Achievement Guide and Roadmap (+all mods, credits and Insanity tips)

Asturgis

MASS EFFECT 3 OMEGA DLC

-Estimated achievement difficulty: 4/10. Only the last fight is a real challenge on Hardcore and over. Do not change the difficulty if you're on an Insanity run.

-Offline: 3/3 (125 http://www.xbox360achievements.org/images/site/gp-g.jpg).

-Online: None.

-Approximate amount of time to 125 http://www.xbox360achievements.org/images/site/gp-g.jpg: 4 to 5 hours. A bit longer than Leviathan.

-Minimum number of playthroughs needed: 1.

-Number of missable achievements: 1, Meticulous.

-Do cheat codes disable achievements? No cheats.

-Does difficulty affect achievements? No (no need to play on Insanity).

-Glitchy achievements: None.

-Unobtainable achievements? None.

Hello there :) I have written this achievement guide in a detailed manner, so you can find every mod, every weapon and every credit. It can contain spoilers if you read too fast, but I tried my best to avoid that. I will put every discovery in bold. Note that I will not put EXP gains in the guide because I was maxed.

Except for Meticulous that requires you to complete 3 side quests, every achievement is story-related.

http://www.xbox360achievements.org/images/achievements/1747/UFD-6kzj.jpg Talon 50 http://www.xbox360achievements.org/images/site/gp-g.jpg

Find the Talon leader.

This achievement is story-related and cannot be missed.

You will unlock it after reaching Talon HQ for the first time and watching the scene there.

http://www.xbox360achievements.org/images/achievements/1747/UFD+CrRw.jpg Savior 25 http://www.xbox360achievements.org/images/site/gp-g.jpg

Free OMEGA from Cerberus occupation.

This achievement is story-related and cannot be missed.

You will get it at the end of the last huge fight, when you're done securing the area, before you even go talk to Petrovsky. You will unlock your rewards at the same time.

http://www.xbox360achievements.org/images/achievements/1747/UFD8K73F.jpg Meticulous 50 http://www.xbox360achievements.org/images/site/gp-g.jpg

Complete all the Command Center side-missions on OMEGA.

This achievement requires you finished 3 side quests and can be missed.

Quest 1 : you will have to find and activate Terminals between Aria's bunker and Talon HQ. You will have to take the quest from the Hacker at Aria's bunker before talking to Aria and progressing the story. You do not have to turn in this quest. Look for the red and bold indications in the walkthrough for all Terminals.

Quest 2 : you will have to find a Kehri Inverter and give it back to the Mechanic. You will have to accept this quest from him first at Aria's bunker the first time you get there, find the piece at Talon HQ (on the left on the ground when you're free to move) and bring it to him. Look for the red and bold indications in the walkthrough for a more accurate position of the item.

Quest 3 : you will have to find Aria's couch, yes, a real couch, for Harrot the merchant, the second time you come to Aria's bunker. This quest isn't available the first time around. The couch is located under water, before Central Support, after activating the Dam Controls. Take the ladder down, and examine the couch. Aria will comment on it. Look for the red and bold indications in the walkthrough for a more accurate location.

Insanity walkthrough with all mods and credits

Aria build advice

If you have Carnage and Aria does too, you can spread death all around you during this DLC even if Aria’s recharge speed is very slow due to her Shotgun. Word to the wise: better to equip her with a very light Shotgun and have use her only use her Geth SMG. With a Disciple, she can have a better recovery time. Her new Flare power is also excellent, making her the best Vanguard in the game. Invest in maxing everything but do not spend a single point in Reave. You should have 6 points left for Aria. Better not to have Reave than a weak Reave and have her use it instead of something fully developed. FYI, I play an Infiltrator with a level X Javelin and no other weapon. That gives a +145% to my recharge rate with my armor set-up (2 Serrice Council pieces and 2 Rosenkov Materials pieces plus a Mnemonic Visor, or Inferno Armor if you have it) allowing me to spam Incinerate and Carnage, and I still have 20 bullets I can shoot through walls and shields with Cryo ammo and Tactical Cloak if I need to overkill anything. Consider it an Adept Sniper Build. Makes Insanity a breather.

