The greatest game i've ever played

TPF_Raiden

I've just completed Nier and I'd just like to say this is the best game I've ever played for the 360, it is truly a masterpiece. The narrative is beautiful, the soundtrack is sublime and i'm not sure about you people but I felt great empathy for all of the characters. I really hope there is some sort of follow up.

SPOILERS SPOILERS SPOILERS

-------------------------------

I've also just realised that the Character you play in the present and the character you play through out the game are not the same person. The person you play as in the present is the now Shadowlord, which is why Grimoire Noir calls Wiess a traitor, because Wiess helped the Shadowlord defend his Yonah against the shades, only to team up with the Shadowlords shell to defeat him. The game is fantastic...

I've just completed Nier and I'd just like to say this is the best game I've ever played for the 360, it is truly a masterpiece. The narrative is beautiful, the soundtrack is sublime and i'm not sure about you people but I felt great empathy for all of the characters. I really hope there is some sort of follow up.

SPOILERS SPOILERS SPOILERS

-------------------------------

I've also just realised that the Character you play in the present and the character you play through out the game are not the same person. The person you play as in the present is the now Shadowlord, which is why Grimoire Noir calls Wiess a traitor, because Wiess helped the Shadowlord defend his Yonah against the shades, only to team up with the Shadowlords shell to defeat him. The game is fantastic...

Totally agree with you. An absolutely fantastic game that does not have the recognition that it deserves. When you say about the person you play in the future... Do you mean after unpetrifying Kaine? Always thought it was the same guy. :confused:

Totally agree with you. An absolutely fantastic game that does not have the recognition that it deserves. When you say about the person you play in the future... Do you mean after unpetrifying Kaine? Always thought it was the same guy. :confused:

I mean the person in the prologue who uses the Iron Pipe and then the person why uses a One-Handed/Two-Handed/spear. I've completed it multiple times now and I understand the story perfectly. It's so bleak.

• 2 months later...
  • 1 month later...

Definitely an underrated game. The soundtrack was great and the story was top notch. Yes, the voice acting and the dialogues were weak at time and it was graphically a rather poor game for the year it came out in, but otherwise really fun. Sometimes people should not listen to external opinions and see for themselves. sometimes

I just hit the new posts tabs and seen the Nier forum thread pop up and had to come by and agree with you about how fantastic this game was. I havent played it in a yr now but it still sticks in my head. You cant help but fall in love with the characters. I do wish there was some type of sequel but if not I am truly glad I played this overlooked title.

• 2 months later...
Can buy this game in a local store for £4.99 ($8-$10), is it worth it then? Heard terrible things about it at launch but I really like the look of Nier! Opinions?

It really is a good game, most of my friends didnt care for it, but i really did enjoy it and i would like to see Square release more from the same world, not that it will ever happen :/

• 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 1 year later...

I usually try to have one JRPG going alongside every other game that I play. I have enjoyed JRPGS for many years and still tries to set aside enough gaming time to enjoy them.

At the moment (a moment which is now very long indeed) I am playing through FFXIII. When that is done I was thinking about playing Nier. After reading this thread I'm almost tempted to start with it even though I haven't finished FFXIII yet. :p

If the game is as good as a lot of you seems to think it is a shame that it barely got noticed when it first came out.

• 1 month later...
  • 3 months later...

Absolutely loved this game, it had such a great story, wonderfully developed characters, a great soundtrack and really unique and well designed enemies. The boss battles were awesome and at times epic, the combat was well balanced and responsive and was tailored well to the players choice of fighting style, especially with the use of the words that you could learn and use to improve various skills.

The only downsides to the game were the somewhat tedious side quests and the huge amount of grinding and farming needed to get items for weapon upgrades.

Definitely one of my all time favourite games though, not for everyone, but a highly unique and enjoyable experience and most certainly a very under rated game.

• 1 month later...

NIER is most definitely one of the most radiant gems of its generation. Finally finished the grind and with it all achievements.

Touching storyline, interesting lore and memorable characters with great voice acting (Weiss is my favourite, could listen to that guy just talk for hours!) are some of the high points for me. Gameplay is nothing special but does what it should just fine. The save game deleting thing was also done nicely.

I'm contemplating buying a PS3 just so I can play Drakengard 3 now.

• 2 months later...