Hearthfire should be refunded!

SimonJK

As much as past Bethesda glitches have never really broke my games, both Fallouts and TES, this times they have definately NOT deliver the advertised product.

I've always been a console player and constantly have been jealous at the free mods available for Bethesda PC versions so I downloaded Heathfire straight away as I've always waited the ability to build and design my own houses in TES and not have to just store my loot in chests pre-available. The DLC advertises the ability to build and won 3 houses and display selected items in them. I've not only not been able to buy the Falkreath house - Lakeside view due to a glitched radient quest for Skald but my items have been locked to various dummies and they wont display newer ones no matter how many times I change the armor - the dlc is ruin by bad programming that is probably user repaired on the PC by unoffical patch. Bethesda need to adapt the user created patches for the Xbox and PS3 or refund the money due to false advertising. The DLC glitches are caused by other glitches within the game that they are aware of but they still sell it, it is wrong. If it was an item in a retail shop you would slap the receipt on the desk and get a refund.

My main complaint with Hearthfire is that whenever I go to my house, there are always enemies around it. Lakeview is the worst one for this, since whenever I go there, there is almost always a giant literally right next to my door. And he always kills my chickens, and my cow takes off running (it's actually quite funny, but annoying too).

One of the other houses isn't that bad for enemies unless you get to a certain point in the main quest, which always causes dragons to spawn there.

So far for me the best one has been Winstad Manor as far as enemies spawning go.

Another thing I don't like about Hearthfire is that whenever I try to manually decorate the home and I leave, the items always get out of place :/

• 2 weeks later...

I haven't experienced any glitches, my only problem has been if you spend to long of a time away from the house, everything inside respawns. So any item you had setting on a table or shelf will be displaced by whatever item was originality there. Between this and the fact that it's near impossible to set items where you want due to the the grab feature being so horribly programmed, it's as if the programmers simply didn't give a shit about players being able to decorate their houses. The casual player might not care about this but to the more die hard fans of the series this is rather important.

As much as past Bethesda glitches have never really broke my games, both Fallouts and TES, this times they have definately NOT deliver the advertised product.

I've always been a console player and constantly have been jealous at the free mods available for Bethesda PC versions so I downloaded Heathfire straight away as I've always waited the ability to build and design my own houses in TES and not have to just store my loot in chests pre-available. The DLC advertises the ability to build and won 3 houses and display selected items in them. I've not only not been able to buy the Falkreath house - Lakeside view due to a glitched radient quest for Skald but my items have been locked to various dummies and they wont display newer ones no matter how many times I change the armor - the dlc is ruin by bad programming that is probably user repaired on the PC by unoffical patch. Bethesda need to adapt the user created patches for the Xbox and PS3 or refund the money due to false advertising. The DLC glitches are caused by other glitches within the game that they are aware of but they still sell it, it is wrong. If it was an item in a retail shop you would slap the receipt on the desk and get a refund.

Heck, why stop there? Just send your xbox back to Microsoft and demand a refund because you cannot play games on it like you can the PC. Stop reaching for the streetlight when you can reach for the stars!

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...
My main complaint with Hearthfire is that whenever I go to my house, there are always enemies around it. Lakeview is the worst one for this, since whenever I go there, there is almost always a giant literally right next to my door. And he always kills my chickens, and my cow takes off running (it's actually quite funny, but annoying too).

Another thing I don't like about Hearthfire is that whenever I try to manually decorate the home and I leave, the items always get out of place :/

Yeah I hear you there. That giant is right next to my door too whenever I leave Lakeview. Haha I moved my wife and two children into that house and when the giant showed up I moved house to my second house. xD But yeah it can be quite annoying having to continuously buy chickens all the time.

And I also find that I too whenever I leave and come back all my possessions are strewn all over my house. I read that if you enter and exit your house once or twice before you go decorate your house and then exit and re-enter and leave again when you're done, your items should remain where you left them. At least something like that I read somewhere.

• 2 months later...

Hum here is for me..

1) The Lakeview Manor is my main house... its very rarely attacked by ennemies... never Giants. I had a couple wolf attack it yesterday, i was surprise since its very rare, but my horse and housecarl dispatched them easily.

