Did anyone actually USE Jahvik?

jules the great

• Replies 93
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

This was one of the first missions I did and I used the Prothean on ONE side mission. Never really saw any value with using him instead of Liara or Garrus or even James. Anyone see any value? Am I missing something here regarding his usefulness?

I kept him for my whole first playthrough. He adds a lot of interesting dialogue. Has some funny things to say.

But purely on combat efficiency, ya we have better options than him imo.

Guest Scotty

ive used him quite a bit, just because i find him interesting. i also love the fact that bioware created dialogue for him and others regarding him throughout the game, they could have just been lazy and kept him quiet in cutscenes, but people interact with him because he's obviously unique.

I have been using him and liking him quite a bit over Liara. His Dark channel has a fast recharge time and works great. He also starts with a assault rifle over Liaras pistol. I do enjoy his comments in conversations, he has a dark/negative comment for everything.

i used him quite a bit, but only because the overall squad given to you was weak

Only liked Garrus & Liara, Ashley pisses me off, james felt like some forced military sterotype, EDI was more for shock which was interesting but i didn't like her as a squad member & tali died after i sided with the geth

Squad was pretty rubbish this time round tbh, only salvaged by my true love of Garrus lmao, been my main squad member through all playthroughs

Javik was good compared to the rest. would have happily traded him for a Krogan though

pissed there was no Krogan squad member

Fucking love the Krogan

I am with Blaze while Javik isn't the best fighter his particle beam weapon and dark channel are amazingly devistating weapons to use. The unlimited ammo is something I will think about when it comes to my insane playthrough, but for anything less I stuck mainly with Garrus and Liara.

I used him in maybe 2 missions, I think I was a little too attached to Garrus, Tali, and Liara because I've used them for so long.

I will probably use him in future playthroughs once I set up a decent profile for it. Turns out the profiles I had available for import didn't do any DLC in ME2 and had some interesting choices that ruined a lot of dialogue for me.

Unlike most here I did not use him at all. I've played my 1st playthrough with Liara/Vega/EDI

I found my adept to be invincible teamed up with Liara. Used Vega as a tank soaking up bullets for us. EDI came in handy with her distraction as well.

I found our Prothean to be an annoying pain with no respect for others unless set straight by Shepard. I should have sided with Joker and call him "Prothy the Prothean" and eject him out of the airlock.

Nonono Hes the best by far. His weapon is amazing and his dark channel is very good. On top of that he has pull and slam!

My Vanguard Shepard also has pull and slam. :p

I dig Dark Channel, true, reminds me of Reave in ME2 which was by and far my favourite power.

That particle rifle was impressive. He's definitely useful in a fight but for the way I play with Vanguard, having Liara's Warp and EDI's Overload/Incendiary combo always worked better for me, made short work of just about everything. :)