapons drop chance).

I however, having the same issue have only had a mere slice drop during a full run-through of the new DLC.

Also (I know I have this on my Siren: Catalyst Class Mod) equipping a Rare Item Drop class Mod (not a moded game piece, simply what the item is called). The one on my Siren increases "Team Find Rare Items" by 2. I may be way off on this, but it could be worth a try if it's not otherwise known to affect this particular items drop chance.

In order to get pizzas (and bobbleheads), keep farming MINAC (for hours). I know, it's such a pain, but it's the only solution until GB release the patch (and I'm not sure it will change the drop rate) :(

I found all the bobbleheads without farming, they were located mostly in places that were up on top of buildings that make it a bit of a challenge in order to figure out how to get to it. However, when looking for possible chest locations (which is also in; sometimes, hard to reach high locations) I stumbled across the bobbleheads. Do not know if this helps too much, but maybe give some hope to at least know farming isn't completely necessary for one of the two. Although, I hope the update fixes this as well.

The borderlands official forums noted on 10/18 that they were in the certification stage; so hopefully if the update fixes the drop rates we'll know very soon. :)

I found all the bobbleheads without farming, they were located mostly in places that were up on top of buildings that make it a bit of a challenge in order to figure out how to get to it.

The bobbleheads you are referring to aren't the same as the ones other people are referring to. You are speaking of the Marcus bobbleheads, it seems, while everyone else was referring to the Claptrap Bobbleheads needed for the achievement.

Also (I know I have this on my Siren: Catalyst Class Mod) equipping a Rare Item Drop class Mod (not a moded game piece, simply what the item is called). The one on my Siren increases "Team Find Rare Items" by 2. I may be way off on this, but it could be worth a try if it's not otherwise known to affect this particular items drop chance.

It does affect the drops because I use that Mod as well. I get pizza slices almost as much as I get Off-Shore Oil Cans/Bobbleheads, which is about 4 every 2 hours of MINAC farming

After reading what everyone is saying I'm almost more frustrated with this than before. How can any sane developer put achievements into such a short DLC of this kind?

Farming is seldom that fun and the drop rates for several of these items are simply put disgraceful. I have been farming MINAC for probably 7-8 hours. During this time I've gotten 2 pizzas. As I've said before, the maps for this DLC were huge. They should have made at least a handful of smaller quest that were tied to achievements. The Tannis-quests were ok but these others are just boring and not that logical either. Why would robots have these things? (aside from maybe the oil cans) It all reeks of laziness which is sad seeing as previous achievements have been fun and varied.

I sincerely hope that they change the drop rates with the patch. If not I will probably end up farming for another 12+ hours before getting all of these pizzas. Doing that in a DLC that can be finished in 2-3 hours is just weird.

Due to the glitch I still haven't got the achievements, but I have collected all that is needed. All done with a Siren with the find rare items class mod equipped. Just got to the Mimac, found a safe place and went to bed. Next day I had everything I needed. Just too bad that I already had activated all Claptrap statues.

Now that I've read all of the posts, I have something I want to say. The drop rate for all the 'what a party' items is laughable; but then again I killed MINAC and the claptraps still show up in all the areas that you went through in the DLC. So far I've had to resort to actually keeping a tally on the items I've acquired. Since I have no clue how many I picked up in the Playthrough 2 (MINAC is impossible solo on that), I started over in Playthrough 1. So far I found 2 bobbleheads, 2 Off-shore Oil cans and 3 pizzas.

The best place I found to farm for them is Dividing Faults, after killing all of them the map respawns them whenever you leave that section for a while. Apparently this means that Pizza Pie is not extinct on Pandora Nei Debrusc. :D

The best place I found to farm for them is Dividing Faults, after killing all of them the map respawns them whenever you leave that section for a while. Apparently this means that Pizza Pie is not extinct on Pandora Nei Debrusc. :D

You can use there and the Junkyard and just run back and forth, the respawn times are perfect.

UPDATE: I farmed MINAC yesterday for prolly 5 hrs and I was able to pick up an amazing 4 pieces of pizza...and about the same amount of bobbleheads. This is ridiculous. Gearbox should set the drop rate in proportion to the amount of time it takes to play through the DLC.

I beat every single mission in about 2 hours...and that was me playing and taking my time and seeing everything. That being said...I shouldn't have to hang around and milk an exploit for an extra 10 hrs to get 4 cheeves worth 10 gscore a piece.

Feel your pain bud :(

As I speak my Xbox has be farming nearly 4 hours and i've gotten 4 bobbleheads (and 3 pizzas although i've gotten the 3D glasses achievement so i've probably glitched it)

What a disapointing final DLC :(

I did the farming method for ten hours on the last boss and only got 10 pizzas last week. I'm going for ten more hours today so I should get 5 more, I hope.