I haven't finish my other houses(so long, so boring...) but i never had ennemies attacking like dragons or such.

As for item droping, yes i kept the decoration to a minimal, using more the racks than display case cause whats in the display cases often move either a bit or end up on the ground... thats annoying. Then even in the racks some items refuse to stay there... bothers me too.

Same as you for mannequins... yes a great duping method, but i would like to be able to change whats on them now that i got better stock... And i would like the trophy room to be changeable as well... i screwed a base with a damn wolf... when i could had put a bigger ennemie... I could rebuild the whole house, but forget that...lol

And like most of you i think this would had been fun to be able to customize it as wish, i mean you can choose to NOT place a certain item, but thats it... no choice of what you want to put where... it should had been entirely customizable...

Also i would had prefer 1 major freaking house that you can choose the spot you want to put it on(between 3 or 5) and build it with every avalaible wings. I mean, its not like enchantement tower or alchemy labs are nessary... its just its cool to have one, but there so small they could had just been attached to a bigger house with trophy room and armory...

I'd be happy If I could remove certain wings of my house and replace them with a different room tbh. And it's too rigid in terms what you can actually build. Aside from that, I'd prefer to be able to have an actual child rather than adopt one. Though with all the various races I can see why they haven't. That and the age rating I guess.

Yes being able to rebuild JUST one wing would had been cool, now you got to destroy the whole house to start over... EURK, who would do that after they finished everything?

As for children, well im ok with adopting, as you say, i guess an argonian marrying a kajit would be extremely awkward to have an human kid... :dance:

I doubt the rating have something to do, since in Fable you can ans its easily done. Skyrim is bloody with decapitation and such, i doubt a blackened sex scene a la fable would had change the rating.

On the other hand, i wish we could had more than 2 kids... cmon guys its the old time... famillies back then had 10-15 kids... lol would it had been so hard to allow us to get 4 or 5...?

I builded my house making sure there is the most people in it, as i like when there is life in it. I got my housecarl, i hired another person for steward(so got 2 there) , my wife, my 2 kids, my bard, a dog and a mudcrab(kido found that, let it keep it lol)

One other thing I just thought of would be having some way to easily move my items from one house to another. It is an absolute joke having to chuck everything onto me and my follower. There should be some way to just transport your items to a new house. A magical chest or something, I dunno. It would be nice.

Yeah, you could, like, hire Dovahkiin & Sons movers in Whiterun to just transport your belongings between houses. Of course, for a price...

A magic chest... yeah would be cool, in a world like skyrim, i don't think it would be too weird... why not. But if you could at least load your cottage with stock... that would had been sweet. Like infinite space... considering your character once upped a lot can wear a lot(i can wear up to 800... me alone WITH my armor, but i got all the perks to carry more + the stone)

• 1 month later...
I just wish I could get Jarl Dengeir or Tekla to even mention the land for sale. :(

Good luck.

I was never able to get Dengier to sell me land, no matter how many quests I did for Tekla or helped townsfolk. I had to restart the game to get the 2 achievements connected to owning all 3 plots.

I wrote Bethesda and everything, they didn't respond in any way. I was lucky enough to get into the betas for both Dawnguard and Dragonborn, but I wish there'd been a beta test for Hearthfire since I could've said something when they might have been interested enough to do something.

I don't understand why they can't just add code to make Dengier sell you the land.

• 10 months later...

My poor friend had this DLC and bought a house and put so much time into it and then one day he went to it and his house was gone. He was so sad. I felt bad for him. And then he got another house in another game and tried to adopt children and it wouldnt let him. He had everything he needed too. I guess this wasnt his DLC....

I thought that it was slightly disappointing, but not terrible. For starters, there should've been more customisation since you can't really choose what goes where very much, or even change the colour of your house. Also, I keep having giants spawn by my house and attacking my housecarl, which is slightly annoying.

Oh, and I heard that there's a chance if your containers resetting if you leave your items there, so none of these issues really matter as I haven't moved into any of my three new houses. :p