Achievement Guide

Asturgis

- Estimated achievement difficulty : 3/10

- Offline : 3 (100http://live.xbox.com/xweb/lib/images/G_Icon_External.gif)

- Online : 0

- Approximate amount of time to 100http://live.xbox.com/xweb/lib/images/G_Icon_External.gif : 1-2 hours

- Minimum number of playthroughs needed : 1

- Number of missable achievements : 2

- Do cheat codes disable achievements ? : No cheats

- Does difficulty affect achievements ? No

- Glitchy achievements : See below

- Unobtainable achievements : One person said none unlocked. 2 had trouble with Last Stand. I think it's fine.

INTRODUCTION :

Only 3 achieves here, but there are also some upgrades to find during your playthrough, and 2 achieves can be missed. I will help you through those and help you get those upgrades and all collectables.

Know that you can get a few conciliation/paradigm boosts : when you accept the mission, when you have the choice between calling the Normandy for evac or warning the colonies, when you speak to Dr. Kenson in the reactor room, and during the final talk with her for 20 little points.

Thanks to Gravedigger31133 for the pictures.

http://tiles.xbox.com/tiles/R0/j6/0zc8P2NhbC8wCRsFG1lTWUNFL2FjaC8wLzNEAAAAAVBQUPzVSFs=.jpgThe Ultimate Sacrifice - 50http://live.xbox.com/xweb/lib/images/G_Icon_External.gif

Complete the Arrival DLC pack.

Well, this one is self-explanatory. You can play on Casual, but beware of something important : if you're a completionist, you cannot get all the "collectables" like cash and resources and audio logs while going for the stealth achievement. To do both, save and reload when I will tell you in my third achievement walkthrough.

All collectables :

• 400 Iridium when you turn left after activating the bridge.
  • Heavy weapons ammo upgrade in the corner room, hidden behind the flames before going up.
  • 400 cr and audio log in the same room.
  • 400 cr in the room after the 2 first guards.
  • 400 Iridium in the room left of that, BEFORE jumping down.
  • Audio log and 400 cr in the room with the 2 guards.
  • Medi-gel upgrade and 1200 Iridium by moving the right crate with the crane in the crane room.
  • Health pack and data pad under the elevator after you send it back up.
  • 1000 cr in the room where you rescue Dr. Kenson.
  • Health pack and ammo down the next stairs.
  • Heavy weapon ammo on the left in the landing room.
  • 450 Palladium behind your shuttle.
  • 1050 cr when you examine the console right of the door, same room.
  • 525 Palladium just before the second door you have to open.
  • Health pack in your holding cell (after you take your gear back).
  • Audio log and data pad, same room.
  • 1320 cr where the little mechs are.
  • 250 Zero Element and audio log in the bedroom, before exiting this area.
  • 1320 cr in the crew quarters, where the little mechs are.
  • Audio log and 1360 cr in the safe in the kitchen area.
  • Audio log in the office area.
  • 250 Zero Element, same area.
  • Health pack in the control room after the fight.
  • 200 Zero Element in the reactor room.
  • 200 Zero Element after you take the elevator up.
  • Health pack after taking the elevator down.
  • 1000 cr in the same room, by picking up the data pad.
  • 200 Zero Element in the opposite room, after crossing the plasma.
  • 200 Zero Element after taking the elevator up.
  • 1000 cr in the data pad after the next elevator.
  • 3000 cr in the safe in the next room.
  • 200 Zero Element, same room.
  • Health upgrade for Shepard in the left room BEFORE the Comm Tower door.
  • 525 Palladium and 1400 cr in the same room.
  • 2100 cr before the air lock.
  • Heavy weapons ammo in the next room.

http://tiles.xbox.com/tiles/vq/NY/1jc8P2NhbC83CRsFG1lTWUNFL2FjaC8wLzNDAAAAAVBQUPl3o6I=.jpgLast Stand - 25http://live.xbox.com/xweb/lib/images/G_Icon_External.gif

Survive all five waves in the battle for Object Rho.

This one is missable, because you can get knocked down but won't actually die, and the story will go on.

You have to survive 5 waves of attackers, so if you get downed, immediately DASHBOARD OUT.

Luckily, I found an exploit to win the fight easily. At the start of the fight, do not stay there but go to your right, up the little stairs and take cover behind the small side of the console here. You should be in a little corner behind the console's left side if you look at it, and have a glass railing on your left, then the stairs. I repeat : between the glass and the console's side. Now you will hardly ever be attacked from the left, and all attacks towards you will finish in your little console wall. And the best part is ? You can shoot THROUGH it, without getting out of cover.