On the road to Aria's Bunker

All right people, let’s start this, shall we? In the room where you start in, there is nothing to take except 2 Med Kits and ammo. So follow Aria after dispatching the first group of Cerberus soldiers. Hit the controls and kill the few soldiers here.

On the right side of the shuttle, you have worth 3000 credits of Tools to salvage, and Assault Rifle High-Velocity Barrel mod N°1 (a new upgrade that is, for once, useful). Take the elevator. At the end of the next room, you have a Computer Console to check for info before opening the doors. Maybe it holds EXP for you if you’re not maxed yet. I was, so I can’t say. Another Computer Console awaits you in the next huge room after dispatching the Engineer. It’s on the right side, inside the area that looks like a bar with all the red barrels. Nothing else except a Medical Station near Aria and the red door. The next attack comes from behind and involves at least 2 Nemesis, so be careful. Once done, progress through the pressurized door into the Control Room. Not much here except being rushed by 2 Guardians. No gift for you except a Medical Station and a Med Kit.

After the elevator ride, you will get rushed again, so get to cover. Kill the troopers, and you have a Wall Safe to salvage for 3000 credits. When you reach the outside and watch the Skyline, you finally find some goodies on the ground. Tools to salvage for 1500 credits, Pistol Heavy Barrel N°1, and a propaganda Control Screen to use. Next is a Med Kit after 2 Guardians. Then, another elevator ride awaits you.

As you exit, a Talon symbol can be checked, then some Scrap Metal needs salvaging for 2250 credits on the ground. Take the door. A new enemy awaits you here: the Rampart Mech. It is actually an interesting and dangerous enemy because they’re well-armored/shielded and rush you, so you have to kill them ASAP. Carnage and Aria’s Flare work wonders here. Nothing special after that except a Med Kit. Take the door Aria opens for you. In here awaits Shotgun High-Velocity Barrel N°1 and a Medical Station. Take the ladder and…

Nyreen build advice

Meet Nyreen. Consider a full Tech build for her. Max everything, as for Aria, except Biotic Protector. You should be left with 6 points for her, same as for Aria. Choose Squad Power Damage in her level 6 Turian Huntress skill tree, and watch your Carnage do even more damage. The combination of Aria’s Flare and Nyreen’s Overload, with your Incinerate (if you’re an Infiltrator) will obliterate almost any foe. Finally a full squad, and one that can deal tremendous Bio/Tech damage.

Salvage some Scrap Metal for 3000 credits off the floor on the right before moving on and getting your first “new” weapon: the N7 Valkyrie. I say “new” because it was N°5 through 7 for me so I had it already, probably from the Leviathan DLC. It will at least allow you to switch Nyreen’s weapons when picking it up. Give her an Arc Pistol and a Saber, or a Scorpion and a Particle Rifle for complementarity, if you have them maxed-out.

Reaching Aria's Bunker

At the end of this room, you will find a Datapad worth 2250 credits. Then move on and try out your new team! You will soon try it out against every type of Cerberus forces except Assassins. When you jump down to fight, take cover in the middle, behind the first little black cube you see. You’ll have good eyes on the situation and see the Rampart Mechs rush you from here. Now, I have moved around the entire area during this fight to look for loot, and I don’t think Nyreen has fired more than 2 shots. I hope it will be better for you guys. You’ll have 2 Atlas to destroy but with your Bio/Tech combos and all the cover here, this should be a joke. Note that the Engineer can spawn in multiple places so you might have to come out of cover to go look for him. Just destroy the second Atlas first of course. Take cover in the Bar if you get too close to the fight. You’re safe there and can fight back. You also have a Med Kit and some ammo so it’s a good camping spot. Just interdict the left door.

I don’t think there is anything to take here except a Med Kit on the other side of the map. After the cool scenes, you find yourself in the Bunker, where one of the achievements starts right away. Go talk to the Mechanic who needs help, then to the Hacker. The first needs a Kehri Inverter, and the other to reach flagged Terminals. For now with your 2 quests in hand, follow Aria...

