Easy way to beat the harvester's second form with a mage.

newbsicle

As soon as you start you'll want to locate an alcove which enemies cannot enter, yet it allows you to cast spells outwards. To find this spot cross the steps from which you came ( they are no longer on fire) and you should notice an alcove, which uses a small wall to hide you from incoming attacks. Go behind the wall and make sure nobody follows you behind. If an enemy does follow you in, run out from behind the wall and then back in again.

Now that you're here you can laugh your ass off!!! Nobody will come in after you as long as you stay behind the walls cover, though should you cast a spell that pulls you out, or should you come out from the walls cover an enemy will come in after you.

To lure the harvester in stand directly behind the wall slowly moving towards the middle of it. The harvester should then move in and stay on the opposite side of the wall enabling you to cast spells that do not need a direct line of sight. Spells like - cone of cold, flame blast, earthquake and shock will all work.

• 2 weeks later...
Does it only work on the second form, or on the first as well? This fight is making me cry like a little girl.

It only works on the second form. The stairs that you need to backtrack over in order to get to the alcove are still on fire during the first form. At least that's how I remember it.

I was thinking about downloading this DLC, is it really that hard?

Well, you only have to do the boss fight on Hard, so it's not all that bad. And using this method the boss is helpless against your area of effect spells. He can't touch you once you're in the alcove. Even if someone comes into the alcove after you, just jam yourself all the way into the corner and they'll ignore you.

• 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 3 years later...

I don't know how this is not sticki'd yet! This is TRULY the easiest and fastest way to deal with this dude, I was retarded enough not to realize I had to use the levers to destroy the corpses, the first time I got to the second phase was the only one I needed to kill it with this method. 10/10 would rate again!.