Some classes find hiding behind the "L" shaped console on the left side of the room better for the YMIR fight because the Mech doesn't rush you there (see pic below). I prefer the right side, so try both !

For those who want to play fair, beware of grenades that will knock you out of cover, and here are my tips :

1. Wave 1 : regular Soldiers with regular weapons. Just go hide in the corner I previously talked about. Even if there is a passage on your left, the enemy will hardly ever take it unless you come out of cover for an ammo run (they will hide behind the 2 columns instead), making it the best cover in the room. Same goes for the left side of this symmetrical room.
  2. Wave 2 : regular Soldiers with 2 Heavy's with Flamethrowers. Theses guys can rape you, so again, use "my" cover and you will be safe. You can even detonate one guy's tank when the other is next to him and take the 2 down in 1 shot on Casual.
  3. Wave 3 : regular Soldiers with 1 Heavy Vanguard and 1 Heavy Flamethrower. The first is a pushover and won't rush you, so eat away his armor, and ice him. Be careful with the Flamethrower Heavy because he WILL rush you.
  4. Wave 4 : regular Soldiers with 1 Heavy Engineer and 1 Heavy Flamethrower. The first is a pushover and won't rush you, so eat away his shields, and ice him. Be careful with the Flamethrower Heavy because he WILL rush you.
  5. Wave 5 : same, plus an YMIR Mech. Yeah. In close quarters. Yeah... If you're playing a maxed-out Infiltrator like me that can do 1000 points of damage in one shot, go into Tactical Cloak and headshot the Mech twice with your Widow and it will go nuclear, so move your ass out of cover after that ! If you're playing another class, use Power Armor or Heavy Geth Shield Boost with a combo of Heavy Overload, Heavy Incinerate and/or Heavy Warp, the best biotic power in the game. Try to use Warp Ammo as well, again the best ammo in the game. And use your best weapon, of course, depending on your class. Too bad the frag grenades from Mass Effect 1 aren't there anymore.

Here is a pic by bblnx :

http://www.jeux-critique.fr/images/succes/mass-effect-2-l-arrivee/abri.jpg

http://tiles.xbox.com/tiles/1L/Aa/0jc8P2NhbC8xCRsFG1lTWUNFL2FjaC8wLzNFAAAAAVBQUP01sMg=.jpgCovert Action - 25http://live.xbox.com/xweb/lib/images/G_Icon_External.gif

Rescue Dr. Amanda Kenson without attracting hostile attention.

Here is a detailed walkthrough, with collectables :

When you start the DLC and arrive on the planet, start by cutting the power, opening the door, then make your way towards the bridge. The controls on your level are broken, so you have no choice but to get down using the left stairs and getting noticed by the Varen. Shepard will probably even tell you so, but fear not for your stealth-related achieve, because Varens do not count.

Activate the controls, go back upstairs and cross the bridge. Progress until you have to shut down the lasers, releasing another Varen. Then shoot the gas pipe. Manipulate the valves so you can access the door in the right corner of this floor. Do not go for the upper door just yet. The valves you need to turn are the one in front of you, then the next (releasing another Varen), then the last at the end of the hallway. Travel backwards to the "secret" room, where you will find your first upgrade (ammo increase for your heavy weapons) and some cash in a box. Manipulate the valves again and go for the upper door. Nothing of interest here.

When you arrive outside, I would suggest you saved. Walk straight ahead, the 2 guards on the left won't see you. Kill the lasers, then make your way up the truck using it's rear (with the tail lights). DO NOT approach the guards, or you're toast. Go inside the door, take the cash in the little box, then go right. Do not open any door. At the fork, go left and explore the back room for some Iridium, then get back on track and jump down (no turning back now). Go up the stairs, hide right next to the open door with the 2 guards (ammo behind you), and SAVE. If you go for the collectables in the room, you will get burned. So SAVE here so you can reload later, after you get your achieve, if you want to get every item (in the room, you will find cash and an audio log).

Now get to cover on the left of the door, and you will see a guard going into a distant door, patrolling. Do not be scared. As a matter of fact, follow him and enter the door when you see an air patrol landing. You can hide behind the railing when the ship lands, but it's not an obligation. Inside, you're alone. Activate the crane, then the elevator. Go down. Activate the elevator again for a data pad and a health pack. Take the door, the cash on the left and cut off the lasers. Now stick to the right wall and the left guard in the small room (which is empty) that is staring right at you won't see you. It's kind of stupid, but hey... So continue down the hall, turn left and open the door.