Edited by Asturgis

On the road to Talon HQ

At the end of the first hallway, you will have some Red Sand crates to examine. Move on and after the ladder, pick a Datapad worth 1500 credits off the floor before turning right. A Terminal you need to activate for the Hacker Quest is right next to the crane controls. Time for a hidden mod! Snipe the barrel on a little elevator next to the ladder. It will unlock it, allowing you to send it down. Take the ladder again, and go back up with the elevator, revealing Assault Rifle High-Velocity Barrel N°2. Go back to Aria and open the Air Seal. Another Datapad worth 1500 credits is at the end of it. Turn right and at the end of the path is another Datapad (it may hold EXP for you) and a Terminal you need to activate after powering up the Generator on the left. Then progress through the second Air Seal. Some Salvage is hidden after the ladder, in a dark corner, worth 1500 credits. Soon after, just right of the stairs you just descended is another Salvage worth 1500 credits. Just after your next fight is a Datapad worth 1500 credits in a little office on the left. The last Terminal you need to activate is also waiting for you in a corner of the big room where the fight just took place. Next is a Medical Station, should you need it, and another door.

Another Medical Station is on the left wall after you kill the Engineer, and a Datapad worth another 1500 credits (how original) in the little office with the Cerberus Lockdown deactivation switch. Hold on a second. In the next office with a holomap is an injured Talon soldier you can revive. Do so and activate the Terminal next to him for the Hacker Quest. Now go press the switch and be ready to get rushed by 2 Rampart Mechs. Ride the elevator down and meet more Rampart Mechs and an Engineer. Deal with reinforcements (more of the same) from afar, then use the Medical Station on the left, should you need it. Then progress towards some clustered reinforcements where Aria’s Flare will do wonders. Use your Javelin through the smoke to headshot the rest. On this platform, you will find another Med Kit (who needs so many, seriously?) and more importantly, 2 semi-hidden Talon soldiers to revive. Then hack the door, and watch the story-wise cool cut-scene.

Then, scavenge the room for a Datapad worth 1500 credits. You can find ammo, frags, Shotgun High-Velocity Barrel N°2 on the ground and a Medical Station, AGAIN. As soon as you exit the elevator, prepare yourself for a double Atlas battle, covered by smoke. Make good use of your Javelin if you have one and combo Incinerate, Overload and Flare. Next you have a Med Kit on the floor, some Salvage on the right for 1500 credits (who could have guessed), another Med Kit on the other side and more importantly, a semi-hidden Hydra Missile Launcher on some crates that you can’t possibly get to during the fight, except if you cloak. Another one can be found on the floor, probably dropped by an enemy you offed. Take the other elevator (yes, this DLC is extremely diversified when it comes to level-design) and get out of it by the ladder, but before going down the second one, walk around the right side and find a hidden Datapad worth… 1500 credits.

Reach the next open area for a Med Kit, and some Salvage in front of the flames worth another 1500 credits (sigh). Next, you’ll have to fight a few Nemesis and Assassins but you’ll see them coming from miles away. I still have my Hydra by the way. Never knows what comes next. Hidden loot time! A Cerberus shuttle has crashed on the right side. Approach it for Sniper Rifle Thermal Scope N°1 (useless if you use the Javelin). When you reach the door at the end, be wary of a Nemesis behind you, on a balcony marked Zeta Tower. This could be your first death on Insanity if you’re unlucky. Take the door. Or not. A major firefight ensues and you have to hold off nearly 20 Centurions, Assault Troopers and even 2 Atlas at the end that you luckily don’t have to destroy. Just hide behind cover until the ground slides shut. The biggest problem in this fight is that enemies will rush you, and there will be smoke everywhere so again, the Javelin works wonders here. Manually place Aria and her Shotgun on one side, in front of you, and Nyreen on the other with her Assault Rifle. Just by trying to keep them alive, you will clear the room if you set them far enough from you to occupy the enemy. Tough fight due to the smoke. You can also try, if everything fails, to cloak and run to the opposite side where you entered. You’ll have to go through the enemy to do this, probably without visibility, so it’s hard, but doable if you’re getting rushed too much. Open the door, reunite with Nyreen’s friends and find a Med Kit before riding yet another elevator to end-up in a second cool-looking base and learn about a new enemy: the Adjutant. You also discover who the Talon leader is. Achievement Unlocked.

