How does this DLC work?

gemnian

It seems a little odd that we spend so much time building a character and then we have to play as someone else. Is this the case? I haven't got any of the DLC yet because I want to do everything else first. Can anyone explain to me how both these DLCs work in reference to my main save/carachter please? I have tried googling but haven't found much.

(Edit; never mind ... no achievements = greedy developers = no buy)

Thanks

Edited by gemnian

Aside from the no achievements, the Ryder White DLC forces you to play a single player campaign as Ryder as he attempts to stop the spread of the infection and save his wife Emily from the prison. There is no leveling available, and the entire campaign, at about 2 or 3 hours long, is strictly linear.

One decent thing about it, at least in my own opinion, is the story. It connects fairly well to some of the events and places that the main group sees and experiences, and the whole story really comes together to build up to what's to come.

I loved the original Dead Island game itself, but I hated that crappy Arena DLC and I can't stand this Ryder garbage either. Aside from never ending spawning enemies, and the fact that I'm back in Moresby, the sewers and the prison areas AGAIN, it also sucks that when you die instead of respawning you like the main game does you have to choose whether to reload you previous save or quit. Can't say I'm enjoying getting zerged by millions of enemies, never even giving me time to clear an area and check for items before the next wave of infected come rushing at me. This DLC is garbage, avoid it at all costs.

• 1 year later...
Shouldn't it be about whether it's FUN or not? There's more to gaming than achievements, not like they give u anything in game other than some points that don't mean anything and a virtual badge that you can't wear anywhere!

So is it FUN? :woop:

Not sure if its the same on 360 but on PC the saves are checkpoint based, die and you get set back to the last checkpoint but with the same ammo you had when you died. I got really frustrated with playing as on one part i died 4-5 times and had nothing left except melee and there is far to many zombies at once to not have guns, ended up giving up.

The story was good up to that point though.