Achievement unlocked AFTER THE SCENE.

Edited by Asturgis

• Replies 62
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

One achievement glitched for me, i cleared the whole place without getting detected except for the varren. Didn't pop, so i came here to see how you avoided the varren, but apparently you can't so now i want to know why it glitched for me. Do you have to loot all the stuff? Since i skipped the thing in the locker since there was 2 guards in that room.

Anyway will remake it now, got a save at the start of the mission, i even got the survival achievement on Insanity, although i died like 3 times and just loaded.

http://tiles.xbox.com/tiles/1L/Aa/0jc8P2NhbC8xCRsFG1lTWUNFL2FjaC8wLzNFAAAAAVBQUP01sMg=.jpgCovert Action - 25http://live.xbox.com/xweb/lib/images/G_Icon_External.gif

Rescue Dr. Amanda Kenson without attracting hostile attention.

When you start the DLC and arrive on the planet, start by sabotaging the door, then make your way towards the bridge. The controls on your level are broken, so you have no choice but to get down using the left stairs and getting noticed by the Varen. Shepard will probably even tell you so, but fear not for your stealth-related achieve, because Varens do not count. You can always try to use the Cloaking perk if you play a sniper to kill the Varen, but honestly it is a waste of time.

Activate the controls, go back upstairs and cross the bridge. Progress until you have to shoot the gas pipe. Do so (releasing another Varen), and manipulate the valves so you can access the door ON THIS FLOOR, on the right corner. Do not go for the upper door just yet. The valves you need to turn are the one in front of the door and the one at the end of the left hallway. In this "secret" room, you will find your first upgrade (ammo increase for your heavy weapons) and some cash in a box. Manipulate the valves again and go for the upper door. Nothing of interest here.

When you arrive outside, I would suggest you saved. Walk straight ahead, the 2 guards on the left won't see you. Kill the power lines, then make your way up the truck using it's rear (with the tail lights). DO NOT approach the guards, or you're toast. Go inside the door, take the cash in the little box, then go right. Do not open any door, of course, or you will find the guards. At the fork, go left and explore the back room for some Iridium, then get back on track and jump down (no turning back now !). Go up the stairs, hide right next to the open door with the 2 guards (ammo behind you), and SAVE. If you go for the collectables in the room, you will get burned. So SAVE here so you can reload later, after you get your achieve, if you want to get every item like me :)

In the room, you will find cash and an audio log. Now get to cover on the left of the door, and you will see a guard going into a distant door, patrolling. Do not be scared. As a matter of fact, follow him and enter the door when you see an air patrol landing. You can hide behind the railing when the ship lands, but it's not an obligation. Inside, you're alone. Activate the crane, then the elevator. Go down again. Activate the elevator again for a datapad and a health pack. Take the door, the cash on the left and cut the lasers. Now stick to the right wall and the left guard in the small room (which is empty) that is staring right at you won't see you. It's kind of stupid, but it's the case. So continue down the hall, turn left and open the door.

Achievement unlocked AFTER THE SCENE.

followed step by step and unlocked :bow: Thank you

To survive the waves just go to the left of the room when you start and go in the corner behind an L shaped desk. They wont even come near you.

I did the exact same thing; worked like a charm. My strategy for when the Mech showed up, I used my Singularity Heavy Weapon on it. This also helped with crowd control.

Also, when you take control of the Loki Mech, it blew my mind! A nice change of pace. Very well-done, Bioware.

In all, I think The Arrival DLC was relatively too short.

Good guide, by the way.

Edited by Redemption Mode

To survive the waves just go to the left of the room when you start and go in the corner behind an L shaped desk. They wont even come near you.

My method is exactly the same, on the right side LOL. I have edited stuff according to your comments guys but english isn't my first language so if I made mistakes please tell me.

One achievement glitched for me, i cleared the whole place without getting detected except for the varren. Didn't pop, so i came here to see how you avoided the varren, but apparently you can't so now i want to know why it glitched for me. Do you have to loot all the stuff? Since i skipped the thing in the locker since there was 2 guards in that room.

Anyway will remake it now, got a save at the start of the mission, i even got the survival achievement on Insanity, although i died like 3 times and just loaded.

you know i just did this too and it didnt unlock for me, cleared the whole thing without being seen and i still didnt get the achievement.

I was able to get the stealth achievement on Insane, just make sure to open the door at the end that triggers the cut scene, not the door right by the guards you sneak by, or they'll see you.

Also, in the crane section, before you lower the vehicle lift you can use the crane to move the boxes and get a medigel upgrade.