Talon HQ and Aria's Bunker

You can talk to one of the Talon you revived earlier, who will thank you. Not far from him, next to a barrel is Shotgun Omni-Blade N°1. On the other side, next to 2 guards guarding a false door, you will find your Kehri Inverter for the Mechanic Quest. Just left of Nyreen is a Datapad with information on it. Talk to Nyreen and go towards your next objective. On this map, you can actually rush the enemy and go take cover against the forward right energy barrier (right of the red car, up the stairs). In the right corner, you will be protected by the barrier, and the nearby generator will boost your shields as enemies flee from your rushing tactics. Aria should take care of any Rampart Mech who tries to attack from behind, basically because she has nowhere else to go. If you don’t want to play this aggressive, just stay near the entry point. After the fight, you’ll find 2 Talons you can revive. One in front of your entry point, and one hidden to the left of the first, around the corner, in the dark. Get back to the Talon HQ and be ready for another huge but easy fight. Nothing special, not even the Atlas at the end. It spawns so far you have the time to kill it 3 times before he becomes a menace.

After the scenes back at Aria’s bunker, meet Harrot the merchant from Mass Effect 2. He will send you on another quest you need to finish for the related achievement. After this, go talk to the Mechanic to give him the Inverter and finish the quest “Assist the Mechanic”. Then talk to Nyreen, and move on. Remember we have to find Aria’s couch to complete the last quest, wherever that is…

Let's find this elevator...

When you enter the next huge area, there isn’t much to find except 2250 credits to salvage in a dead-end opposite the ladder you have to take to progress. There also is a Datapad with information next to a dead Cerberus trooper in front of some huge closed blast doors. Then take the ladder and follow the pipes until you reach a room. Continue to the left of it to reach 1500 credits of Salvage, then enter the room.

Hit the switch, and encounter your first Adjutant, a new deadly enemy. It’s really fast and has a huge layer of Shields, then another of Barrier. They’re like deadlier Brutes. My Aria froze, I hope yours doesn’t. Just stay away from it, cover won’t do you any good, get moving, and use especially Bio/Tech powers like Incinerate to destroy their Shields first. Bypass the door and you’re back at the beginning. You’ll soon have to fight 3 Adjutants at the same time, but you have way more room. Be careful as they dodge a lot and jump very far. Aria’s Shotgun will help, and double-Incinerate them with Nyreen if you’re an Infiltrator. You won’t really have time for a headshot so concentrate on body-shots.

After the elevator ride, you will find your first Med Kit in a while, and to the right, just when engaged by Cerberus, Assault Rifle High-Velocity Barrel N°3. Continue on, finding another path down a ladder. You will find Pistol Heavy Barrel N°2 after bypassing the door where you fought 2 Nemesis. There is another ladder next to the mod. Use it. You will find a Medical Station on the wall and have to fight more Nemesis and a Turret. Bypass the next door and go back up. Enter the Triage Area and find some Tools to salvage on the right worth 1500 credits, as usual. More importantly, behind those is Sniper Rifle Thermal Scope N°2. Continue around the room CCW to find a Datapad with some info on it. Continue to fight up until you reach the elevator you were looking for.

You will get to surprise an Engineer in CQC, so don’t give him a chance. Behind him on the wall is Shotgun Omni-Blade N°2, and for those of you who don't have it maxed yet, a Chakram weapon. On the left is a Medical Station to salvage, and a Dead Trooper for 1500 credits. Salvage some Tools after that for 3750 credits before taking a ladder down. Salvage another Dead Trooper for 2250 credits along the way. Continue and find 2250 credits of Equipment to salvage on the left of the outer circle (at 10 o’clock from the objective) before the cut-scene. If you missed them, you can still get them while being charged by the Rampart Mechs who will come at you, FAST, after the scene. You will have to kill at least a dozen of those, so move a lot from cover to cover, and don’t waste a power use on their impenetrable bubble shield. Use Nyreen’s Overload a lot in combination with what you have, preferably Carnage or Incineration.

Edited by Asturgis

When crap hits the fan

After the scene, you’re on your own. Just a Med Kit to salvage and lots of Rampart Mechs to fight. Spam Carnage before they reach you. When you reach the control room, just use the Reactor Controls. You’ll have a series of choices to make, or not make. It’s up to you. I just didn’t press RT at all and re-routed the power, and then hit LT to calm Aria.

When the next phase begins, you’ll immediately find Sniper Rifle Thermal Scope N°3 on your right, and a Med Kit. A big fight awaits you outside. Be careful not to get rushed by Rampart Mechs and try to reach the Shield Pylon for cover. There is a hidden Datapad all the way across, to the left, but it seems we can’t reach it yet. Go activate the Dam Controls and go for it. 1500 credits, again… Slide down the ladder to find the Couch and 1800 credits. You’re done with all the side quests. Achievement Unlocked.

Move on to finish this DLC, people. Medical Station on the left, then enter Central Support. You’ll have to fight 4 Guardians in CQC, so be careful and snipe through their shield, or let them come for you and have Aria shoot them in the back. Open the green door first for 1500 credits worth of equipment, then move on and deactivate the Fan Controls. In this huge room, there is a Med Kit on the left, one on the right, and a last one near the exit fan. Now the next big fight is a challenge, but highly doable. Enemies don’t spawn by the dozen, so take your time in taking them out working your way CW or CCW. Just be careful of the Engineer and his Turret. After the scene, move on. Shotgun High-Velocity Barrel N°3 awaits you behind the ladder. Move up, then salvage some Equipment worth 1500 credits on the left, and a Med Kit. Continue up on the right side. Use the green door to find 1500 credits in a Locker, then go down the stairs. A Datapad worth 1500 credits awaits at the far end when you’re on ground level. Activate the Video Log. In the next room is a Datapad with info on the floor. Take the door Aria just opened for you.

Approaching Afterlife

A very tough fight awaits. Get behind cover as soon as you enter. You have a few seconds, or a few kills, before an Atlas comes joining, and ruining, the party. He will be on you before you can take him, so you have 2 options. Working your way around cover towards the left if he comes from your right, or towards the right if he approaches from your left. It will be tough because he will have an angle on you at some point. The safest strategy is to run like Hell upstairs, take the ladder and camp there. You’re safer there. 1500 credits of Equipment can be salvaged in the green door upstairs. A Med Kit is also at the bottom of the ladder leading there. Nothing more, so exit and take another ladder. Turn left for another Datapad worth 1500 credits, then go right. Pistol Heavy Barrel N°3 awaits you in plain sight. Next room, examine a Cerberus Trooper dead under the shuttle for 1500 credits. Next, be careful of the Turret and use the left of the room, where the Shield Pylon is, for cover. A Med Kit is on the right on a counter. Then take the stairs.

Go to the end of the next area and talk to the Civilian. On his right is some Junk you can salvage for 1200 credits. Then take the green door. Talk to the next civilian, probably alive because you saved all the Talons, and salvage the Lab Equipment for… 1 credit. Welcome to the Mass Effect 2 bug from Tali’s mission. In this area, I would advise you changed your loadout. The last mission is all about blitz attacking one objective after the next, and only kill what’s in your way, so even if you have a complete Infiltrator build like me, I would suggest taking a Geth Shotgun as a secondary weapon. You can talk to another civilian on the way to the next blockade, where you will find Shotgun Omni-Blade N°3. You now have all the mods in this DLC! Move on. After the awesome scene and Aria cuts lose, you have a Datapad on the left behind you before following her. It’s worth 1 credit to me, but thank God it’s the last one in the DLC.

Boss fight

You are now in for a tough battle. It is one of the most irritating battles in the entire game, so do not underestimate it. Just know that Adjutants and Cerberus personnel respawn ad infinitum. So only kill what’s in front of you, between you and your objective. Do NOT hesitate to use Medi-Gel, that’s one of the 2 or 3 times in the game you’ll really need it. And blitz every objective. Each of the 4 only has to be touched once, you don’t need to hold A to hack or bypass anything, so just run there cloaked, hide next to the Generator in each corner to recover your shield, and move on to the next one, cloaked again. Just stop in the middle to snipe the conduit near Aria, and charge-shoot anything in your path with the Geth Shotgun. Also know that Aria’s HP drains really fast. You HAVE to blitz this encounter, you don’t even have the time, to fight. Remember not to even bother fighting in each of the 4 corners because of the Shield Generator. It will make an Adjutant twice as tough, and in CQC. Impossible. Be on the move and only target Cerberus personnel who’s in the way. Finally, remember to make good use of A to evade à la Gears of War, or to run like a madman to the next objective.

At the end of the battle you will unlock Flare and Lash from Aria’s trees in the Normandy Med-Bay, plus receive 15000 credits of Alliance Funding, and Petrovsky’s chessboard as a decoration prop for your cabin. Achievement unlocked. You got every mod, and every credit. I hope I helped. Take care guys.

Thanks to JeanRob for a datapad I missed and to Shdwwrym for finding the Chakram I couldn't have seen (I was already level X).

Edited by Asturgis

There's a datapad worth... 1 500 credits in the same room where you discover who the Talon chief is.

With the med-bay behind your back, you can see some computer screens, windows and two Cerberus corpses slightly to the right next to some crates. The datapad is behind those crates.

Edited by JeanRob

I found a Chakram Launcher on the floor just a bit further down from where you get Shotgun Omni-Blade N2, on the right side of the floor, before you reach any of the other collectables you mentioned in that section or leave the area. I could still see the Engineer's body from the CQC encounter you mention, so it isn't very far from that.

Also, for the Talon achievement, while you technically meet her at that part, it wasn't until later in the DLC, when you reach the Talon base, that the achievement popped for me. It could be due to discovering the actual identity of the leader.

Edited by Shdwwrym
More information

You will get to surprise an Engineer in CQC, so don’t give him a chance. Behind him on the wall is Shotgun Omni-Blade N°2, and for those of you who don't have it maxed yet, a Chakram weapon. On the left is a Medical Station to salvage, and a Dead Trooper for 1500 credits. Salvage some Tools after that for 3750 credits before taking a ladder down. Salvage another Dead Trooper for 2250 credits along the way. Continue and find 2250 credits of Equipment to salvage on the left of the outer circle (at 10 o’clock from the objective) before the cut-scene. If you missed them, you can still get them while being charged by the Rampart Mechs who will come at you, FAST, after the scene. You will have to kill at least a dozen of those, so move a lot from cover to cover, and don’t waste a power use on their impenetrable bubble shield. Use Nyreen’s Overload a lot in combination with what you have, preferably Carnage or Incineration.

I'm sorry but this is a bit misleading, the last part of this paragraph. It isn't clear where things are and I tried to find all of these things, particularly after I had five Rampart Mechs come after me, and I could not find ANYTHING. Nothing mentioned in the above paragraph except the mechs. Please clean this up a bit and be clear and specific on where things are sir.

Please clean this up a bit and be clear and specific on where things are sir.

Please do not be condescending and do not blame me for you not finding things :) This walkthrough is an add-on, a bonus, to the achievement guide. It is in no way required to get your 3 achievements. I genuinely believe there is nothing to clean-up, even if english isn't my first language so I could have made a mistake, but that is not the case here :(

You cannot miss the Engineer who has his back to you and a mod in a weapon rack on the wall behind him. It's obvious and descriptive enough, I should think. Then you have a bunch of credits on dead guys as you make your way to the objective. Just look for their bodies a little.

Then you arrive in a circular room. I tell you how much credits, I tell you their name, so you don't mistake them for others, then I tell you the 2250 of Equipment to Salvage are on the left when you enter the circular room, or at 10 o'clock if you look at the objective and think of the room as a clock. How can I be more specific ? All the rest in the paragraph was in the stairs and hallways before this room, obviously, and after the scene, you can't go back. That's why I also specify that if you miss the credits before the scene you can still get them during the fight. After that, it's fucked.

I actually think for 2250 damned credits, I have been way clearer than required :)

Edited by Asturgis

• 4 weeks later...

I received the "Talon" achievement in the cutscene right after you revive the 2 partially hidden Talon soldiers, which is earlier on then your guide indicated. I certainly don't want to make it sound like a gripe by any means, as your guide was quite outstanding and allowed me to acquire all the mods and credits. Thank you!

• 1 month later...

Congratulations!

This Achievement Guide and Roadmap has been reviewed by Guide Team Staff member Yunder and has been published as the Official x360a.org Achievement Guide and Roadmap! The link to the Official Guide is here:

Official x360a.org Mass Effect 3 / DLC: Omega Achievement Guide and Roadmap

Please post any updates within the Update: Guides & Roadmaps thread.

Also, please check the Award Tracking: Guides & Roadmaps forum to make sure we are up to date.

You may request for those to be edited/updated within that forum as well.

We look forward to your future submissions!

Edited by Kairi

• 8 months later...
  • 6 months later...